Bob Vancleave
    Their BYOND Key
    Bibex
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    9:00 PM CST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Enforcement of rules
    Description of the incident
    Basically, I was an engi and I was hyped to build a giga FOB this round. I had all the mats ready, we drop and this is on Big Red, LZ2 and the meta for Tcomms on this LZ is south of the landing pad as you can destroy the walls and create a little nook you can stick it in, making it harder for xenos to destroy the tcomms tower. I create the little nook in the wall and look for tcomms and Paul (synth) had already deployed it there. I get mad at them for deploying it where no one is gonna be able to watch it and where xenos will have an easy time destroying it. Note that it isn't the 1st time Paul has done this, nearly every round where I'm playing engineer, and Paul is on, he does this, and I get mad at him and tell him not to. Why a synth would set up machinery so vital in the marine's effort to win the operation in such a bad place is beyond me but it isn't the point of this report. I then complain about what the synth did over engineering comms and told the OTs to make EMP grenades.

A few minutes pass and I get an admin PM from Bibex asking if I have a moment, in which I promptly respond with yeah sure, what is it. Bibex brings up chat, in which contained me asking the OTs to make EMPs, I respond with yeah I did and maybe it was a bit far, but I mentioned that Paul does this literally every round and I tell them to stop setting up tcomms in stupid spots. We send a few messages back and forth and I get told that after some discussion, it's been decided that I will be receiving a 3 day ban for meta grudge and being a dick and then the round ends.

I don't think it's meta grudge because I have never said OOC, or in discord saying that I will take hostile action against Paul or BasedOperator, and I never have. Everything has stayed IC and it has always been verbal. Now onto being a dick. Maybe, I admit it was a bit rude but Pual does this every round, half assing tcomms so I hope you understand my frustration. I know my note history is extensive and probably one of the worst, but I'm not a griefer. Its never my intention to ruin another person's round, I don't get fun by doing that. If the OTs would of made EMP grenades, I wouldn't have used them. BasedOperator is a friend and I wouldn't want to ruin his round.
    Evidence
    logs
    How you would punish the accused
    A warning, and for my ban to be lifted.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Date is 11/19/2020, not 11/11/2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was playing CT on this round and constantly talking with Bob and other engineers on the engineering channel, from my perspective he complained about the T-Comms position and then only asked OTs to make an EMP grenade once and returned back to duty leave that alone.

I don't think that alone is a reason for a ban as such a thing should be dealt ICly, alright that if he actually bothered with getting the EMP grenade if it was even made and actually threatening the synth or even throwing it at them, that would be a huge problem.

If nothing else, he should have been arrested by MPs if it became a growing problem but far from a 3 Day ban. Both players are literal friends and there is no such thing as metagrudge between them as far as I know.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll pull logs for this
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interaction between Bob Vancleave and Paul which led to the ahelp:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahelp logs:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bibiex here. I'm going to tell you what happened from my perspective and why I decided to apply a ban.

Paul ahelps complaining that you were insulting him. I answer that just by looking at what you said it looks like an IC joke. However, Paul tells me that you were following and insulting him "this whole time" which I take as the whole time since he sent the ahelp, that would be about 8 minutes, as I took a while to mark the ahelp. Even more, Paul said you have been doing this past rounds.

This interaction with Paul makes me send you a PM to investigate further the situation and confirm his statements. The first message you send me is a complaint full in Caps Lock, clearly angry at the player. The way you acted ICly earlier wasn't your character, but more you angry at someone not doing what you think it's optimal. At this point, I conclude that this is metagrudge and harassment, both fall under Rule 3 don't be a dick. Your commentaries were pretty toxic and that was coming from you, the player, and not your character. My call was that you crossed the line and a warning must be applied in this situation.

So I go to staff chat in-game to get more opinions about what punishment to apply and in the end, I apply a 3 days ban because of ban escalation. Also, I know this is not my problem but you shouldn't get so angry in a game. Remember that CM is, as much as people say otherwise, not a TDM game. There might be a "best strategy" but not everyone is going to like this strategy and it's okay. Keep this in mind and don't lash out at a player for not doing what you want.

This is what happened in my perspective, now going to your statements. OOC interaction is not strictly necessary to be considered metagrudging. Also, I don't know if you and Basedoperator are friends but this doesn't really matter to this staff report. If he who ahelped is because he was being bothered by your behavior.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibiex View Post

However, Paul tells me that you were following and insulting him "this whole time" which I take as the whole time since he sent the ahelp, that would be about 8 minutes, as I took a while to mark the ahelp. Even more, Paul said you have been doing this past rounds.

There might be a "best strategy" but not everyone is going to like this strategy and it's okay. Keep this in mind and don't lash out at a player for not doing what you want.

Also, I don't know if you and Basedoperator are friends but this doesn't really matter to this staff report. If he who ahelped is because he was being bothered by your behavior.
    I only interacted with him when he was setting up comms, then he left and then came back to deconstruct window frames at the FOB and then left to do whatever again. And by past rounds, it starts at "Why did you place comms there" and ends there.

There are correct ways that things should be set up, and Paul, as a synth shouldn’t be setting up comms in a spot thats open and no one is gonna watch, especially if you take the 7 seconds to get to the south LZ and put it where it should be. In the post where it details what the synthetics do and how they should act (//showthrea...d-How-To-Apply), it says "As a Synthetic, you’ll be expected to perform to the best of your programming, no matter the situation". Paul is literally disregarding his programming by setting up comms with little care or thought in regards to its position in the FOB.

were

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright i have checked it out.

The ban itself follows ban escalation. You have previous notes and bans within a recent timeframe meaning it got escalated.

The logs as provided showcase to me you had some issue with the synth and went outof your way to target them, secondly, a minor error from another player does not mean you have to prepare to kill them as you showcase intent to do in the logs.

I believe the ban reason is correct, and the escalation of the ban given is correct.

Mind you, another issue from you will next time resolve in a 7day ban as per escalation guidelines.

Report Denied, Moderator was in the Right.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer