Discord ID
    Neko-Sam#2243

Marine Name
    Rozu "Nasu" Ishina

Character InformationName of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Va'stba Ek-Thok

Name and history of your Yautja’s clan:
    Clan Ek-Thok

I strongly recommend reading the clan's history first, to get a better idea on its structure since the character lore takes alot from its clan

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Yautja Character Story
    As said above, I strongly recommend reading the clan lore first

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

“Your position is off-balance again Nu-Ze!”

Shouted An’Tbo, Visibly annoyed at the un-blooded refusal to listen to his instructor. His mandibles, clicking with annoyance, continued:

“While your strength is commendable, if you step too far with your spear, you won’t be able to re-position yourself quickly enough from an enemy counter-attack should you miss.”

Elder An’Tbo,Overseer of the Sages,was responsible today for teaching the un-blooded the ways of war at the mothership’s training grounds. It wasn’t the first time he encountered issues with this young pupil about a subject like this. Nu-Ze was known amongst the sages for his refusal to adapt and change his ways, even if it was for his own good. Believing he was better than most Ek-Thok clan members, he would often get in fights with the other un-blooded males. Such individuals were rare amongst the temperate Ek-Thok but yautja nature is too strong for some, especially in the young males.

Nu-Ze, standing at an impressive 7’11 ft, slowly turned around to his instructor and began declaring, his training spear in his right hand:

“With due respect, Elder An’Tbo, I believe you are looking too deep into my combat stance. My stance is fine, it would crush my prey in a mere instant.”

“Perhaps you would crush them, but any worthy prey would spot that blind spot and use it against you, you refuse to better yourself because of some misplaced sense of pride.”

“Ju’dha-Sain’ja watches over me, I do not fea-”

“You are a fool for thinking our deity will save you from your own stupidity! Do not taint our patron with such thoughts.” Said the old one, cutting words from the mouth of the arrogant younger one.
    The argument went on for a bit more, now attracting the attention of the other un-blooded training. Some stopped sparring, some dropped their training equipment. Until eventually, there was no more training and all eye’s were fixed on the teacher versus student argument. All except one pair. -----

ConfirmationsHave you read the honor code and do you understand that if you breach the honor code you may be subject to disciplinary action and have your whitelist revoked for a set amount of time?
    Yes

Do you understand that any behavior that is unbecoming of a member of the community may result in you having your whitelist revoked? Such things include, but are not limited to: Racism, toxicity, excessive or malicious trolling, abuse of staff or etc.
    Yes

Do you understand that you may face having your whitelist revoked, or other disciplinary action undertaken, should you be banned or warned on the CM discord?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that community members may report your in-game actions on the forums, and that you may be asked to defend your actions.
    Yes

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna give you some breadator questions before offering my vote.

1. It's Solaris pred round, and another pred was killed. You scan for yautja gear, and see that some is in the FOB. You're right outside the FOB and you see a marine holding a combi stick, inside the FOB. What do you do?

2. A lurker pounces you and gets stunned by your bodyslam (preds can do that, it's automatic), what do you do?

If you want more context you can PM me on discord, or just ask on here. My discord is Fortelian#3308
    READ. THE HONOR. CODE. FOR. THESE. QUESTIONS.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there!

Thanks for taking the time to read my application, means alot for me.

As to answer your questions:

Question 1: It's Solaris pred round, and another pred was killed. You scan for yautja gear, and see that some is in the FOB. You're right outside the FOB and you see a marine holding a combi stick, inside the FOB. What do you do?

1. Killed is a bit vague, as I do not know either he was killed in an honor duel, the stick was lost due to XYZ, or the predator was dishonored. Instead I will just answer all situations I can think of why a combistick would be in the marine's hand and explain my different course's of actions.

1.A) The predator was killed in an honor duel

If one of my fellow hunters was felled in an honor duel, the code of honor says the victorious human is allowed one trophy from the ship. If a combi-stick is a valid trophy from the ship(I do not know since i havent played predator), the marine clearly deserves to hold onto their earned trophy and I would leave it at that.

1.B) The predator was dishonored

If the combi-stick is NOT a trophy from the ship, and thus was stolen, I would have to retrieve their gear. Gear retrieval is forbidden in the FoB and so I would have to patiently wait for the marine to either leave FoB, or go back on the almayer to perform my duty. So long as they have the gear I am able to hunt them as a worthy prey regardless.

If they go on the almayer, I am REQUIRED to go aboard and take the gear. I would sneak inside and kill the marine via worthy means while minimising the damage done. Im not there to assault the almayer, only retrieve my race gear. Then take the stolen combi-stick and beam back to my ship.

If they leave the FoB, it is OPTIONAL for me to retrieve the gear but Va'stba would still recover the gear. I'd hunt the defiler via worthy means and take the combi-stick back. Then toss the body back in FoB.

As for the yautja body, if it was still intact, I would go move it to a safe location and SD it. Away from potential hive and FoB. Whether I do the body retrieval or gear retrieval first would depend on the context of the situation (If the body is in an alien infested zone and not near any hive, the body can wait seeing as how the odds of a random marine stumbling into it is VERY low)

1.C) The marine is a thrall, who's master died.

I would patiently wait for it to either leave FoB back into solaris, or wait for it to get on the almayer.

If they go back to the almayer, I would beam to their ship and sneak inside, upon seeing the Thrall I would request it hand over the stick. If the thrall personally impressed Va'Stba, she would considering abucting this promising one as her own thrall. Regardless of the outcome, after that, I would beam outside the ship. Either alone or with my new thrall.

If they go outside the FoB, I would wait for them to be a bit further away before un-cloaking myself and then talk to them. As said before, I would either request the stick be given back, or abduct the thrall as my own. If they give the stick back, I wouldn't send their back on the almayer (they are right near the FoB, it'll just be annoying for the player to have to wait for a while to get back into the action). If they become my thrall, I would carry on with them.

Question 2: A lurker pounces you and gets stunned by your bodyslam (preds can do that, it's automatic), what do you do?

2. The code of honor is clear about that, Runner/Lurker who attempts to pounce on preds are deemed worthy and thus I would be allowed to hit them while recovering.

From my characters stance, being pounced at once from a random Runner/Lurker wouldn't get her bloodthirsty to the point where I'd hunt the xeno relentlessly across the hunting ground. I'd most likely hit it once or twice with my fists or something, then do *laugh and tell it to learn from this lesson not to ever do this again. If the xeno retreats, or starts cursing at me but being non-threatening Va'Stba would spare its life.

If the Runner/Lurker yet tries again to pounce on me, despite my punch, and laughing warning, I would consider the prey to be worthy in its entirety and begin hunting it. depending on the operation's context of course (AkA, if its only like 6 xeno left, I won't kill an Ambusher's desperate attempt at getting a capture, thus severely crippling the already wounded hive)
    Last edited by NekoSam; 11-20-2020 at 10:34 AM. Reason: I forgot one of my points in 1.B section 2. I am adding my answer because I only talked about one of the two posibilities
    SA-M4, The suicidal xeno.
    Rozu 'Nasu' Ishina, Mous enjoyer.
    Clan Leader Va'Stba Ek-Thok, The blue cape cringe.
    Sakura, The anime synth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to edit the post above a bit after posting it, I forgot to add half of my answer on 1.B. Only talked about almayer segment and not FoB leaving. I apologise!
    Sakura, The anime synth.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only problem with those answers is that you called the FOB, the FoB. What's a FoB? I'll never know.

Anyways, you did good and all that, I liked your answers. You clearly read the honor code in-depth and have a good understanding of it.

I suggest reading this: //showthrea...e-Constitution when you get the whitelist.

Remember, if you have ANY questions, you can ask in the #hunting-camp channel on discord for whitelisted preds.

Here's my +1
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your input, I'll be sure to head on over to those places should I be granted the whitelist and meet my future brothers and sisters-in-hunt!

Hopefully we get to see each other on the hunting fields in the near future
    Sakura, The anime synth.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I haven't seen you a ton in game, I liked your answers to fortelian's questions, and I liked your stories, so +1

(remember to do *laugh2 it is the best laugh)
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoSam View Post
    If they go on the almayer, I am REQUIRED to go aboard and take the gear.
    All your answers are correct, the only thing you didn't mention was that you're not required to go up to the Almayer if you are the last Pred alive, though you possibly already knew that and just didn't think to mention it.

I'll just ask some questions that'll give me a better idea of your playstyle, since you've demonstrated that you understand the HC already.

1) Marines have just evacuated the planet, you're near the LZ and the Queen approaches you. She calls you weak, and laughs about how the other Hunters have perished to her hive. She then challenges you to a duel, one-on-one, but you can see the rest of the hive talking about ganking you if she begins to lose. What does Va'stba do?

2) A lone marine has killed two predators, and was gifted a mask by a third for his accomplishment. He begins attacking you while he's still wounded, what does Va'stba do?

3) You are attacked by a Hivelord, it keeps slashing you without saying anything. You take out your weapon and hit it almost to crit, and they say "OH YOU'RE A PRED", what does Va'stba do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Marines have just evacuated the planet, you're near the LZ and the Queen approaches you. She calls you weak, and laughs about how the other Hunters have perished to her hive. She then challenges you to a duel, one-on-one, but you can see the rest of the hive talking about ganking you if she begins to lose. What does Va'stba do?

To clear something out, this isn't an honor duel. If the queen wants to actually fight me I wouldn't drop gear or "lower myself to her level", I'd fight her as any other prey .
    The only reason I would fight this IC is because she called me weak. not because my fellow hunters died, Va'stba would see them as honorable death but she has no desire to """avenge""" fallen yautja. I'd also fight her on an LOOC level because some players really wanna interact with yautja based on how rare it is compared to HvX, thus i wouldn't blame her for seeking interaction with me. So long as this is fun for EVERYONE, I'd be happy to participate.

Before the fight would begin, I'd participate in some RP banter against the queen. Talking about how she is over-estimating herself, and blablabla. Some RP before fighting is ALWAYS more fun then straight-up combat without a word. Then when I know I have the queen's 100% consent to drop her un-huntable status I'd ask her to order her hive, infront of me and using her mouth (AKA not hivemind so I get confirmation IC) to let us fight a one VERSUS one. This is mostly IC and LOOC, because the queen might want to actually fight a predator in a fight for the thrill of it, and having the others jump in the duel might annoy their mother/get banished or some shit. (I know she can lie and say to help her if she gets low in hivemind but, thats something i'd worry about later)

Once all of that is taken care of, I'd try to move to a more suitable location for the fight (think south LZ on solaris, or chapel in prison) and begin our fight which would lead to 3 scenario's.

1.A I lose the fight.

Even if I start losing badly, or going near death, va'stba wouldn't retreat like a coward in the face of possible greatness. While this isn't an honor duel and I """should""" be allowed to escape the fight, Va'stba would rather go down in history dying to a queen, then live on with the shame of running away from them. If I lose then so be it, the hivemind will make fun of me and go onto their hijack plan. End of the story.

1.B I start winning and she is in crit.

If I win the fight, manage to bring her down enough to get her into crit status, I would instantly grab her and toss her over some weeds. For two main reasons, firstly because I wouldn't want all of the hive players to lose their robust queen who managed to basically win them the planetside war thus compromising their future hijack plan's AND because I don't want the delay the round for like 5+ more minutes just because one player wanted to fight a yautja. All that time wasted would bore the hivemind, the marines AND the deadchat. Not cool.

When she recovers, I'd drop back into RP telling it something like "You talk too much, blablabla, better yourself and I shall hunt you another time". Maybe another casual banter between us then I would leave it to hijack the almayer. I know this isn't really "Predator" wise to leave them alive but I would rather have the server not halted for a long time just for some "self satisfaction".

1.C The hive jumps in, either disregarding their queen's order or she betrays our agreement and starts requesting help when she is near crit.

Very most likely what would happen, if I see the hive getting ready to jump on me I would start backing off while defending myself. Im not there to fight the entire hive, nor do I personally want to kill every alien's I see until I eventually die, ruining their hijack. If I see runners/lurkers/Fast alien's chasing me and hitting i would slash them but those who aren't bothering me would be spared. Once again Im placing the game's well-being over my own experience. Sure it "MIGHT" be fun to fight a bunch of aliens until my last breath but, no. No... Just focus on running away from the hive, defend myself if need be against the chasers until im safe. If I deem it proper, I might go back to the queen and shame/insult her, either on her inability to chain her own "dogs", or for cowering behind her servants. Either way, RP it out then leave them for their next fight.

2) A lone marine has killed two predators, and was gifted a mask by a third for his accomplishment. He begins attacking you while he's still wounded, what does Va'stba do?

I do not really know much about the predators gear in-game seeing as I never stole any pred item but, my focus would be to stun them first somehow giving me enough time to try and converse with them. I understand some marines are really blood-thirsty and wanna fight shit for the thrill of it but I'd try my best to remind them predators are there for something other than "UNGA ME SHOOT", that's what the aliens are there for.

If they calm down and stop being aggresive, Va'stba would be very interested in fighting them for her own honor and finding out how strong the marine truly is. Va'stba wouldn't heal them herself but she would tell the marine to get themself fixed by a medic and that she would wait for them in X spot on the map, awaiting the duel. She'd choose a neutral spot, not alien nor marine controlled area for two reason's. First of all, so the chances of interruption's are low, but also so the journey to the X spot be dangerous in itself as to help re-inforce the marines "robustness". Going somewhere alone without allies, amidst the ambushers to go fight a predator after killing two other is something really fucking worthy to va'stba's eyes. Once they arrive, in peak form, I'd proceed with an honor duel with such a fine opponent.

If they don't calm down and overlook whatever I say, then get up and start shooting/melee'ing me once more, I'd fight him as a worthy opponent but not like an honor duel. depending on how wounded they are, it'll decide what type of weapon I use. The lower they are, the less lethal worthy weapon I would use. I know they are normally un-huntable for being wounded but by attacking me they are worthy. Regardless, they clearly want to fight another pred and I'd try my best to find something suitable to fight them fast.

If I die, then so be it.

If I kill them, Va'stba would take their helmet as a trophy and toss the body back for them to be revived. telling one of the marines to relay a message "Keep training and find me again, I am interested to see how far you will grow". IC and LOOC reason again, IC because va'stba would find such a unique prey to be examplary and would want to honor duel them eventually for a REAL battle, and LOOC because permanently removing someone from a round can be a bit lame.

3) You are attacked by a Hivelord, it keeps slashing you without saying anything. You take out your weapon and hit it almost to crit, and they say "OH YOU'RE A PRED", what does Va'stba do?

Honest mistakes happen,can be hard to properly distinguish cloaked scout VS cloaked pred for a new player's viewpoint, so in a LOOC stand-point I'd be fine with giving them a chance. Also, yautja's armor is VERY robust. I've seen preds tank buckshot while laughing so a few hivelord slashes really isn't the end of the world.

Va'stba would most likely retract her combi-stick and put it in her back. And she would talk to the hivelord saying things like "I thought the serpents were smart than this, you should be more careful about whom you attack in the future, less your head be on a wall".

After some interactions, Va'stva would just cloak and continue her hunt, overlooking what the hivelord just did.

Removing a T2 on what COULD be a mistake really isn't nice, both for the player and the hive itself. I know they are un-huntable, and that by slashing me they forfeitted their status but it wouldn't be nice from me to remove him from the round just for something as small as a few slashes. Just let the builder go.

--------------------------------

Hey, thanks for the replies and interest in my application. Sorry if I took a bit to answer, I mostly work night-shift's so im not alot online during the day(I just got off work now and logged onto the forum to check my WL app's status XD). Although I have taken the next two weeks off my job, this might be why you don't see me often on the server but i tend to play mostly during the night on my off-days.

Also, to make it more clear! Im a firm believer of "RP'ing before fighting" kind of playstyle. It's impossible to do as HvX considering both sides just kill each other on sight but, predator's ability to interact with both sides is what really interested me and one of the main reason's I want to be whitelisted. The only few times I wouldn't RP before fighting are on the few occasion's where RP isn't "do-able" . (AKA dispatching dishonorable prey, retrieving gear from a muhreen, etc)
    Sakura, The anime synth.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With your proven understanding of HC, and your answers to the questions posed to you, I feel comfortable giving you a +1.