Sentinel DON
    Their BYOND Key
    Simple Cities
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    10pm
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server, Enforcement of the rules
    Description of the incident
    So a CLF ERT team spawned in and before they even made contact they were talking about being friendly with marines, helping them and a few even mentioned xenos. While a few of these CLF members were hostile the majority tried to help marines from what I saw. This in my opinion is meta and breaking the rules of being hostile. I ahelped about it and the mod told me they can RP being friendly if they want. I've never seen this before and dont agree with it especially since they talked about it before contact and even mentioned xenos.
    Evidence
    Logs
    How you would punish the accused
    A warning the for mod and players, they used meta info from being observers in order to help the marines win. The staff member facilitated this.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will pull logs for this.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahelp logs:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Remarks from CLFers that led to the ahelp:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you reported:
    Whether CLF can choose to be hostile or friendly.

What I interpreted and responded to:
    Whether CLF can choose to act friendly and then become hostile later.

What you DIDN'T report in the ahelp:
    Any reports of meta at all.

I find it ironic that you stated I broke 'Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server' when what you are suggesting is that I should force an immediate TDM situation rather than let the CLF RP as if they were friendly and instead backstab the marines which would make for a much more interesting scenario.

Anyways, that is my two cents. Seems silly an ex-staff member would find a report like this acceptable in any form as it is almost equivalent to:

Person A reports Person B for having an certain name.

Staff member decides the name is fine.

Person A reports staff member for not dealing with Person B having IE'd earlier in the round even though it was not mentioned in the ahelp.
    Last edited by Cherry; 11-18-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mistake that I wasn't thorough enough in my ahelp. However, if you had bothered to look into it instead of sending me an auto response it would have been clear what was going on.. Also i talked to Nanu about this issue and he had the following to say: NanuYesterday at 11:42 AM
    yeah, CLF dont know there are Xenos on board the Almayer unless otherwise explicitly stated, all they know is that a distress was sent and they are going there to take it over/loot

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also just a quick note to that, do you know what this resolved in?

A few of the CLF tried to act friendly and they were immediately gunned down, as I suspected would happen. Because you as a mod dont get to give them a free pass for being friendly they are hostile thats it.

Frankly I dont think you should be punished, although maybe you should adjust your attitude and think twice before sending an auto response. However, the TL was being Meta and breaking the rules thats pretty clear.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many moons ago, I did make a ruling that UPP/Hostile ERTs could try to roleplay a cease fire "enemy of my enemy is my friend" type of thing. However, in this situation the ERT leader doesn't mention anything about xenos. They know they are heading to a "USCM Distress Signal" I don't see any evidence of metagaming from the logs pulled.

I'm asking forest/nanu now about ERT and if we're gonna come up with a new ruling, but Simplicites didn't do anything wrong here.

Thread will be updated with forest/nanu decision in due time.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After discussing it with Forest

Hostile ERTs can attempt to try the cease fire route, but if they get killed by marines, it's "Oh well."
    In the logs it's never said "Let's help marines kill xenos" so it's not metagaming.

However if a Hostile ERT attempts to ceasefire and gets killed they can't ahelp and cry foul.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids