Discord ID
    john ravioli#4574

Marine Name
    Harry Howard

Character InformationName of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Zahnthru Ca'sath

Name and history of your Yautja’s clan:
    Clan Ca'sath -

I recommend you read this first to get a basic grasp about my clan, it's a clan mostly about architects and the working caste but with hunters in the mix. I thought it was pretty interesting!

Total word count - 749

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Yautja Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Total word count - 1643

First paragraph excerpt -

The time was dusk, on a cliff overlooking the marvelous jungle environment. Zahnthru sat in his small hunting camp, surrounded by 3 other predators, their names being Uath-Nihtall, Vuhtan, and Nakuth. Their weapons laid in their extra tent which acted as an armory. Night was upon them, Zahnthru looking up to his brothers as he was busy sterilizing water by the cozy fire. Vuhtan click clacked his mandibles, exclaiming to his brothers, “I shall leave and go on the hunt, I wish you men luck in in yours.” Zahnthru and the 2 others waved their goodbyes as Zahnthru snarled at the fact. Vuhtan gladly stood up, grabbed his gear he needed, and headed out. Night finally came upon the camp, the now boiling water became sterilized; Zahnthru took up a flask of it and gulped it down. As he did, the other 2 predators went to rest, awaiting the hunt tomorrow. Zahnthru did the same, going to sleep well hydrated and fed prior.

ConfirmationsHave you read the honor code and do you understand that if you breach the honor code you may be subject to disciplinary action and have your whitelist revoked for a set amount of time?
    Yes

Do you understand that any behavior that is unbecoming of a member of the community may result in you having your whitelist revoked? Such things include, but are not limited to: Racism, toxicity, excessive or malicious trolling, abuse of staff or etc.
    Yes

Do you understand that you may face having your whitelist revoked, or other disciplinary action undertaken, should you be banned or warned on the CM discord?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that community members may report your in-game actions on the forums, and that you may be asked to defend your actions.
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay lad I've been following up with this App the whole time you've been asking for assistance, its come quite some way but before I give this my +/-1 I have some questions for you .
    1. One marine is been bothering you the whole round, shooting at you from behind friends multiple times before retreating back to the front lines, he keeps repeating this action, what would you do?

2. Your have a conversation with another predator about ways to dispatch a xeno, when all the sudden this hunter starts testing your honor by ridiculing you and belittling your actions, what is your next move?

Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MymindisBlanl View Post
    Okay lad I've been following up with this App the whole time you've been asking for assistance, its come quite some way but before I give this my +/-1 I have some questions for you .
    1. One marine is been bothering you the whole round, shooting at you from behind friends multiple times before retreating back to the front lines, he keeps repeating this action, what would you do?

2. Your have a conversation with another predator about ways to dispatch a xeno, when all the sudden this hunter starts testing your honor by ridiculing you and belittling your actions, what is your next move?
    1. Firstly, I would bait the marine into coming out into the open away from the frontline and into an area where I laid down a trap for him to step on. If he does take the bait and steps on my trap, I would slay him right then and there for he has been dishonorable to me from shooting behind his friends and going back and forth from the front line just do so.

2. If this was to occur, I will challenge the hunter to a honor duel to defend my honor. Either that, or I try to defuse the situation by conversing. If it went south, I would just honor duel him.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    1. Firstly, I would bait the marine into coming out into the open away from the frontline and into an area where I laid down a trap for him to step on. If he does take the bait and steps on my trap, I would slay him right then and there for he has been dishonorable to me from shooting behind his friends and going back and forth from the front line just do so.
    Just off this alone I have to drop you a -1. Marines that attack you and run away aren't dishonourable, they would still be worthy. Worthy targets that are trapped by a hunting trap become unhuntable unless they continue to attack you while trapped.

Making sure you fully understand the hunting status of people on the grounds is a very crucial part of pred, so I can't justify a +1 with an answer like this.

2. If this was to occur, I will challenge the hunter to a honor duel to defend my honor. Either that, or I try to defuse the situation by conversing. If it went south, I would just honor duel him.
    A decent answer, other options are to challenge them to hunt better prey than you (or any other test of skill), or a spar if you don't feel like killing eachother.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    Just off this alone I have to drop you a -1. Marines that attack you and run away aren't dishonourable, they would still be worthy. Worthy targets that are trapped by a hunting trap become unhuntable unless they continue to attack you while trapped.

Making sure you fully understand the hunting status of people on the grounds is a very crucial part of pred, so I can't justify a +1 with an answer like this.
    On the dishonorable thing, I was very confused about it. I reread the honor code to figure out the issue and I found the mistake, I was actually misreading it like the marine in the question was trying to meta the code. You see, I saw they could try to meta because there's nothing about purposefully coming back and forth to shoot a hunter, thus I think it could be a little meta on there, but I do not know.

Now onto the other thing, I decided to fix my answer to be more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by MymindisBlanl View Post
    1. If the marine is still bothering me and shooting me from behind his allies, they are still worthy. I will take this knowledge and retreat away as I don't know if he/she is just doing it on purpose or doesn't know what they're doing. As I do this, I can get a better spot where I can eventually hunt the person down and fight them in a certain part of the map where they possibly couldn't get assistance from any other marines and etc. I won't trap them as I could cheese them if they got up from the shadows, so I want to give them a fair fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the dishonorable thing, I was very confused about it. I reread the honor code to figure out the issue and I found the mistake, I was actually misreading it like the marine in the question was trying to meta the code. You see, I saw they could try to meta because there's nothing about purposefully coming back and forth to shoot a hunter, thus I think it could be a little meta on there, but I do not know.
    The thing about metaing the HC is it needs to be definitive, you need to be able to say/prove with 100% certainty that it's being done. It's pretty easy to imagine someone with no clue about HC shooting you and then running to frontlines, because that's where their objective and their allies are congregated. Things like instantly throwing their weapon when they see you, quoting the HC to you, etc. are proper examples of what metaing the HC would look like.

1. If the marine is still bothering me and shooting me from behind his allies, they are still worthy. I will take this knowledge and retreat away as I don't know if he/she is just doing it on purpose or doesn't know what they're doing. As I do this, I can get a better spot where I can eventually hunt the person down and fight them in a certain part of the map where they possibly couldn't get assistance from any other marines and etc. I won't trap them as I could cheese them if they got up from the shadows, so I want to give them a fair fight.
    This is a better answer, I'm not going to change my vote yet but I'll be back to this app with some HC & playstyle-related questions at a later time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took me a while to come back to this and for that I apologise, regardless here are the questions:

1) Xenos have won the ground, and are about to hijack. You're standing at the LZ to watch them go when a Lurker pounces you from behind and slashes you three times, then runs inside the dropship with the rest of the hive and begins taunting you. What do you do?

2) You and a few other Preds have built a lodge, and trapped the entrances. You notice the Scout is nearby outside in cloak, he lases inside the lodge and runs away. Ten minutes later the lodge is hit by mortar fire and destroyed, what does your pred do?

3) Another Predator runs up to you and tells you they need your help to get some gear back, you go with them and find the prey, and they immediately begin attacking it. The prey then runs to the frontline, gets healed, and begins fighting xenos. The other pred wants you to keep helping them and runs after the prey, what does your pred do?

4) There is a group of three marines, one is caked in Yautja blood, the other two are not. There is a gear signature pointing to the group, what do you do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem, I was just lurking the forum awaiting a response. I wondered what you guys have been doing the past 11 days but I am fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    Took me a while to come back to this and for that I apologise, regardless here are the questions:

1) Xenos have won the ground, and are about to hijack. You're standing at the LZ to watch them go when a Lurker pounces you from behind and slashes you three times, then runs inside the dropship with the rest of the hive and begins taunting you. What do you do?

2) You and a few other Preds have built a lodge, and trapped the entrances. You notice the Scout is nearby outside in cloak, he lases inside the lodge and runs away. Ten minutes later the lodge is hit by mortar fire and destroyed, what does your pred do?

3) Another Predator runs up to you and tells you they need your help to get some gear back, you go with them and find the prey, and they immediately begin attacking it. The prey then runs to the frontline, gets healed, and begins fighting xenos. The other pred wants you to keep helping them and runs after the prey, what does your pred do?

4) There is a group of three marines, one is caked in Yautja blood, the other two are not. There is a gear signature pointing to the group, what do you do?

1. Well, there isn't much I can do as I can't really go inside. I'll just stare at them from outside and wait if the lurker or any other xenomorph for a fact (one that is huntable) come out so I can begin fighting it. If I'm dragged back inside, I'll just escape using a plasma caster or if that isn't an option, I will fight them and then try and escape before the dropship takes off.

2. Since the encounter happened 10 minutes after the scout lazed the lodge, I would've not known where the scout could be, as he could be dead or in the FOB, etc. If this is the case, then I will tear down what is left of the sandstone lodge and move on to create a new lodge with my fellow preds.

3. There are many things that could happen in this situation, but I would just follow him and help him as long if they prey can get away from fighting xenomorphs so we can dispatch them. If me and the other predator can somehow get the marine prey away from their friendlies and into a spot where we can easily dispatch and eliminate them for the gear would be good in my eyes.

4. Seeing this, I will immediately set off to find the downed body of my fellow predator. Once I found the body, I will begin arming the self destruct device and then set off to recover the gear from the marines. The marine with the equipment is now top priority for me, so I decide to enlist the help of another Yautja to recover the gear. If there is not any other predators beside me, I will just do the deed on my own and engage the marines and make sure to take out the marine with the gear first. This being done, I recover the gear back to the ship after all the marines involved are dispatched.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This application is - Denied

There is a significant lack of support for this application from both the council and the community. You have also demonstrated an insufficient understanding of HC.

It is recommended that you visit the HC to improve your understanding and seek application assistance from the community.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505