User Tag List

Thread: Adios, till another day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adios, till another day.

Had fun playing CM for a good 2ish years. Lots of good stuff, fun learning, and wonderful popcorn drama eaten along the way. Ill probably be back after a few several months, just to see what happens.

The games changed alot. Say what you want about Apop, the man had a unifying vision of what this game was generally supposed to be, and everyone generally fell in line with that vision. It may not have been the most spacious vision, and alot of times, could be a little cramped. In fact, the screws of controlling were tightening to silly levels with the pill lock system just before he departed.

I hope i gave good thoughts, i miss talking/complaining/discussing stuff in the suggestions forums. It was like gathering around a small campfire and throwing random ideas at tree in the hopes that the gods above decided to glance downwards.

Definitely had fun learning the game system to its fullest. Its not Space Station 13 if you cant master all 5 elements of super matter reactors, Chemical bombs, Surgery super mixing, Communications mastering, and playing Super Tower Defense.

The journey from a bald-headed blackeyed urist private, into a unique and colorful character was sweet. Like getting a few rungs short of touching the championship belt in a WWF ladder match. I got to roll with some CM legendary people.

Wish i spent more time on discord, I think this is a strong community to be a part of. Lots of knowledgeable and interestin' people. Definitly wish i RP'd a little harder to make every game as memorable as i could. But, i hope i built strong enough walls, good enough defenses, so that aliens would have a rough n' tumble try at using their xeno minds to get in, so that other people could have a little more time to RP out some fun stuff as the walls came caving in.

My final roll of the advice dice says: CM should focus down on being enjoyable, rather than being competitive. Thats the goal line, balance be damned. If your not balancing for enjoyment, your off-center and need to rethink why the game exists.

The sacrifice, the pain, the push of excellence is amazing, but if at the end of the day, you hit the finish line and you dont come away saying that was worth the effort put in, then something went terribly wrong. Lifes precious. Unique things both good and bad should be cherished for what they attempted to do, and the mediocre and average should be recognized as such and aim to be improved, constantly.

Enough talking. Private/Lance-Corporal/Staff-Sargent/Req Ensign/ Lt./Chief Engineer Lacy 'Scrap' Barreras signing off Comms. God damnin yes its broken, Ill fix it later, no we dont have anymore metal on the ship, i scrapped every inch, Comms are back up, everyone rally to Requisitions, attachments are all free, Yall Lock down the firedoors and weld the bulkheads, Egrills are set up, Rally and hold the line boys on my postion. Adios and Over.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn rip. i still remember your mobile cryo research