Byond ID?
    Lolziam

CM Character?
    Frank 'Ocelot' Stumpling

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT+2

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    14-20

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Ever since I joined the RP scene (dating back to GMOD in the summer of 2015) I have been staffing communities on several servers from various games. I have experience as an administrator from GMOD communities as well as SS13 (Hestia)

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Besides CM-SS13 I do play on Aurorastation and Vesta (the reboot of Hestia) as well as being an admin on EscapePod5's discord. The server is still in the works (following Hestia's closing)so I did not moderate in-game so far.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Right now I am only a discord moderator on EscapePodNumber5, a follow-up server that is in the works following Bastion of Hestia's demise.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes, I focus on communication at all times either to help or be helped with any situations I come across.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    First of all I would have to find out the reason of why he had shot that person.

Was it a misfire as his safety was off? Was it intentional? He had the intention to fire but accidentally had shot someone?

If it was indeed a misfire or the player just wanted to shoot their gun for no reason but accidentally shot someone, the situation would be resolved in-character and dealt with by the MP's according to the marine law standards.

If he had shot someone with no escalation/valid roleplay reasons, they would be questioned regarding their behaviour and based on their attitude after being briefed regarding escalation, they would be dealt with. A note, kick or a ban would be issued, based on their past notes/behaviour and understanding towards the situation they had caused.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    A honor code violation could either mean the player disregarded the code during the heat of the fight where I would inform the reporting played that they should post up a forum report regarding the reported players' Yautja behaviour.

Or, in a more unfortunate case, the Yautja player would have just killed the player disgregarding the code entirely and just looking for kills, where, without any roleplay, the played would be dealt with accordingly.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would investigate the situation and find out more about the player.

Should the player be new, they would be directed to the CM-SS13 wiki guides and help them with any questions they would have. After making sure they have grasped the basics of the CM-SS13 mechanics, I'd make sure they do have the wiki on hand for any further guidance they'd need.

If the player is not new, I would investigate for any roleplay reason for their behaviour and leave the situation to be dealt with by the MP's or other staff on the Almayer.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    If the player does present such an attitude, they could be in a situation where they wouldn't want to talk with me and possibly, he would be willing to cooperate with an admin+.

If no admin+ is available or if the player is clearly not willing to cooperate, they would be kicked and informed to post up a forum report describing their situation.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Given the situation, the reported player would be contacted regarding their character name and informed of the situation.

The player, especially if new, will be guided to change their character name in future rounds.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    The player will be observed and decide if there is any reason to act upon the situation.

If the MT only carries the gear due to him being asked to move it someplace else or any roleplay reasons, there should be no need for any interaction between a moderator and the MT.

If the player decides to, for no reason, board the Almayer and go planet-side, disregarding their actual role, they should be contacted and informed of their misbehaviour as well as guided towards correcting it. Further action will be taken based on their reaction.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    A moderator should investigate the situation accordingly.

As survivors are no longer allowed to be hostile towards other marines, the player should be investigated for any notes/past occurrences. If the player is rather new, they should be guided towards the CM-SS13 Wiki and informed that the survivors should not be hostile to the marines from the beginning. Unless after being evacuated there is any roleplay reason to do so.

Should the player be rule-breaking on purpose, disregarding the rules, they are to be punished accordingly, either through a note, kick or ban, depending on how much chaos they caused.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    The moderator should get in contact with both parties and find as much as possible regarding the situation.

There could be more to the player's story than the ahelp.

After finding out more regarding the situation and if the player indeed was permabrigged due to not only stealing but other things, the moderator should briefly inform the player that their ahelp did not provide the full extend of the situation and they could be punished harshly for lying to an admin.

If the player was indeed permabrigged for only picking up an attachment, there could be two possible ways to deal with this situation.

1- The player is informed to appeal their arrest by contacting Command staff, preferably the CMP and inform them that an MP applied the wrong punishment.

2- Contact the MP regarding the situation and guide them towards the Marine Law on the CM-SS13 Wiki and make sure to be aware of it entirely before playing any more MP rounds.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Actions should be taken based on the round's context.

If the round is one hour in, both parties could be preparing to end it, especially the marines who, whenever they regroup and re-arm, they can redeploy with more power than any alien can anticipate.

If the round is 3 hours or even 4 hours in, it surely could use a bit of a kick. Personally, I would contact the other admins or an admin+ and ask for their opinion on what should be done.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    The player should be contacted instantly and questioned regarding the situation.

There could be a lack of communication, this could have been the player's first time as a medical role and they have not yet grasped the mechanics of it.

Other medics/players/patients should be questioned regarding that player's behaviour if he could communicate or not. The player in question could also be deaf, following an explosion within the game.

After assessing the situation and finding out more about it, there should be two cases:

1- The player is indeed new to the role/has a language barrier/in-game reason for why they're doing this and they should be messaged and guided towards how they should act in certain situations such as these.

2- The player is indeed griefing, doing so on purpose for absolutely no reason, therefore they should be punished accordingly with a note/kick/ban based on the amount of griefing they cause.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Given that the CLF are hostile to the marines, EORG rules are not applied. The reporting players should be notified of this.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    First of all, a quick assessment of the situation should be done.

If there are absolutely no roleplay reasons, which most likely are not since it's round-start, the player should be frozen and questioned regarding their behaviour.

If they're new, they should be guided accordingly, pointed towards the online wiki guides and have any questions answered as long as they have them.

If the player is doing it on purpose, either as a jest or for the purpose of griefing, they should be punished accordingly with either a note kick or ban, based on the amount of damage they caused or their attitude towards the situation.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    The reported player, if presenting no further damage than a punch, should be informed regarding escalation rules.

The player should receive a note after the situation and the reporting player revived.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    If the mutiny is improper and just a blatant excuse to go murdering command, I'd do the following:

-Using admin announcements, I'd inform all of the players to stop any and all mutinies on board if they're improper and rulebreaking.

If any players persist, they should be messaged and informed that any further actions will be punished due to their disregard regarding mutiny rules.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    A moderator should always investigate such situations by investigating the logs after being contacted through an ahelp by a player.

Any explicit racist words such as the notorious big N are harshly punished.

Any Mei May situations where the players are just taking the shit non-stop with overused expressions or jokes, should be stopped by making a simple announcement and informing them regarding it.

If it's something very light and not intended at all to be harmful, I'd inform the player to ignore the situation entirely.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    The said player should be banned by an admin and have them informed of their ban either through discord or the forum, where they should appeal it.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Just like previous questions, the player could either be brand new to the role or simply an SS13 newbie or someone who just blatantly disregarded the rules.

The first case should be easy to deal with. The player will be informed and guided towards the Wiki as well as informed of how exactly the xeno role should be played.

The latter however should be punished accordingly with a note and informed that they should just never kill themselves as a larva because that is a serious griefing offence due to the xenos losing manpower with any dead larva.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    The player will be contacted and questioned regarding his attitude.

He will be reminded the Roleplay standards that are enforced on xenos, even if they're lighter.

After making sure the player understands this, he should be sent on his way. On the contrary, they should be kicked.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    The reported player will be contacted and informed regarding xeno speech and behaviour, as well as guided towards the Xeno handbook on the CM-SS13 Wiki.

The reporting player will be contacted and informed that the situation is being dealt with.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    The reporting player would be contacted and informed that the situation is being dealt with.

The reported player would be informed regarding the current rules and events where the USMC does not actually have knowledge regarding the alien presence on the colony.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    All parties should be messaged and questioned regarding the situation.

After assessing the situation and finding as much information as possible, the incident could either be ruled as a roleplay situation with proper escalation that broke no rules or, in the most unfortunate case:

The reported player should be informed that they can not escalate to murder without much roleplay reasons behind him, even if it's for the escape pod.

Afterwards, the player should be noted.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would personally ignore the incident, especially DCHAT but not LOOC as it could impair the experience of other players.

If they persist on LOOC they should be contacted and informed that they should stop. If they do not agree, they should be muted from LOOC.

I understand that these situations do happen, that is why I choose to ignore them and not add up to the player's frustration unless they negatively impact the experience of others.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    The player should be informed that whenever they know that they will be SSD, they should move to a safe location and if not possible, there is nothing else that can be done as the rules do not make admins remove larva from players infected while SSD.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would make use of MOOC ask regarding the situation, inform them of their mistake, or if new, offer them assistance with the situation they're delaing with.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would contact an Admin+ and inform them of the incident and of the both parties opinions. From there I would try to find out more about the incident and how it's being dealt with to avoid such situations myself.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    After being part of CM-SS13 for over a year, I got engaged with the community to such a level that I do wish to make a contribution to it as a moderator.

The community is welcoming, I always felt that I had much to learn from others and I also helped where I could. Either through roleplay or out of character, there is always something that keeps me involved with others from the CM-SS13 community.

Believing I have enough experience now, I wish to become a moderator and get engaged entirely, especially with the extra free time I have due to Online College.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Patience. A moderator should always be patient, observant in any situation and absolutely unbiased.

Nobody is perfect, even I don't believe I will be a perfect moderator but with patience, I know I can provide enough quality to the staff team by focusing on all tasks I am presented with and finding new ways to resole a problem.

Anything else you
    I am always willing to talk and help others from the community.

Be it if someone wants to ask questions or my opinion regarding the game or other matters, or if someone simply wishes for someone to chat with!

There is nothing more special for me than knowing I made someone smile, no matter how large!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Answers,
    Few minor issues regarding permissions and abilities (specifically around kicking), but definitely not enough to make this app a negative.
    Should easily be fixed through Trial.

Happy to +1.

Senior Admin & Training Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll mirror what frozen said; I don't see any issues with this application that can't be ironed out during the trial-mod period, and the answers were good.

+1
    SURVIVOR GANG COUNCIL MEMBER

Survivor Gang In Action:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! I am looking forward to proving you right!
    Frank 'Ocelot' Stumpling

XENO: FR- -K

The man everyone can rely on, but can't rely on himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea no major comments on my part either. None of your issues lead me to believe you wouldn't be a good fit in terms of mentality, so you get a +1 from me as well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted, check your DM's shortly.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer