Date of Incident
    November 11, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Nathon 'punished' stafford

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Clairion?

Accused Character Name
    Karla 'Knees" Blessig

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    around 3:30 Pacific Time

What rule(s) were broken:

Description of the incident:
    Latejoined as engineer, went to medbay to see doctors had made a cool stim, got told to only take one otherwise suffer immense heart damage. Round goes on for awhile as me and others are holding SE caves waiting for nuke, during this Karla comes up to me and wordlessly feeds me a pill. I assume she gave me bicardine or something so I carry on. Later we all fall back because nuke has arrived, during this the xenos try to flank us and I am slow because of FF damage so I take the stim pill only to get owned by heart damage, leading to heartbreak, leading to permadeath.

Normally I wouldn't care since the round ended soon but according to others Karla had been doing this for awhile and about 6 people had died from OD because they didn't realize they had a pill in them and were permanently removed from the round. I ahelped but got no response and dubzor told me to report so here I am.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Logs, some people were talking about it in dchat and I think giving people pills creates a log

How you would punish the accused:
    Not up to me, if anything just tell them to be more careful next time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its November 9th. I'm not from the future I'm just braindead
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting a witness. I was playing as a Delta Medic on Big Red, and saw a shit ton of ODs that round. While I did not die so I cant back up Dchat, but the stims were in like every 3 marine i scanned for treatment, and most of them were ODing. Because the round went on for so long it very quickly got to the point where I could not save the marines who had had OD. On a side not i never had to think about taking more then one bottle of prei or dylo, but that round I wish I had 2 extra.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stim was made by researcher Vanessa 'Pocket' Miller.

It appears that there were 2 stims going around, with Karla thinking they were both different, however:
    One pill bottle contained Soporific MST10NST2(14.375u)
    And the other Soporific MST10NST2(15u)

But looking at the logs, the Soporific MST10NST2(15u) was already deadly with just one pill...
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Logs of Karla feeding stims to people
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Karla finds out about the OD:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

People are dying from the OD:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Xperia15; 11-10-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giving people stims without consent is the main problem I have, as it risks fucking over whoever you gave the pill to. It isn’t karlas fault completely but they aren’t exempt from it either
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    Mapper since 12/29/2020

Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right so. I was playing Karla that round and i was indeed going around giving people the muscle stimulating chem. I did try to tell that i was giving out those pills most of the time i gave them but just like normally as medic i did indeed semi tunnel vision at some point and i might have given a few pills without telling the person i was feeding them. But i did try to tell it, especially when i thought it was really important for someone to know (for example a IO walking away that i gave a spare pill and told how the pills worked or at the FOB where there were more of those pills on the ground with no context)

Now as for the ODs if i am correct the OD for the muscle stim pills should have been 20 but Xperia saying one pill would OD makes me doubt that a bit.

HOWEVER
    I did find a real big issue out somewhere near the time the nuke was being deployed that round. I ODed on the research chems and almost died. This happened twice even though i was making sure that the chem was no longer in my body.
    After having a really big think i think i figured out what was happening to make me OD and i think that also happened to some of the people getting ODed that round. (You can see me talking about it in the logs "Karla finding out about the OD" although i wasnt explaining it well there.)

There were 2 chemicals in circulation that round that were intended for marine use. Soporific MST10NST2 and Soporific PNK10APS2. Something that was happening was when i took one of the 2 pills it would be in my body and act as normal. But when i took the other chemical ,in my case it was the painkiller after taking the muscle stim to counter the pain i was getting fighting xenos, the two chemicals combined and i would have only Soporific PNK10APS2 in my body. Something like 28 units since a bit of the
    muscle stim would already be gone when i took the painkilling chem. As you can imagine that ODed me and i think it might have happened to a few more people that round since i was also giving out that painkilling med from time to time. (although not nearly as much as the muscle stim)
    I think what caused it was both of the chemicals being based on Soporific so when they were in the body the game assumed they were the same chem and combined them into one of the two and would OD the person since the combined chemicals would be over the OD threshold.
    I'm sad to say that i dont have a screenshot about the chems combining in my body so you're just going to have to take my statement at face value. I'm certain they combined and caused my OD since i was making sure i wasn't taking the same pill twice.

Now to get to the actual reason for the report, namely the fact that i did give out some pills without telling the person i was giving the pill to that i was giving them the muscle stim chem.
    I do agree after seeing all the death and destruction the muscle stim ODs caused that it was probably not a good call to have given any of them out without telling the person that i was giving them the muscle stim chem even if some of those deaths were caused by the weird interaction between the two special chems.

Long story short. I hope i gave some context as to the chem ODs that round and I am deeply sorry for the fact that people permanently died due to me not informing them that i was giving them a muscle stim. (I'm also sorry for not responding to you after you pinged me on discord Stafford I didn't talk in LRC because it was really late and I needed to get up real early the next day. But thats just a personal apology not related to the report.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clairion View Post

Long story short. I hope i gave some context as to the chem ODs that round and I am deeply sorry for the fact that people permanently died due to me not informing them that i was giving them a muscle stim. (I'm also sorry for not responding to you after you pinged me on discord Stafford I didn't talk in LRC because it was really late and I needed to get up real early the next day. But thats just a personal apology not related to the report.)
    Its cool. I'll drop this report. Mistakes happen.
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    Mapper since 12/29/2020

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Its cool. I'll drop this report. Mistakes happen.
    Logs are pulled, what's done is done.
    Manager will make a decision.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clairion View Post
    I think what caused it was both of the chemicals being based on Soporific so when they were in the body the game assumed they were the same chem and combined them into one of the two and would OD the person since the combined chemicals would be over the OD threshold.
    I'm sad to say that i dont have a screenshot about the chems combining in my body so you're just going to have to take my statement at face value. I'm certain they combined and caused my OD since i was making sure i wasn't taking the same pill twice.
    Just confirming this is the case by design, to avoid people being able to stack different versions of the same chemical at minimal costs to Research. It is intended for them to revert back to their native version (in this case, Soporific), but the way it is implemented, one absorbs the other.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can post as a witness, I was DEFCON ERT male medic with random name that I can't remember (one of the OD victims anyway). Nuke was already deployed, so I decided that since I'm not playing my usuall character who REFUSES using stims, might as well take one.

At first I even didn't noticed that "Karla" even fed me a pill, it was that wordless. I blamed Researchers for that mistake, but in dchat everyone said that pills were good, so I scrolled trough my chatbox and I found out the truth.

It all happened in LZ FoB, where there was lying a mountain of stim pills, so its hard that someone could not came to the conclusion that nobody would pop one from pile of ground pills. Its like SS13 trope to eat floor pills.

Next time I will see someone with random/unknown name wordlessly comming up and trying to feed me only one pill, he is getting flamed.