Personal InformationByond ID?
    kooarbiter

Marine Name
    Ana Bow

Other Whitelist Applications
    I semi recently submitted a CO whitelist but didn't get it

Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Leo

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Leo's quirk is authoritarian, thinking of CLF personnels as "armed hippies" and generally detesting anti government/authority media. Their personality is a mix of brown nosing higher ranked personnel/commissioned officers, and relishing opportunities to train or instruct others, or being a stickler for SOP for those who show a poor understanding of it. Leo will always side with command during a mutiny, unless the commanding officer is deemed unfit for duty without exception, in which case he will take a neutral role as a medic or whatever else is required to stabilize the situation.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I want to be a synthetic because I think I can add more roleplay, specifically high roleplay opportunities to an often unrealistically silly command structure. Service members have a long history of being goofy and making silly jokes, and the marines are no exception, but I think sometimes it helps to have a straight man to the weirdness or wackyness to balance out the tone of collective storytelling.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...RnTcgIJaQ/edit

Thanks to optimistic dude for helping me proof read the story, let me know if there's an error in reading it, even if I don't make the app I'd like constructive critisism to improve my writing, if I don't get it this time I'll probably resubmit it in january or february

ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    Very familiar, I know how to set the engine, load OB, outfit dropships, make barricades, repair cade lines, plan fobs, manage construction resources, and teach others how to improve engineering skills.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Familiar, I have played the gamut from plucky aSL, to leading entire operations as XO without a CO to guide me, and everything in between.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Very familiar, I'd say over my four or so years of playing CM I've played either medic or minimedic the most, I know chems, how to set up a great loadout for both doctor and medic, I know what kinds of medicine are best for certain situations, I know the value of mixed chems, and I can stay cool and collected while reviving multiple marines in combat.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I know where everything can be found, how to process and juggle orders, what equipment is typically most ordered and how to gather and distribute equipment efficiently.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    If code delta has been activated and hostiles are boarding the ship, I may use additonal force to protect myself and the lives of those around me as long as it does not cause me to ignore my other duties. On the ground, I may use force in a purely defensive manner to protect myself or other marine personnel, never chasing or otherwise forcing confrontation beyond what is absolutely neccesary. No matter what situation I find myself in, I am not allowed to wield any kind of firearm or emplacement, and I cannot deploy for the purpose of joining combat in anything other than a supporting capacity.

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I think having a short cut off point is a great motivator for WL applicants to get their stuff in gear, I would have likely meandered for a while longer before submitting without the cut off point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quirck seems cool. Lemme hit you with some questions

1. It's post-hijack and you've managed to kill the queen because they played poorly, if they were to report you for this would it be valid?
    2. You're in LV caves and about 4 marines got hugged due to a egg morpher, there's no xenos around thankfully but there's no other medics nearby, what do you do?
    3.Marines are being unreasonably rude to you because "muh synth hate", how would your synth react?
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Quirck seems cool. Lemme hit you with some questions

1. It's post-hijack and you've managed to kill the queen because they played poorly, if they were to report you for this would it be valid?
    2. You're in LV caves and about 4 marines got hugged due to a egg morpher, there's no xenos around thankfully but there's no other medics nearby, what do you do?
    3.Marines are being unreasonably rude to you because "muh synth hate", how would your synth react?
    1. If i overlooked my duties to the marines and crew to go fight space bugs, it would be a valid report, if I didn't prioritise combat over my duties needlessly, then xenos mad

2. I would put as many of them into stasis as possible, telling any marines around me to help me transport them out of the caves, if medevac is available I do that, if not then I have to take them back to the colony to find a medic, failing that, then I would have to make a tough choice as to who to take back, likely whoever is highest ranked or most critical, but I wouldn't go with this option unless it was my only choice.

3. Leo would return the harsh words with banter, possibly cracking wise about the marine's lack of discipline, lack of merit, or lack of creativity in their insults, if he's not busy doing something else at the time. Leo respects authority, and while he has no rank, and thus no authority, he wouldn't be passive during insults, nor needlessly inflammatory. This situation has a few different answers depending on who's insulting them and what circumstance they find themselves in, so if you want me to go into specifics, give me a really specific circumstance.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could've formatted the story to be easier to read, but that's besides the point. This doesn't make any sense to me.

"Lance corporal, you should grow up and learn to stop acting like an immature private,". This isn't something a synthetic would ever say, because 1. it's blatantly insulting to the marine and 2. synthetics don't demoralize the marines. You also say that he throws a marine a "disappointed" look, and this wouldn't serve any purpose for the same reasons. A synthetic literally cannot be disappointed, and if it was programmed to act disappointed in situations like these, it wouldn't serve the mission any good.

I get that your synth's quirk is "tough love", but the idea of tough love is a purely human thing. It isn't logical from a robot's perspective, nor would it be programmed as a personality for a support android.

Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for taking the time to apply for the synthetic role. We appreciate having a diverse set of personas among the synthetic collective, however there are some quite serious issues with your application as it currently stands.

1: The Quirk: While interesting, this type of quirk, coupled with the dialogue in the story strikes as bringing potential problems with it. We as synthetics have to be exceptionally careful to avoid actions or dialogue that would be inflammatory to our allies.

2: Play-style: You have an exceptional amount of playtime on the server and I fully believe you when you note that you are proficient in every field needed. The issue here is that I personally only have the recollection of you as playing Military Police. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I distinctly remember your playstyle in said role being excessively authoritarian and I fear that would carry over into your synthetic playstyle.

I apologize, but with the specific quirk you picked, coupled with your play-style in a role already involving it, I just feel there would be too many complications.

STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first draft had leo speaking more softly and passively, but I decided that their quirk didn't show well enough their mannerisms in talking with superiors vs subordinates, you're both right that i counter corrected far too hard, and should have found a better middle ground

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Driker View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to apply for the synthetic role. We appreciate having a diverse set of personas among the synthetic collective, however there are some quite serious issues with your application as it currently stands.

1: The Quirk: While interesting, this type of quirk, coupled with the dialogue in the story strikes as bringing potential problems with it. We as synthetics have to be exceptionally careful to avoid actions or dialogue that would be inflammatory to our allies.

2: Play-style: You have an exceptional amount of playtime on the server and I fully believe you when you note that you are proficient in every field needed. The issue here is that I personally only have the recollection of you as playing Military Police. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I distinctly remember your playstyle in said role being excessively authoritarian and I fear that would carry over into your synthetic playstyle.

I apologize, but with the specific quirk you picked, coupled with your play-style in a role already involving it, I just feel there would be too many complications.

I try my best as an MP to follow the rules laid out in marine law and SOP, I'm not the best, or smartest, but I do try to get along with people ICly, i frequently try to let people off for minor offenses when they aren't done with malicious intent and I almost never brig new players for not knowing where to get proper uniforms, misfires, etc, If you have specific examples of me being an authoritarian as an MP I'd appreciate an example

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for applying for the Synthetic WL, your app was fairly good and is a good starting point for any applicant, but I do agree w/ Driker's points to some extent.

I barely see you play any support roles beyond MP outside of the application. These concerns apply especially when you want to play a "tough love" and strict Synthetic, although I shouldn't judge you based on that alone.

I want you to get more involved, get more experience in different departments and develop a healthy amount of recognition for them, and also take other examples of similar Synthetics for your story; try Kineem's, or even my character, so you can really separate yourself from a human's emotions for your character.

-1, please revise the personality and get more active outside of a limited scope of support departments (ie, play other support, stop playing MP only).

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticdude View Post
    Thank you for applying for the Synthetic WL, your app was fairly good and is a good starting point for any applicant, but I do agree w/ Driker's points to some extent.

I barely see you play any support roles beyond MP outside of the application. These concerns apply especially when you want to play a "tough love" and strict Synthetic, although I shouldn't judge you based on that alone.

I want you to get more involved, get more experience in different departments and develop a healthy amount of recognition for them, and also take other examples of similar Synthetics for your story; try Kineem's, or even my character, so you can really separate yourself from a human's emotions for your character.

-1, please revise the personality and get more active outside of a limited scope of support departments (ie, play other support, stop playing MP only).
    erm, I don't have hard data, but MP is not the only thing I play by far, I play a ton of different roles, including MT, squad engineer, nurse, staff officer, I know i like to meme about MP bow a lot, but I imagine it's an association loop thing, since you only look for me playing MP you only ever notice me playing MP

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    erm, I don't have hard data
    In fact you do have hard data, as playtimes have been tracked in game since late september. Therefore all the data is easily viewable by you under the "show playtimes" button in the lobby.

One question before I decide on a vote;

You are playing as a synth survivor, and the ship synth comes and asks you what happened on the colony. What do you say to them? Let's say you tried to hold out with another survivor but they ended up dying, and you barely escaped to the LZ with your life. Anything else you can make up. (map etc)

Also, I have to say I agree with Jakkkk that calling an engineer an "immature private" simply does not fly for a synth. Something a SEA on a rigorous training course might say? sure. Something a robot specifically designed to help marines as much as it can, and to fit in among them as best as it can, and not alienate itself from them? nope.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang