User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warfan1815 - Commanding Officer Application

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I won't be supporting your application at this time.

I've never seen you play SL and only vaguely recall you in CIC.

Also, being staff wont excuse you from having little to no playtime in the require roles for the WL. I and plenty of others were able to log in more than enough hours as moderator, fulfill the required amount of ahelps and more, and play plenty of SO/SL/CO/XO while doing so. And I 100% understand playing important roles and moderating at the same time can become stressful, it's what the deadmin button is there for.

And your passive-aggressive attitude which seems to come up quite frequently, when you made your first moderator app, your discord notes and some in-game notes mention passive-aggressive behavior for months now. Now with the previous CO app and this current one also having this attitude it brings up a major red flag for me and I'm sure others. I've tried to look past it in all of your apps you've made but I sadly can't anymore, you're going to have to REALLY works towards this behavior to convince myself, and I'm more than certain others as well, to show that it wont be an issue with the WL.

- Doctor Compy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Compy View Post
    Hello, I won't be supporting your application at this time.

I've never seen you play SL and only vaguely recall you in CIC.

Also, being staff wont excuse you from having little to no playtime in the require roles for the WL. I and plenty of others were able to log in more than enough hours as moderator, fulfill the required amount of ahelps and more, and play plenty of SO/SL/CO/XO while doing so. And I 100% understand playing important roles and moderating at the same time can become stressful, it's what the deadmin button is there for.

And your passive-aggressive attitude which seems to come up quite frequently, when you made your first moderator app, your discord notes and some in-game notes mention passive-aggressive behavior for months now. Now with the previous CO app and this current one also having this attitude it brings up a major red flag for me and I'm sure others. I've tried to look past it in all of your apps you've made but I sadly can't anymore, you're going to have to REALLY works towards this behavior to convince myself, and I'm more than certain others as well, to show that it wont be an issue with the WL.

- Doctor Compy
    I don't see where I have been bitter, please give me examples. The only thing i've seen so far this application is the remark on the CO council (which I edited), I have played XO substantially. I have tried everything under the son, and yet this... Please ask me questions, anything relating to XO. I can answer them, I have had many a march & enjoyment with the role, and yet because people fail to see with their own eyes my playing I have been branded inexperienced, and lacking. Test my experience then, ask me questions. Surely that's what an application should be about? But no, because i'm in some way passive-aggressive that constitutes the be all and end all, But it shouldn't be. Should it? This isn't an application for a psychologist? Is it? No, it's a Commanding Officer, and I'm sorry if i'm getting a bit angry here, but I just hate that.

Please judge me on the present, on what you know at the current.

I have enjoyed the role of XO, and this is getting to the point of depressing for me. King Knut trying to stop the tide coming in.
    Last edited by Warfan1815; 11-18-2020 at 11:42 PM.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll get it eventually man. But for now -1
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't share the "popular opinion" in this matter it seems. And although this probably won't change things, I'm gonna give you a +1. I personally have never had any problems with you, and whenever you're XOing for me, I know you'll give me a good laugh. You're facing a lot of opposition, I don't expect you to not be upset.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna be a -1 from me this time. Don't have much else to add that hasn't already been said by others like B*sed Operator. I'd hold off on reapplying though until you figure out a way to manage playing Command often enough and moderating as well. There's plenty of people who've found a good balance between the two, feel free to ask around if you need to.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfan1815 View Post
    snip.
    There is a difference between answering a question and showing how you play. Questions give you time to think, are to the point, and are judged by those who ask them and sometimes those who view them. Now playing is a whole other story, you have to make those decisions in a matter of seconds, vague and filled with a variety of gray areas and variables, and as CO, affect the entire flow of the round no matter how small it may seem in your eyes. I could ask you questions and I'm sure you could answer them like any other person, but how would you react in-game? That is why we ask you to play the role and stand out amongst a crowd. Learn to take on that heat and praise and show that you deserve to be called a CO.

Sure be as upset as ya want for all I can. Don't take it out on others and instead of replying right away, take the time to collect yourself and respond with a neutral tone in your words and show that no matter what people say, you wont lose your cool.

I judge on the past, present, and predictable future. Telling people to ignore the past is a gateway to repeated failure. Judging on only the present is going in half blind, as the present is easily misinterpreted, and doesn't at all give you the whole picture. If you look at me within the past 30 days, which we can call the present for the sake of application time, it doesn't at all go into detail on my behavior, my understanding of roles, or my overall playtime. All you would know and see is I play a lot of SL and Spec for Alpha squad and don't take part in many heated discussions. But what about when I played a lot of CO? Decided to go head first into pointless debates? That is when you truly get to understand a person and how they'll treat a role.

You say you're getting tired of XO and the role? CO is no different! Only difference between the two is one has a gun the other doesn't. If you can't stand playing XO anymore, why would you want CO?

I bet this is a wall of text but I do ask you take the time to thoroughly read it and understand the criticism people are giving you. It's not the answered questions or the praise you get which make you better, it'd taking that feedback no matter how tough it may be and making things better for yourself and others. I've taken the time to type this up, and will continue to help you in anyway I can, as I do wish for you and everyone else to at least have a good, solid, chance at things they attempt whether it be a WL or staff app.

Any questions please ask anyone who was criticized you myself included and we'll help you make improvements. If they don't give any advice to help you make those improvements, just ignore them and bring it up in a neutral tone and someone else will help you if it truly is a problem.

- Doctor Compy

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Example 3: A marine gets into a fistfight with a Military Police officer, in which the Military Police officer is killed. He is charged with manslaughter, and he requests to be pardoned because he's 'really good' and can 'help the operation' if he happens to get the ability to come to ground. Some of the marines support the idea but seem to not really care, He is not pardoned.
    I'm a bit unsure how a fistfight can get the MP killed considering they have one of the best melee resistance armor in the game.
    "When there is an immediate threat to life, persons, the operation or ship, which cannot be immediately resolved by use of non-lethal force"
    seems a bit generic for an answer but aight.
    the BE itself can be used as sparingly or as non-sparingly as you want, the thing that matter is could you have done anything else instead of killing the person.
    I have handled this on numerous occasions with a lot of efficiency, and it's just to go through the motions, if you can get a CE or someone to help you with receiving information then that'll be splendid, but sometimes there is no CE. And the show must go on
    You won't really need the CE, handling the CIC alone isn't that hard, just get a highlighted keyword or two.
    1) Evaluate: are all of them insubordinate? Is it important? And can't their department be replaced? If the checklist is all true, continue.

2) Negotiate: offer monetary, honorific & other peaceful means of pacifying the more sympathetic people in the department first, if they cannot waver & they all stand fast against taking orders, continue.

3) Force: Arrest anyone causing substantial trouble to making the department cooperative under the pretence of insubordination, and threaten the more peaceful people in the department with this if they still don't catch the message.
    No complaint here but it doesn't say for each individual department.
    Ehhh I don't see your attitude as a problem. I know you and have seen you play before, albeit not as much as I'd hope to, you did alright as XO, not much to comment on that. But just so you know the last time I have seen a British person in CIC a guy claiming to be from the IRA came up and bombed me, although that was somewhat acceptable as he was actually an agent.

Experience
    Fernsby have an alright experience playing as head of staff and have learned better from the last time they played
    Knowledge
    Due to the lack of anyone questioning them I can't really tell how much he actually know, and since there was not enough scenario that occurred with him. I cannot tell either.
    Conclusion
    He'll be alright just give him a few month.

Now question time:
    An MP is arresting a nurse for refusing to operate the auto doc: what do you do?

A group of marines used collaborative effort to break the brig window with protein bars, What do you?

There is no requisition but the CIC is fully staffed, What do you do?

The requisition officer disassembled the chair without CE permission and is being arrested, What do you do?

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't seen you play command in a long while, and the last time you actively played my experience with you was decisively negative. No need to echo the complaints others have said.

Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what have I learnt today? Well I'm done being fucking polite. Based operator, go fuck yourself, you offer nothing to civil discourse, and you don't give a shit whether people change and always are a negative bloke. You wear the banner of The Commanding Officer Whitelist stereotype of arrogance & pomp and are the reason people hate the no-name CO. I have never even seen you command ONE operation. But I suppose you have explanations, just as people do. Or I do, fucking gatekeeper, you are everything I despise. How's that for passive aggressive?

For everyone else, thank you for your criticism. Especially Doctor Compy, a true embodiment of what constructive criticism should strive to be. Right, -1s same time next month? Splendid.
    @Dubszor application withdrawn
    Last edited by Warfan1815; 11-19-2020 at 04:19 PM.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resolved - Withdrawn.

You may reapply within 30 days.