Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warfan1815 - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    Warfan1815

Player Name You Use Most?
    Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    IN Chronological order:

//showthrea...or-Application (DENIED MODERATOR APPLICATION)

//showthrea...ation(ACCEPTED MODERATOR APPLICATION)

//showthrea...er-Application (DENIED COMMANDING OFFICER APPLICATION)

Have you received any bans in the last month?
    No

What is your timezone in UTC?
    0+

What is your discord username and handle?
    WarFan#8828

Basic Questions & StoryWhat do you think is the job of a Commander?
    As splendid as anything that involves commanding 100 incessant people across a battlefield. And then finding solace in the 30 shipside & auxiliary people actually doing their job (subject to availability.)

The Commanding Officer role is the head of the herd, I suppose you could say. Having in most part a large communication with the Central Intelligence Command department then anywhere else.

& also I suppose giving a steady response to any problems that may happen in the event the operation needs them fixed to be more efficient.

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    Because i'm awfully tired of being an Executive Officer in operations, I hope you understand, and want something new.

Also I daren't look any Commanding Officer in the face if I don't become a Commanding Officer after the tirade I sent & received in the last 'incident' Commanding Officer apply.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I'm good at the game, I'm good at commanding, I do try my very best to give something different a 'tweak' to the operation, so for the standard grunt that's something.

And I can contribute something seldom above all, A promise I won't OB delta (though I may through incident)

How will your Commanding Officer behave? Describe their character.
    Warris 'Haig' Fernsby is essentially a very British military officer who acts of the Edwardian period (19th-Early 20th century Britain) in his premiership as an officer, as he is very much modelled off such British Generals as Sir Douglas Haig (or much rather, the stereotypical depiction) during WW1 caring for the glory and victory of war, regardless of human casualties of anyone but for the people he is friends with.

He also owns in partnership with a friend an ordnance company called "Fernsby & Mountbatten Ordnance." And there-after, has a somewhat large focus on what the explosives of the battlefield have done. Yet again, regardless of human casualties. But that is not to mean he doesn't care about injury or death the common marine faces. He just has a very detracted stance of 'apathy' and "walk it off"-ness to his response when brought up.

Name and briefly describe your Commanding Officer's own ship.
    His Ship, named the HMS Hastings, is a very large, antiquated, storage container ship that has been heavily modified to become a broadside-firing (with 40 16-inch guns) behemoth of a ship that has about 2 companies of active combat personnel and massive holds of explosive ordnance in some areas where the storage container ship hasn't been modified.

Due to the wealth of the commanding officer, he has been able to give the ship massive amounts of capitol to requisition such, but did run out of funds for improvement 30 years ago as maintenance and upkeep began to become such a large issue.

The only glaring issue of the ship is it's armour & modernity, mainly being only half a metre thick in some areas. But the largeness of the ship has most of the time shielded rounds hit from affecting critical areas before the ship can move to broadside and do large amounts of damage to any assaulting craft. It is however thought that in a fight with a carrier-ship. The HMS Hastings would be incredibly outmatched as the ship has very few small-AA guns as it prefers to move with ships that can handle such a threat easier.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    ExperienceHow experienced are you with the position of a Squad Leader (SL)?
    I have had numerous occasions where I have played it, and I would say I play it incredibly well (due in part to my large experience with command, but also due to my smaller [But no doubt small] experience with the role)

How experienced are you with the position of a Staff Officer (SO)?
    I remember playing it incredibly regularly before I decided to play XO as a main, you could say superseded, but I feel confident whenever the call for command beckons, and XO is occupied, I take the role lovely.

How experienced are you with the position of a Department Head?
    Before my foray into main CIC, and before the upstart of my British character I played the role of Requisitions Officer rigorously, and rather recently (for nostalgia sake) I do sometimes take it up and i'm still as good at it as the day I left it.

CE & CMP are much the same, offshoots from my skipping between department & department learning the trade in earnest & then playing the department head of said department.

The only one I dare never touch is CMO. Long after SS13 has faded from everyone's memory, and all (if any) successions fail. I think I shall still be able to say I have never played CMO. the main medical role is so boring and I haven't even scratched CMO. (Though I could fairly say I could knock out a day one of these days and learn the trade, but I just don't care)

How experienced are you with the position of the Executive Officer (XO)?
    To say I have played this to death would be an understatement, I've married it to death, buried it, had a nice funeral, and then the role came back to entice me into marrying it once again. And I accepted.

Seriously, I think it's at a point I could do better then all of the 'unrecognisable' Commanding Officers (you're not one of course, dear reader) that I have seen from time to time, and their derailment of the whole operation.

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)?
    I played MP for a lovely amount of time, read it some times there. I played CMP for a lovely amount of time, mastered it there. I then became Moderator, and I married it there.

ScenariosWhen do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used? List some examples of scenarios in which a battlefield execution would be correctly used.
    I believe they should be used, defined plainly:

"When there is an immediate threat to life, persons, the operation or ship, which cannot be immediately resolved by use of non-lethal force"

I don't really have any expanded reasoning for Battlefield Executions other then the SOP.

Example 1: The Staff Officer for Delta begins to insult me & calls me incompetent, The Delta SL asks if they should do anything to depose me. He somewhat suggests a mutiny, and begins to make a plan in a round about way. I notice this, there are no MPs on. I battlefield execute him.

Example 2: A stowaway uses a side door to enter CIC, the XO is the only person in CIC (as I am preoccupied.) The XO is shot with a sleeping pistol & then he begins to plant a C4 on the wall between the Staff Officer consoles. I enter the room, notice him doing this, and execute him.

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner? What are some examples of crimes you would pardon, and those you would not?
    To be defined plainly:

'An over-reactive or damaging to operation arrest & seizure of integral personnel which are Minor or Major crime breaks.'

Example 1: The Delta SG insults an MP officer in briefing, the MP tells him to stop insulting him. But he continues and is arrested, the Delta SG (from experience) is an incredibly good SG and it would be very detrimental for the refusal to attend the opening hours of the operation. I pardon him.

Example 2: The Charlie SL is arrested at the FOB for some crimes committed before the drop, these crimes were very justified. Charlie immediately begins to protest & sound very angry over squad communications I receive a word from the Bravo SL that some of Charlie is gathering to mutiny at the FOB. In spite of their ill-reasoning this will affect the front's effectiveness even if denied. I pardon the Charlie SL.

Example 3: A marine gets into a fist fight with a Military Police officer, in which the Military Police officer is killed. He is charged with manslaughter, and he requests to be pardoned because he's 'really good' and can 'help the operation' if he happens to get the ability to come to ground. Some of the marines support the idea but seem to not really care, He is not pardoned.

What is your routine after starting the round as either a Staff Officer or Executive Officer? Assume you joined round-start and are inside your quarters.
    Starting as XO, go to the bubble, give RO the supply points from Defcon, Set Dropship pad, greet the command staff, check for any outstanding starting issues, And issue a round start announcement with briefing time in it.

How would you handle insubordinate departments? State what you would do for each department if they were insubordinate.
    I suppose there are 3 phases we should consider,

1) Evaluate: are all of them insubordinate? Is it important? And can't their department be replaced? If the checklist is all true, continue.

2) Negotiate: offer monetary, honorific & other peaceful means of pacifying the more sympathetic people in the department first, if they cannot waver & they all stand fast against taking orders, continue.

3) Force: Arrest anyone causing substantial trouble to making the department cooperative under the pretence of insubordination, and threaten the more peaceful people in the department with this if they still don't catch the message.

How would you handle an understaffed CIC? What if you and the XO are the only available CIC crew?
    I have handled this on numerous occasions with a lot of efficiency, and it's just to go through the motions, if you can get a CE or someone to help you with receiving information then that'll be splendid, but sometimes there is no CE. And the show must go on

What would you do if you were deployed and a marine told you they were going to desert the operation?
    I would encourage them to stay and help the operation, if they still persist I would offer them the ability to become apart of my guard and "go on the splendid hunt," should put to rest their interests to desert (whatever that is) and if they continue to say so, I give them one final stern warning & order, and then I'll decide to battlefield execute them for being a threat to my command (after all, desertion is in most aspects refusal to follow orders)

ConfirmationsDo you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    havent seen you play in a while.

never seen you play SL except once.

Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play Command back again before applying, we can’t know if you have changed or improved if you don’t or if the issues that got you denied last time are still persistent. -1
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LynuahSororitas View Post
    Play Command back again before applying, we can’t know if you have changed or improved if you don’t or if the issues that got you denied last time are still persistent. -1
    I have, quite considerably... But alright, if you've missed me.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many hours have you logged in Command since your last app?

And how has your attitude changed?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Basedoperator View Post
    How many hours have you logged in Command since your last app?

And how has your attitude changed?
    around 20 hours, rather unfortunately doing my Moderator job has taken up a large chunk of my time so my playtime has suffered, but there is still no irrevocable question I am incredibly experienced when it comes to XO, and the time I have played has seen the same maining of the XO role.

and how has my attitude changed? Well, my attitude is fine. And hasn't really changed, though if you say my general mood from the day of my first app to this app now this day has been much better, hopefully you can agree. My attitude to applications have remained, quality ostensibly. I have rewritten my entire application instead of re-hashing the same old troth of inaccuracies and stupidity. Better learn from my mistakes aye?

How has the attitude of the Commanding Officer Council changed? Well, the person who I insulted quite rigorously has just been made (lovely democratic principles) apart of the Council, so if anything this might go worse then previous in the worst case scenario. Though I hope not, and I don't find any bitterness against you now.
    Last edited by Warfan1815; 11-18-2020 at 10:21 PM.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously you haven't learned from your primary mistake then, the attitude, which you claim is fine. You can believe that, but to the council it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan1815 View Post
    Because i'm awfully tired of being an Executive Officer in operations, I hope you understand, and want something new.

Also I daren't look any Commanding Officer in the face if I don't become a Commanding Officer after the tirade I sent & received in the last 'incident' Commanding Officer apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfan1815 View Post
    How has the attitude of the Commanding Officer Council changed? Well, the person who I insulted quite rigorously has just been made (lovely democratic principles) apart of the Council, so if anything this might go worse then previous in the worst case scenario.
    I have no clue why you would make comments like this for a whitelist.

Your application and response seep the same bitter passive-aggressive you were denied for the first time around, not to mention I've asked around, and people in your timezone haven't even seen you maybe more than once. I'd be open to giving you a shot if you at the very least conceded how you handled the last application was poor and said even the most superficial sentence about change and improvement. However, this adamant front that you were completely justified in starting a flame war (you even admit to insulting me) and claiming that this is acceptable is absolutely baffling to me, and why you would continue to chucks comments like that in your SECOND app simply is not the way to go. I'll consider your next application as long as you don't try to burn it down like your previous two.

EDIT: I missed your ninjaedit from your response but my point still stands.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna have to agree with the other points here, but you still have a shot next time, learn from your mistakes here and you'll succeed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Basedoperator View Post
    Obviously you haven't learned from your primary mistake then, the attitude, which you claim is fine. You can believe that, but to the council it's not.

I have no clue why you would make comments like this for a whitelist.

Your application and response seep the same bitter passive-aggressive you were denied for the first time around, not to mention I've asked around, and people in your timezone haven't even seen you maybe more than once. I'd be open to giving you a shot if you at the very least conceded how you handled the last application was poor and said even the most superficial sentence about change and improvement. However, this adamant front that you were completely justified in starting a flame war (you even admit to insulting me) and claiming that this is acceptable is absolutely baffling to me, and why you would continue to chucks comments like that in your SECOND app simply is not the way to go. I'll consider your next application as long as you don't try to burn it down like your previous two.

EDIT: I missed your ninjaedit from your response but my point still stands.

Where the heavens did I say it was justified? I hate making flame wars. And i'm just making a comment, I didn't mean to insult you. I'm just saying please don't take into account my insults with this whole development thing, I have developed, I am not passive-aggressive. AND yes I do admit to insulting you in original app, if anything you can take away from this second app is that I have learnt & understood that what I did was improper. But to each their own I suppose, if you wish to -1 I am not going to try to dissuade you. Afterall, trying to do that would be near impossible.
    Last edited by Warfan1815; 11-18-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1 Not ready yet, adjust that attitude and give it some more time. Also play XO a lot and do good otherwise you wont get it.