Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Acid/Neurotoxin spit and the planned updates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyHawkpilot019 View Post
    neuro isnt even bad, i dont know why xenos say it is
    Be queen, get chased down by a single marine. Somehow miss four times in a row thanks to rng. Gives the marine 10 seconds flat to buckshot you twice. => go crit, die, cry.

Or slash them once and watch decap rng meme them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnorse View Post
    Personally, I'd rather have neuro do less and less the more it's chained.
    First neuro stuns, the second stuns for way less, the third just makes you drop your weapon/slows you down a tad. It refreshes if the marine hasn't been hit by neuro for like 5 seconds.
    Literally would make it impossible to do shit with how short the stun already is. Would only work if neuro has additional effects that build up. It also doens't make any sense. You'll get people baiting out neuro shots so they can gain that neurotox resistance in a push :^) Hell, it even punishes skilled sentinels for being accurate. Might as well not shoot a marine until you got a guaranteed window at abduction.

Just make neurotoxin a chem like suggested before. Metabolizes fast, causes adverse effects we already have in the code. Enough of it and you get stunned. Redicilous amounts of it and you get oxy OD damage. That way you have to be hit a few times first before you're fucked. And it makes it a good harassment tool to supress defending rines.

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I have to agree that it should just be a chemical that causes pain or some other shenanigans with it, make it more strategic, and also lets a dedicated sentinel actually reliably guard the nest by injecting people with neurotoxin or some such.

And if it gives you a warning and requires multiple hits before stunned, it removes the overwhelming meme potential of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I said it somewhere already, but I'll repeat it here:

The problem with neurospit isn't that it knocks a marine on his ass, it's that it costs next to nothing in plasma and can be freely spammed by spitting castes.

IMO the only thing you need to do to neurotoxin is remove the RNG element so it works reliably, remove its ability to go over cades, and introduce a hefty plasma cost that ensures a xeno can only spit once or twice before having to recharge. The cost to spitting has to be substantial to prevent spam - which is where the real problem with it is.

This turns it into a powerful initiator for ambushes and the like, but you can't just memestun a marine dragging him for 30 miles into the hive, which is where the real bullshit with it comes from. Landing one stun should not = haha I win.

In this way the neurospit becomes more like lurker/runner pounce. You land your spit, get in and mess him up, then retreat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The good thing about that approach is that it would encourage team work and interplay between drones and ranges caste, with frontline drones/hivelords being able to get more mileage out of transfer plasma.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heraclitus View Post
    The good thing about that approach is that it would encourage team work and interplay between drones and ranges caste, with frontline drones/hivelords being able to get more mileage out of transfer plasma.
    If this is implemented then plasma regen on weeds should be buffed, so that nuero becomes stronger in hives/on the xenos side of the battlefield.

Sentinels are still super important to guard captures, if they can only spit twice before needing to recharge escaping would be alot easier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    If this is implemented then plasma regen on weeds should be buffed, so that nuero becomes stronger in hives/on the xenos side of the battlefield.
    Sentinels are still super important to guard captures, if they can only spit twice before needing to recharge escaping would be alot easier.
    IMO - if you can't re-nest a marine with two neurospits (that are guaranteed to land, no RNG) and the use of tackle, he deserves to escape.

Expanding on this a little more though - Sentinel neurospit is actually not the best tool for putting marines back in the nest. That award goes to Warriors with their 8 second long lunge/grab. A single warrior in the nest is better at crowd control and re-nesting marines than a single sentinel is, even with the sentinels' current neurospam.