User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: razor - Commanding Officer Application

  1. #11
    Whitelisted Predator
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your response it is quite nicely detailed and in-depth which I do like. Indeed, there are many factors that can change like the competence of Xenos or how aggressive they are even can be heavily dependant on the competence of marines or if they actually follow your plan or just UNGA to death. The thing is I still would have to still disagree with the dismantling of APCs specifically warrants a valid BE regardless of stolen some materials as those are easily replaced wouldn't validate that as reasoning but that is just my opinion. I am more aligning down to giving +1 however do still if I am able to witness around as a command role of the sort, for now, I will remain neutral.

    Now I do wanna test you for some more BE situations this may clear up my judgment regarding what may a worthy BE. Can either go into detail but simple answers will suffice, additionally, a secondary answer that isn't entirely a BE but an alternative solution to the situation, I would like to see if able.

    1. A RPG spec had their weapon out on the battlefield some asshole marine disarms which due to the spec not being in a position to fire effectively at bugs winds up Friendly Firing multiple marines and killing them. (You are not present on the battlefield at this time)
    2. You are on the ground lets say the circumstances require you to deploy and you near the front got a few marines nearby in close proximity there are a few bugs nearby. A marine friendly fires you, however, this friendly fire is a PB directly on you via shotgun heavily injuring you.
    3. Again you're on the ground, there is a marine with an HPR at a choke point firing crazy however you gave the order to hold firing as in this instance either support role/spec/SL down the range visibly can be seen by the HPR gunner but continues to fire after you gave the order to stop twice. The marine at that chokepoint now is dead despite the minute or so chance the HPR gunner could have halted but there weren't many hostiles in that situation.
    Last edited by Shyguychizzy; 11-16-2020 at 11:39 PM.

  2. #12
    Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen some excellent SL work from you, and that is what really counts for me. It's always a pleasure having you as the Alpha lead or in command, so easy +1 from me.
    - Squad Leader Charles 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

    (Probably already dead)



    - June 4, 2189


  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyguychizzy View Post
    Thanks for your response it is quite nicely detailed and in-depth which I do like. Indeed, there are many factors that can change like the competence of Xenos or how aggressive they are even can be heavily dependant on the competence of marines or if they actually follow your plan or just UNGA to death. The thing is I still would have to still disagree with the dismantling of APCs specifically warrants a valid BE regardless of stolen some materials as those are easily replaced wouldn't validate that as reasoning but that is just my opinion. I am more aligning down to giving +1 however do still if I am able to witness around as a command role of the sort, for now, I will remain neutral.

    Now I do wanna test you for some more BE situations this may clear up my judgment regarding what may a worthy BE. Can either go into detail but simple answers will suffice, additionally, a secondary answer that isn't entirely a BE but an alternative solution to the situation, I would like to see if able.

    1. A RPG spec had their weapon out on the battlefield some asshole marine disarms which due to the spec not being in a position to fire effectively at bugs winds up Friendly Firing multiple marines and killing them. (You are not present on the battlefield at this time)
    2. You are on the ground lets say the circumstances require you to deploy and you near the front got a few marines nearby in close proximity there are a few bugs nearby. A marine friendly fires you, however, this friendly fire is a PB directly on you via shotgun heavily injuring you.
    3. Again you're on the ground, there is a marine with an HPR at a choke point firing crazy however you gave the order to hold firing as in this instance either support role/spec/SL down the range visibly can be seen by the HPR gunner but continues to fire after you gave the order to stop twice. The marine at that chokepoint now is dead despite the minute or so chance the HPR gunner could have halted but there weren't many hostiles in that situation.

    I agree with you, lets see how I react to your questions and will add two another BE situations to test myself about how I react in situations and see if people agree with me or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shyguychizzy View Post
    1. A RPG spec had their weapon out on the battlefield some asshole marine disarms which due to the spec not being in a position to fire effectively at bugs winds up Friendly Firing multiple marines and killing them. (You are not present on the battlefield at this time)
    If he did it on purpose, which I guess he did, cause you said "asshole marine", I would go ahead and inform the MPs about the incident. I don't think this situation should justify a BE. Already had this situation several times where RPG spec has a minor fight with someone in the middle of the battlefield causing him to be disarmed and such stuff.

    First reason is: I am not on the battlefield with them and such incident has to happen in my presence.
    Second reason is: It could be a mistake and executing this marine could lead to further trouble in the situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shyguychizzy View Post
    2. You are on the ground lets say the circumstances require you to deploy and you near the front got a few marines nearby in close proximity there are a few bugs nearby. A marine friendly fires you, however, this friendly fire is a PB directly on you via shotgun heavily injuring you.
    I would assume it was a mistake, considering he didn't chase me while shooting with no enemies around, and would just hope for a medic to heal me. After returning into combat I would tell that marine to be more careful in the future please and go back killing xenos together.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shyguychizzy View Post
    3. Again you're on the ground, there is a marine with an HPR at a choke point firing crazy however you gave the order to hold firing as in this instance either support role/spec/SL down the range visibly can be seen by the HPR gunner but continues to fire after you gave the order to stop twice. The marine at that chokepoint now is dead despite the minute or so chance the HPR gunner could have halted but there weren't many hostiles in that situation.
    Considering he goes against a direct order it would be justified to handle this harder. But he could also be deaf from a explosion. If he keeps causing more deaths and trouble in the operation with bad intent after beeing warned again I would either take the MP way or take him out myself.

    Further BE situations:

    1: Briefing is happening and all squads get their orders including Bravo beeing ordered to setup FOB. Then Bravo SL keeps saying over radio: "Guys lets not do FOB duty, I want to roam around and kill something". Hearing this, command gives him several times the order to hold FOB and even I give him the order myself seeing how rebellious he is. Upon landing Bravo SL runs off leaving the FOB with no leadership and still refuses to return after beeing called over radio.

    If I were at the frontline and Bravo SL would do that in my presence, I would go ahead and make use of the right. The FOB is a very important part of the operation and going against a direct order can't be tolerated. He leaves all his fellow marines back without protection and risks the success of the operation.

    2: After a long and exhaustive fight the marines lost the surface due to a overwhelming force of the xenos and don't want to head back down. As I watch cameras I see that the FOB still can be retaken if all marines head down together quick. After understanding the opportunity, I go ahead and write a announcement and send the marines back. Two marines start to rebel and refuse to head back down beeing scared of the hostiles.

    Retreating and leaving the FOB in the first place was fine. But not going back down and fighting when requested is desertion. If there are other marines down there, they could need the help now and so I would also count this as a betrayel against their brothers leaving them back. If they keep refusing to go down this would justifice a BE as it goes against direct order and can be counted as threat to my command. I would not send marines to their death if there is not a chance of succeeding.

    Anyways I can understand if you still stay neutral because you didn't see me commanding yet. I will go ahead playing more and hope to see you in game these days.
    Last edited by razor; 11-17-2020 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Correcting format, Adding another sentence

  4. #14
    Whitelisted Predator
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    If he did it on purpose, which I guess he did, cause you said "asshole marine", I would go ahead and inform the MPs about the incident. I don't think this situation should justify a BE. Already had this situation several times where RPG spec has a minor fight with someone in the middle of the battlefield causing him to be disarmed and such stuff.

    First reason is: I am not on the battlefield with them and such incident has to happen in my presence.
    Second reason is: It could be a mistake and executing this marine could lead to further trouble in the situation.
    This situation indeed can be looked over however within the right of the CO probably aren't aware of if your presence is required we may deploy to apply a Battlefield Execution granted if it is worthy. Depending on information witnesses could become OOC problems as that's either griefing or being a dick but your answer is fair.


    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I would assume it was a mistake, considering he didn't chase me while shooting with no enemies around, and would just hope for a medic to heal me. After returning into combat I would tell that marine to be more careful in the future please and go back killing xenos together.
    As I did state, it was a PB meaning Point blank indicating they clicked on your character firing at point-blank for clarification purposes of the situation. You can forgive this situation however should approach the person who PBed, if they apologize, can be given but given the circumstances if a Xeno was indeed in the crosshair or rather in range and you got misclicked for a PB it is dismissed but PB would be warranted for a BE depending if it was a mere accident.


    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Considering he goes against a direct order it would be justified to handle this harder. But he could also be deaf from a explosion. If he keeps causing more deaths and trouble in the operation with bad intent after beeing warned again I would either take the MP way or take him out myself.
    Again I must clarify as the information presented an HPR Gunner ignored both warnings and visibly can see the marine downrange no assumption they had explosion damage hence that information wasn't a factor. Due to this, a key support role/spec/SL is dead down-range. Indeed both answers are in a way right I do wish to dissect it you the effect, press charges for murder charges MP would not deal with this individual as MPs can't make an arrest at battlefield only if authorized if enough MPs at Almayer and only at FOB allowing potential future cases where the Gunner could kill more marines either FF or just failure to even realize such. The second outcome, BE them for effectively killing them for failing to stop murdering a key marine in which they had the ability to stop failed to do so making them a given threat and BEing them prevented the future loss. Not calling you wrong in this scenario but the results in theory.

    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    1: Briefing is happening and all squads get their orders including Bravo beeing ordered to setup FOB. Then Bravo SL keeps saying over radio: "Guys lets not do FOB duty, I want to roam around and kill something". Hearing this, command gives him several times the order to hold FOB and even I give him the order myself seeing how rebellious he is. Upon landing Bravo SL runs off leaving the FOB with no leadership and still refuses to return after beeing called over radio.

    If I were at the frontline and Bravo SL would do that in my presence, I would go ahead and make use of the right. The FOB is a very important part of the operation and going against a direct order can't be tolerated. He leaves all his fellow marines back without protection and risks the success of the operation.
    Don't believe a BE would be warranted for this less the Bravo Lead is making it appear to have ill intent at a later note like either threat to your persons or potentially calls for a mutiny. This would fall under desertion or insubordination charges would be applied and that would be the IC way to do it. This also would be an OOC break as the squad leaders are required to follow all orders of command granted they are logical however the SL at start wanting to decide to charge despite having FOB duty. The SL that ignored orders would be a Rule 2 break as that breaks the roleplay standard especially the squad leader that is an important role, per the ruling "a Squad Leader would not ignore the orders of command just to do their own thing". Hate to disagree with yah but BE isn't worth it here.

    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    2: After a long and exhaustive fight the marines lost the surface due to a overwhelming force of the xenos and don't want to head back down. As I watch cameras I see that the FOB still can be retaken if all marines head down together quick. After understanding the opportunity, I go ahead and write a announcement and send the marines back. Two marines start to rebel and refuse to head back down beeing scared of the hostiles.

    Retreating and leaving the FOB in the first place was fine. But not going back down and fighting when requested is desertion. If there are other marines down there, they could need the help now and so I would also count this as a betrayel against their brothers leaving them back. If they keep refusing to go down this would justifice a BE as it goes against direct order and can be counted as threat to my command. I would not send marines to their death if there is not a chance of succeeding.
    There is a charge if you do look back in the marine law, Desertion however based on their reaction they just refused to head back would warrant for MP involvement on charges of desertion and insubordination if they fail to comply with that legal order. You don't need to kill off the deserter less they have done ill intent or are indeed a threat to command. The first and utmost option would have been MP route firstly granted if there isn't an MP at that time can elect LT or XO or even yourself press the charges or drop it as other shit going not resort to just BE. How I would have dealt with this situation would have threatened with the charges of desertion and had MPs deploy them or had them brigged. They decide to go rogue then at that point they can be BE worthy as they are now becoming a threat to the crew and your given command. Additionally, Treason is another totally different situation yes it would be a mutual betrayal however there isn't a charge like that to warrant a BE.

    Based on your answers not really certain about your judgment calls as there are many points in the given examples to resort to the MPs. They are there for a good reason and BE isn't the answer to everything. The last answer seemed like an excuse to just BE them charges of desertion indeed would have been rightful charges. I do see you as a competent person what I have been told in the command position is good and in other roles. Just based on how you reacted you went straight for the BE which can be an issue and not the best judgment despite heavily competent I believe you are just not ready yet for CO with that sort of responsibility and power as a CO maybe XO or others. No offense but gonna have to slap a -1

  5. #15
    Senior Member Enyonggg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    381
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fine Commander. +1
    Cha Jin-Wook the Korean-Filipino shitty Captain!
    Cha' choh the Young Halkrath blood hunter of the clan!
    Discord: LRP is life#4360


  6. #16
    Dev Team Frans_Feiffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth, here's my +1.

    Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Blooded Hunter, Yeyin-Teer
    Synthetic model Darwin

    Spoiler Spoiler:

  7. #17
    Whitelisted Captain Fortelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've always been a good XO when I've seen you. And some advice: When you want to do wacky tactics that people actually listen to, try during hijack. I find that people often listen a lot more in hijack because the alternative is die alone to xeno swarm.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

    Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:







  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your support.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    You've always been a good XO when I've seen you. And some advice: When you want to do wacky tactics that people actually listen to, try during hijack. I find that people often listen a lot more in hijack because the alternative is die alone to xeno swarm.
    This is actually the best idea I heard. Seems like fear is the best tool of a commander ^^. Considering the techweb update will strip off comms from every marine, they will probably start listening to orders and stay with SL. You won't even be able to call out Xenos location without that RTO men.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Doctor Compy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recall you here and there being in Command, somewhat SL.

    Nothing noticeable from my memory but others are saying you're competent and such so I can support this.

    Now what Balto brought up here is rather important so if ya take that in, I doubt there will be any issues with you as CO.

    +1 from me
    Ex-Discord Staff, Ex- Moderator Trainer, and Retired Moderator.

    Madeline Czech, proud leader of Machete Gang

    Devouw as xenouw

    Spoiler Spoiler:

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've thought this one over for quite a while and I believe I'm ready to hit you with what I think.

    It's strange to me how you say you want to promote RP as a CO, but quite frankly your story doesn't fill a full page. It feels like you put more effort into the questions than the apps and your BE answers just don't sit right with me. I also haven't really seen you play command since this application was posted, or much at all recently, but perhaps that is just timezones.

    I'll give you some questions and we'll go from there.

    1. How do you plan on involving RP in the CO role when you play the game? Give examples of situations, scenarios, or little things you would do.

    2. A Staff Officer fires an OB on the wrong coords, causing significant FF. What is your course of action?
    2a. A Pilot Officer decides to evacuate before you give the order, leaving marines groundside. They say the dropship was about to be over-run. What is your course of action?

    3. An MT decides to steal Jones and throw them under the landing Alamo, gibbing them. There are no MPs. You have a full CIC. Do you order an arrest? On what charges?

    4. The Delta specialist, who is carrying the SADAR, is arrested for assault with a deadly weapon. A delta engineer decides to C4 the brig to break them out and you happen to stumble upon this taking place while the C4 is being planted. What do you do?

    5. The groundside battle is turning for the worse. Marines are retreating to the FOB. Req is empty. The tank is missing a driver. IOs are dead and DEFCON is inches away from 3. You have 4 SOs. What do you do?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •