Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kooarbiter - Synthetic Application

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    In fact you do have hard data, as playtimes have been tracked in game since late september. Therefore all the data is easily viewable by you under the "show playtimes" button in the lobby.

One question before I decide on a vote;

You are playing as a synth survivor, and the ship synth comes and asks you what happened on the colony. What do you say to them? Let's say you tried to hold out with another survivor but they ended up dying, and you barely escaped to the LZ with your life. Anything else you can make up. (map etc)

Also, I have to say I agree with Jakkkk that calling an engineer an "immature private" simply does not fly for a synth. Something a SEA on a rigorous training course might say? sure. Something a robot specifically designed to help marines as much as it can, and to fit in among them as best as it can, and not alienate itself from them? nope.
    being a colony synth, instead of being mindful of rank in all matters, Leo would be mindful of the corporate hierarchy in all matters, they would let the ship synth and the marines know everything they're allowed to know, obfuscating or downplaying anything that might make the company look bad, as well as omitting any classified information about the company or the colony Leo has been given. Leo's primary objectives as a colony synth would be preservation of the colony and protection of the colonists, so Leo would have motivation to give them more information if it means saving as much money and life as possible, and they would need to inform the ship synth of the total known bodycount, including the colonists he failed to save.

If information and research documents show the company was directly responsible for the outbreak, Leo would be ambiguous as to what happened, only informing the marines of the xenomorph presence, and maybe the hive location if he has it, if Leo knows all incriminating evidence has been removed or destroyed, he will make up a believable lie for the marine forces to explain the xenomorph presence on the colony.

It has been shown that some forms of rough motivation, such as soft critisism can work to better motivate certain groups of people, and I don't think synthetics would be above using this kind of motivation if it has been shown to work with certain people. Leo is programmed to want the marines to be the best they can be, and want for ranking marines to be a shining beacon for lower ranked marines to follow, reminding shmuckatelli that he needs to act more mature around privates and the like is within the scope of his programming directives, I made sure to specify he wasn't saying it in a intentionally rude or hurtful way, though I can see how it can be taken as such, I'll make sure to improve the quality of my writing to reduce any ambiguous situations like this in the future.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, I find your answer pretty good, and it shows you have potential for the whitelist. However there are still two main issues with this app, being the story and the competency.

The story I think got a bit too much wrong, it should have toned down the aggression and show your synth as more of an aspiring role model than a hall monitor.

I asked around and only one person was able to say that you were a good medic, and I personally have not seen you as any support role other than MP and from time to time SO.

Come back in a month with an improved story and some notoriety in support and I will gladly give this a +1, but for now I can't.

Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you plan on reapplying sometime in the future, please take the following into account:

Synthetics serve the marine force aboard the USS Almayer, they don't antagonize them through their behavior and actions, as dictated by their programming snd their personality quirk, which needs to be something appropriate to the synthetic's purpose. Just because it isn't outright rulebreaking doesn't make it automatically appropriate.

That being said, props where it's due, comprehensive marine law knowledge is very important for all synthetics, so it is always good to see an applicant who will assuredly not go around ostensibly violating marine law.

However, this brings me to my third and final point, besides me not hearing much about you playing roles other than MP and staff officer at all, you have virtually no community support. When I asked various players about you, pretty much nobody supported your app getting accepted, claiming you have a bad reputation as a player overall and criticising your attitude and conduct on the forums here. That needs to change completely and you need to lose your current rep and become more known as a good and reliable support roles player, if you wish to befome a synthetic.

This application is denied.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!