Date of Incident
    November 19, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Aidan Alvarado

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Taterthetank

Accused Character Name
    James 'Tater' Pacheco

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    20:30

What rule(s) were broken:
    CO Rule 16, RP Rule 2

Description of the incident:
    The incident went as follows, upon starting my shift as the Warden the RO requested that one of his CT’s be arrested for breaking into his office and stealing his stamp. Since I was the only MP online at the time, I responded due to being understaffed. I arrested said person and put into the computer the following charges, Theft, Trespassing, and destruction of Government property. The CT then contacted the commander and demanded help with the issue. After I fully processed the prisoner and start his or her time I noticed the CO(James 'Tater' Pacheco)had asked me a question. I apologized for not being quick to react to his question of what her charges and time would be. I stated her charges out to him and told him to wait one while I calculate the times which added out to be 27.5 minutes.
    He arrived at the brig and asked what the heck is wrong with the time and began to insult me for not knowing how to do my job and put all charges onto a single paper, even though that is how I had done it in the first place. He proceeded to pardon her once 10 minutes were up. After what was about 10 or twenty minutes of nothing happening the RO requested his CT be arrested for insulting him. I complied with the request and command instantly pardoned her without being in person.
    Upon releasing her she proceeded to insult me to which I arrested her for the same issue again. After which the CO(James 'Tater' Pacheco) and XO stormed the brig and demanded to know what was going on and demanded to see the prisoner. I gave the prisoner to the CO(James 'Tater' Pacheco) and stopped her jail time due to her being out of the cell. I stated that I will be filing a complaint to high command about this situation to which the XO started requesting that the captain remove me from my position and brig me.
    They stated I was insubordinate and was derelict of my duties. I requested Ahelp at this time since I was not entirely sure what to do, and no admin responded. I requested once again with no response. The XO took a weapon and brandished it against me to where I stunned him with my stun baton to defend myself. The XO pulled out his side arm and begun to fire at me. I stunned him with my taser and was beginning to secure them so we could peacefully resolve the issue and I could send the letter to High command. To which I was interrupted as the brig was stormed and I was downed. The CO recovered and started dragging my unconscious body away stating initially this will not be a BE. Then the captain stated “You know what” then pulled his side arm and shot me in the head. After all of this took place moderator Bibiex contacted me and wanted information on the situation. After conversing with said admin and listing what happened above, I was issued a warning, and a side note to said warning that I had attempted to contact for help prior.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Due to the nature of the event, I did not take any screenshots of the logs at the time due to me assuming I was in trouble.

How you would punish the accused:
    As to me still being relatively new and not fulling understanding how the punishments work within CM-SS13. I would issue a warning for the situation due to repeatedly pardoning someone who repeatedly broke the law

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay wow, this was a an absolute mess of a round.

The CT in question broke into the ROs room, which they should have contacted me first about (maybe they did). And the RO woke up following the stamp stealing. According to the warden, the CT was charged with Theft, tresspassing, and DTGP. Over comms the warden was informing me of the charges saying that each individual charge added up to 27.5 minutes. This was confusing me, and the way he was putting it made me assume that he was going to brig her for each charge individually, not using the JDS to sort through them. The arrest was kind of wonky and the RO wanted them to be released, and req was needing assistance so i pardoned her. I believe i was still very and genuinely confused of what the warden was doing, and was under the assumption that she was (actually she was by the RO)going to be charged with another DOSA charge? I honestly was confused, so I pardonered her for the aforementioned reasons. If not then i just accidently pardoned her like 3 seconds before her release. Which is also wonky.

By the way, the arrest for DOSA later was because the RO was complaining about the CT buying metal for the FOB before the RO woke. The CT called the RO bald and then there arrest was ordered for insulting them.

Following this situation, the warden decided to charge the CT with DOSA for insulting them while they were being released after my pardon. Req was really hurting and the RO was apparently refusing to actually do their job so i needed the CT back in req. Then i pardoned them again specifically for the DOSA charge, and announced. Around this time is when the XO woke up, and insisted that we do something about the MW. During all of this the CT was still in the process of being arrested and i told the MW to stop what he was doing so i could handle this situation. He proceeded to arrest and process her until i could get a pardon out. The XO was urging that the MW be dismissed, and i had enough of the willy nilly arresting so I deputized the XO and had the warden arrested for insubordination.

This is where it gets wonky, and to the point where i was not involved with it. Only logs and or the XOs testimony can really show what happened here. I'm unaware of what happened, but while i was releasing the CT the warden was preparing his fax or something, i think the XO confronted him and started arresting the warden. At this time the warden (i think) harm batoned the XO, i heard what was going on and (i think the XO called for help) so i investigated. The XO was being arrested on the floor, which i kindly told the warden to STOP DOING. The warden then proceeded to charge at me, i believe harm batoning me once. I started firing my mateba in an effort to stop the warden arresting, and or killing me. The rest of the crew was nearby and saw this mess going on, at the time i was lying on the floor bleeding and knocked out, and they proceeded to literally lynch mob the warden.

I missed every shot with my mateba, and the warden was taken down by the XO. While this was an non VALID indirect BE, as the crew stormed in and killed him. It was my intention to BE him, even though i missed every shot after getting harm atoned. The warden was dead on the floor, not unconscious, I had a health HUD on me and he was already shot down in the crew defending my life. I shot him in the head with my mateba once while he was dead, and announced a battlefield execution.

That's pretty much it, if you want further evidence of what occurred we would need logs pulled, and witnesses to show up or something. This was quite chaotic.

I'm sorry Wargoney for calling whatever you were doing with the charges bad, when I spoke to you during the round you talked about everything really weirdly and i had assumed the things I've stated previously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, something i forgot to say. The rule breaks on this report, im not really sure if they are valid???

Rule 2 is the RP rule, im not exactly sure how I LRPed Or broke the rule for doing what i thought was right ICly?

Rule 16 was not broken, the BE was valid as you were physically arresting me, and removing me from command. Also you were assualting me, harm batoning me muiltiple times. I announced both these reasons in my post BE announcement, and to my knowledge the BE was valid. And no, your arrest of me was not valid in the slightest. You went straight to harm batoning me for just telling you to stop arresting the XO.

That is all i have to say for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the rule breaks are wrong, that's on me. He asked me and I since there's not a specific rule labeled 'CO guidelines' I just figured that would fall under roleplay, that's not something I usually touch since council. That was in regards to the pardoning.

The killing him part is why I said BE as well, because we have a rule governing that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking back on this now after talking a bit on discord, I realize I screwed up on the second pardon part and ordered the XO to arrest the warden. I dont know what happend between the XO and the MW that escalated the situation myself, but im sure logs will clear that up.

Im 100% at fault for the pardon fluke though, I think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting logs soon.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool! Pulled and Collated the logs, it's a very long and complicated case and it's my first time pulling logs, so let me know if I've missed anything here.

Round Starts, No supply staff at the beginning. Cargo Tech awakes before the RO.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

RO Orders the arrest of the Cargo Tech for taking their stamp and breaking the window.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

First Arrest of the Cargo Technicians is undertaken.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CT Petitions the CO.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CO Asks the MW how long the CT will be in the brig for. RO Asks for command to release their Cargo Tech from the brig.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

RO and Cargo Technician start to get into an argument around this time.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CO Enters the Brig for the first time, releases the prisoner. CO releases the prisoner due to their timer expiring on their sentence.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CT returns to requisitions, they are barred from using Budget.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

XO Logs in.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CO and MW discuss the prior incident.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CT asks for permission to dismantle briefing, and is thus absent from Requisitions.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

More Arguments between the RO and CT.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Another request for the CT to be arrested is made by the RO
    Spoiler Spoiler:

MW Arrests the CT.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

First Official Pardon is made.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CT is released, insults the MW, MW states intention to arrest again. CO says not to arrest them.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Third Arrest of the Cargo Tech takes place, the CO Deputizes the XO to arrest the MW. Delta begins breaking into the brig, CT asks the CO to announce a second pardon.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

First Ahelp from the MW goes unanswered, CO announces the second pardon.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

XO attempts to arrest the MW, MW attempts to arrest the XO via harmbaton. CO comes down at this point, possibly fires their mateba (Shots that don't hit don't show up on logs, so there are no logs of the mateba being fired, but the Captain says they missed every shot in the following spoiler tags). MW begins harmbattoning the CO as well, gets gunned down by an IO.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CO and XO discuss whether to deny medical care and BE the MW.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

BE announcement
    Spoiler Spoiler:

WarlordZulu is contacted by a moderator
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Somenerd; 11-22-2020 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Changed section where CO enters brig for first time, timer had expired.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for pulling all of those Logs, that round was quite a mess and I can only imagine how much work it took to piece all of those together!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting the logs!

Only a few things for myself to clear up that arent shown in the logs.

1: the first ordered release of the CT to be released was when the timer was already expired, the pardon after was soley because under the impression that the MW was charging the CT for each individual crime, Honestly this was something i could have handled a little better, the pardon made after was unnecessary and false, as she had already served her time.

2: I did fire my mateba multiple times, missing every shot. However, I only fired it after I was being attacked if the logs dont show it.

Once again, thanks for the logs!

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The CO Council has discussed this report and has decided to issue Taterthetank a Heavy warning for violating pardon rules. In addition the BE is in a gray area, but it was ruled valid.

In the future, if you believe a MP/MW/CMP is breaking the rules, please ahelp them.

Resolved.