Byond ID?
    Nauticall

CM Character?
    Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick // Tara

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    UTC+8

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Anywhere between 14-24 hours, 2-ish hours per day.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Baystation12, occasionally.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    CO Application (Accepted): //showthrea...er-Application
    Synthetic Application (Accepted): //showthrea...ic-Application
    Mentor Application (Accepted): //showthrea...9170#post59170

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Have a talk to the player and about what they were doing. If it was an accident (i.e. they clicked on accident or they are otherwise new), give them a verbal warning and potentially defer them to teaching how their gun works.

If it's done on purpose, have them noted, as it isn't a serious offense I wouldn't ban them on the spot for it unless they've done instances of such in the past, in which case they'd be banned for Rule 14 - Lethal Force.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    As I am not a member of the Predator council myself I would ask them to file a report so that it could get the Predator Council's attention. A report would allow them to investigate any breach in honor code or whitelist guidelines and they can handle it from there. I'd also offer to pull logs if they do go forward with it and I'm able to.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I'd give them a little message asking if they are new. If they are new I can either try to direct a Senior Enlisted Advisor to them (if one is awake), defer them to a mentor (instruct them on how to send an mhelp), or otherwise if I have the time help them myself, especially if I am playing as an SEA.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Tell him to file a staff report if he thinks the actions I have done were done poorly, only then can he do the act of 'speaking to the manager'. Otherwise if he is already let known of this and is still venting at me I can have him noted for being hostile to staff (violation of rule 0.2) and ban him if necessary.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    'John Doe' counts as a violation of Rule 12 (as clearly stated with the examples of "e.g. Dr John Smith, Barack Obama, Lt John Doe") and as a result I would ask them to have their name changed to something else. I can ask them what name they would like to have and then rename it, then instruct them to make sure their name changes next time; they can do so in Character Setup.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I'd label it as an IC issue - as long as they don't try to start a fight or anything with their rifle I would leave it to IC means for resolution. If they do start causing trouble though, such as firing at MPs who try to handle them, however, then I get involved.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Survivors are not allowed to be hostile to Marines (unless during admin events or the like) - this is established under Rule 2 ("Survivors may NOT be hostile unless they have been spawned as hostile survivors (CLF).") I would PM the survivor about it, note them for a Rule 2 violation, ban with appropriate time on second offense.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Investigate the logs - is the MP justified in what they are doing and is everything lining up with what the player is saying? If so then I would let the MP know of improper sentencing and then ask the player to make an appeal.

If the arrest was made without ill intent and the MP simply did not know or pressed wrong charges I'd ask the MP to get the prisoner's sentence down and give them the appropriate charges.

If the investigation finds that the MP did it with malicious intent, or that they have done something similar in the past, I would have them noted and potentially (depending on history) banned and/or MP jobbanned for griefing (Rule 4) as they are deliberately disrupting a player's round.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I can SM the acting Commander 'You feel like you should break the stalemate' (or something similar), and then potentially get more specific if the aCO doesn't know what to do. The same can be done to the queen, either something subtle like SMing the Queen, or making a QM message.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    If there are other moderators on, send an adminhelp or msay and ask them to investigate the situation. Since I'm busy IC and that the issue directly relates to me, it'd be a burden for me to try and look at this myself.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Tell them that EORG rules don't apply to roles that are naturally enemies of each other, such as marines battling xenos, CLF or UPP, or other hostile groups.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I’d ask the victim if they caught a name first, if not then check the logs. Once I find the suspect I’d PM them and ask what they’re doing, followed by a note/ban if necessary for roundstart shenanigans (Rule 13).

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I’d inform them it is improper escalation, a violation of Rule 14. Note them about it and rejuvenate the victim if it’s safe to do so. If the murderer has had a history, escalate to a ban.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Issue a MOOC, tell the mutineers that they are not allowed to be mutinying and to stand down immediately. If they don’t stop, admin-sleep everyone in the area. Potentially note people who are particularly resistant or instigatory.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Racism IC is prohibited now (as part of Rule 3), so inform the people involved that they should stop making such comments or be noted for violating the rule.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Look for their Ckey in logs or from their person and issue a ban for griefing. Proceed to rejuvenate any of those that were victimized.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Deliberately committing suicide by charging into the frontlines in such a blatant manner can be classified as griefing, but needs investigation. PM the larva about what happened. If they say they didn’t know better (e.g. they’re new), tell them about how they need to be careful and turn into a proper caste first before attempting to move to the frontlines. If they simply rushed to the front to waste a larva, have them noted for griefing (and escalate if they have history of similar incidents).

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    PM them and warn them for LRP behavior, followed by a note. If they refuse to stop, escalate to a 3 hour ban for LRP, a violation of Rule 2.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Inform them that it’s not actually LRP - as stated in rules, “Xeno hivemind is an English translation of their thoughts, so words such as “hydro” or “shuttle” are acceptable”. Therefore, words such as “dropship” are allowed under the same umbrella as well.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    While it is a breach of Roleplay Guidelines (due to expected contact), it’s not deserving of any real punishment due to it being inconsequential. I’d probably either PM (or even just SM) the CO saying to avoid saying there are aliens during briefing.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    It depends on the circumstances. If he properly shouted something at the victim and had a justifiable RP reason, such as xenos being extremely close to them, it can slide. If it’s during a general evac and the marine kills the other ‘just because’ it can be classified as improper escalation, and handled accordingly.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Flag it as a violation of rule 0.2. If they have a complaint about it I’d tell them to avoid ranting about it and instead file a formal staff report if they think my actions weren’t justified. If they don’t stop speaking I’d escalate the punishment to a note + 3-hour ban for being uncooperative.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I’d tell them that being SSD does not give you immunity from captures and that I can’t simply remove the larva from them due to them being SSD. Tell them they can play Xeno after they burst as well.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Take it up with them in a msay or PM. If they start to argue and/or refuse to settle things, I’d inform a manager.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    It’s not my problem. I’d stay clear, contact higher-ups about the issue and ask them to settle it.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I feel like I would like to contribute more to CM than simply be an observer, as well as help players and ensure the round flows smoothly.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Good judgment skills and being careful are what I think is the most important quality. Having good judgment allows you to make well-informed decisions and not act impulsively. In doing so you can avoid conflict simply because you made a careless decision.

Anything else you
    i was threatened to apply /s

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello yes I threatened them to apply

+1 very good CO councilor; will make a good mod.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answers.
    Good player.
    Good councillor.

Always friendly, always active, invested in the community.

Will be a great staff member.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not ever post on these because all I do is observe (usually), but Tara rings a bell as a good Synth during my observations.

+1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nanu just accept it already
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah do we even need to say it

+1
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    moderator +1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're a good person and honestly they seem to be the kind to perform well as a moderator, but I just wanna say: join dev team as a spriter instead

Overall great app +9
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Losing another commodore to staff menace......+1
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was told i have to +1 to keep my position

+1