Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    Fortelian

Marine Name
    Salvador Kepplinger

Other Whitelist Applications
    Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Atticus

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Atticus is a somewhat philosophical synthetic that likes to come up with anecdotes and sayings. Such as "A bad wall will fall, a good wall will stand, but the best wall will fight back! Make sure to use sentry turrets marines!" or "An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Eat food to restore lost blood!" And have somewhat philosophical ideals and the ability to look at things from multiple perspectives. In addition to this, Atticus will use quotes from famous people (With credit, if it's available) such as "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. - Milton Berle." I want to give people a good laugh if I can, and some positive interaction.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I want to be a synthetic because I find the support roles very fun. They aren't very dangerous (although they can be) and I am pretty good at all of them, meaning instead of picking medic one round and engineer the next, I can do both in one. I like helping people, because I know how nice it is when someone patches you up and you get to go unga again, instead of stabbing yourself with tricord and tram and bandages. Another factor is the roleplay. Synthetics get to roleplay a bit more than normal marines just because of their synthetic nature and what makes them different from marines, and roleplay is something that I like doing. Overall, I like helping people, and with the synthetic whitelist, I can combine a roleplay job with support roles, to help the marines. Also, I've always wanted to be a synth survivor, and I figured that'd be a fun experience.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on this story, and who read it beforehand.

ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    I am quite familiar with engineering, I can set up reactors in a robust manner (I have a certain set up I like to use), I can build grand cade lines and I can perform any feat of engineering you may need done, including hacking doors and such, or building doors, or walls, or cool hideouts in maintenance. Man, RIP old Almayer reactors, but hey, we've still get planetside ones that need fixing! I can also fix APCs and stuff, and a classic is replacing a power cell if you can't fix engineering planetside, so you've got power in that room, so you can shock doors and PB poor rooners (well, not PB them if you're a synth)

How familiar are you with Command?
    I am a whitelisted captain and a very robust commander as well as a very good overwatch officer. Or so I like to believe. I can handle a fire team, a squad as SL or SO and even an operation as a whole. I always make sure to keep my squad supplied, and to call out contacts and dead marines. Once, me and Jameson Hawkins led an OP with ZERO casualties, by insuring that no one who had died was left perma.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I am a competent medic, I can do all surgeries, and I know the effects of all chemicals by heart. I can treat different types of wounds, and I know when someone should be evacced, or when it is OK for them to continue fighting. I also know the color of pill bottles. And, one time I had to use a ghetto surgery tool because someone had taken the cautery, so it helps to know those too! Also, if you make soporific, you are griefing, and I will suplex you into space. I have only ever seen that chem cause harm, and I greatly despise it and it should be removed.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I am good at requisitions, I know the short name of all the attachments and I add certain coords to my notes to access them quickly and get pads set up hastily as well as contact CIC for supply drops and gather materials outside of cargo to send to the marines and move supplies as fast as possible, while getting ammo from squad preps stuffed into backpacks, when I don't have anything else to do. Also, I know to NOT open the OB crates, I've seen people BEd for that before.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    A synthetic can perform combat only in self-defense of itself or others, and never against USCM personnel unless it is non-lethal, like shoving a marine who is shooting up medbay. Synthetics are, however, permitted to perform combat against non USCM personnel including opposing factions (UPP, xenos) because marine law does not apply to them. They should not perform combat on the frontline, it's not their job.

A brief example would be if a runner leaped on a synthetic who was trying to build cades at the FOB. The synthetic could attack it, but should not give chase, and if it ran away, then let it run.

Another example: I'm walking to hydro on LV with another marine. A warrior lunges the marine and tries dragging them away, I can grab the marine to stop the warrior's grab. If the warrior comes back to grab him I can smack them until they leave.

"Seeking peace, but prepared for war" -- Synthetic Programming and Guidelines

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I just wanna thank everyone who proof read my story, I hope you all enjoyed it. I look forward to synthing with you all if you will have me.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get some whitelisted synths to vouch for your support role competency. You have the other two whitelists so I don't doubt your abilities to refrain from acting emotional, but your story worried me slightly. Nothing tells me in the story that Atticus is a synthetic besides you blatantly stating it; he acts like a human, fit with emotion, enjoyment, and excitement, that has the capabilities of a synthetic. I know it's a fine line to figure out, and you'll get it with time. The quirk itself is pretty cool.

Would you write me a dialogue between Atticus and a CMO regarding a mysterious disease that has plagued the marines? I want to know that Atticus is a synthetic, without you explicitly saying it, y'know?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sal's great, I've seen him do great as CMO.

+1
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it comes to building FOBs, what are some of the things that a squad engineer needs to always avoid doing, lest they waste large amounts of resources and/or build a very ineffective or vulnerable FOB? Give us at least a couple examples.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    When it comes to building FOBs, what are some of the things that a squad engineer needs to always avoid doing, lest they waste large amounts of resources and/or build a very ineffective or vulnerable FOB? Give us at least a couple examples.
    I've seen engineers cade breaches in the fence line inside LZ1 on LV. You know how there's a fence around the LZ right? I once saw a fence that was broken open, and caded. I've also seen a whole line of reinforced (brute) cades on the road to hydro on LV. Another thing was the SW part of the LZ1 on LV, was all the fences were caded. It doesn't make the FOB more vulnerable per se, but it wastes mats that could be used elsewhere. Also, one thing to remember is, the strongest part of the cade line is the weakest part. So, if you have a huge cade line, but an unwired cade or something, then that's the weakest link. I think cading hydro road is good, as long as you have the mats to cade the FOB, then hydro road. Also, doubling up cades is something I haven't seen people do in a while, where you put down cades facing the your normal cades. It's not a good idea, and it's a waste of a significant amount of mats. Also, if you're cading with walls, you want the cade to be BACK so it only allows one xeno to come in and attack it, then they have to run back. If you make it in line with walls, then multiple xenos can attack it, and they can attack it a LOT easier, by just stepping forward, slashing, stepping back, repeat. You want to funnel them in (then get an epic body block so you can PB that rooner).
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Sal's great, I've seen him do great as CMO.

+1
    Thanks for the +1 :^)
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    meh you'll be fine +1

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    meh you'll be fine +1
    Thanks for the +1, I'll do the best.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    I've seen engineers cade breaches in the fence line inside LZ1 on LV. You know how there's a fence around the LZ right? I once saw a fence that was broken open, and caded. I've also seen a whole line of reinforced (brute) cades on the road to hydro on LV. Another thing was the SW part of the LZ1 on LV, was all the fences were caded. It doesn't make the FOB more vulnerable per se, but it wastes mats that could be used elsewhere. Also, one thing to remember is, the strongest part of the cade line is the weakest part. So, if you have a huge cade line, but an unwired cade or something, then that's the weakest link. I think cading hydro road is good, as long as you have the mats to cade the FOB, then hydro road. Also, doubling up cades is something I haven't seen people do in a while, where you put down cades facing the your normal cades. It's not a good idea, and it's a waste of a significant amount of mats. Also, if you're cading with walls, you want the cade to be BACK so it only allows one xeno to come in and attack it, then they have to run back. If you make it in line with walls, then multiple xenos can attack it, and they can attack it a LOT easier, by just stepping forward, slashing, stepping back, repeat. You want to funnel them in (then get an epic body block so you can PB that rooner).
    Good answers.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Synthetic Council Member Yukonsnow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mr. Fortelian,

You messaged me a very long time ago for assistance and you improved the story since the last time I read it. It is fairly engaging, and shows you have enough quotes to not get stale immediately. I also read your dialogue response and found it really showed off your quirk and how you will apply it. Overall, that's excellent to see.

People can vouch for your competence, your application skill check is more than adequate, and the follow-up questions you provided are most excellent. You have the skillset needed to be the epic support bot.

I trust you not to be a combat synth, the answer is adequate.

Ultimately I have no complaints, you're known enough and already have the other whitelists so I am happy to give you a +1.

Thank you, have a cm day.
    gaming

Discord: Yukonsnow#7186

Synthetic Technician Dan, message me about any Synthetic WL questions, I'll help as best I can.