User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fix survivor for the love of god.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fix survivor for the love of god.

I know there's a gitlab for suggestions. I'm posting this anyway.

First, here's a list of things that have fucked survivors in not-no-recent memory.

1. Larva evo rate was sped up.

2. Larva evo point requirement was split in half. Now you got xenos attacking survivors about a minute into the game, often before survs can even get the supplies they need to stand a fighting chance.

3. Evo rate sped up for xenos in general. Now survs are facing t3s at 18 minutes instead of 25.

4. Maturity was removed. No more grace period fending off young and mature xenos.

5. The marine population adjustment lowered the numbers of survivors, and the min survivor cap of 3 was removed. Now there's only 1 or 2 survivors on low/med pop.

6. Sentinel neuro was buffed in general and against unarmored humans, ie survs. Now one sentinel can easily lock down 2-3 survivors with their air splash. The ready weapon delay makes it almost impossible to shoot the sentinel between neuro shots. This has made single sentinels more of a problem for survs than every t3 except for praes.

7. Handheld radio functionality was removed. Much less likely to contact other survivors on big maps.

8. Hacking vendors used to only take about 3 seconds, now it takes about 13 precious seconds where the surv is totally vulnerable.

9. Most smallhosts were removed. Now all non-drone xenos got nothing better to do than crawl right up the surv's ass at roundstart.

Now here's a list of updates that have helped survivors:

1. All survs start with a shotgun.

2. A few extra boxes of ammo around the map.

3. ...

I get that the only reason the surv role exists is to give the xenos some early game entertainment, but it isn't going to be very entertaining for them when surv players all start hiding in lockers or setting their surv pref to Never, which is what's going to happen if this role doesn't get a little bit of love.
    Last edited by Dogar; 11-26-2020 at 11:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont have complaints other than the neuro sentinels rushing airsplash to capture survivors even in a 2v1 scenario which should not be the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to start off, I totally agree with this.

The largest problem right now in my opinion is the larva rushing of survs. Prior to this sweaty culture/balance of larva being able to rush, you would easily have 3-4 minutes before the weakest t1s started knocking. In my opinion the "grace period" should be about five to seven.

Current grace period is literally the time it takes a roundstart larva to reach 60 evoticks (about two minutes?)

larva evo slowdown off weeds needs to get reintroduced
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i feel like balancing for survivors over xeno vs. marines is a waste of time. the buff wasnt to nerf survivors it was to nerf the marines. I feel like the xenos winrate has gone up (which is good). also its really lame when the survivors frag the entire hive before the marines land

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There could be easly nerfs/buffs to surv vs xeno that doesn't affect marines at all, like slower evo speed for first few minutes and faster evo speed for few minutes after 12:15.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Survivors exist to die

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    I feel like the xenos winrate has gone up (which is good)
    WATCH OUT BOYS WE GOT A XENOMAIN IN THE THREAD

There are ooc rules about survs not being allowed to rush the hive, we should also add some ooc rules about xenos not being able to larvarush survs as well
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Von Fusegana View Post
    Things like this are the reason I go alone as a survivor. People absolutely suck

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Von Fusegana View Post
    I keep watching this over and over again.

Its mesmerizing the level of fail you have to achieve in this game to not only FF two people in a row, but then get beaten down by a runner despite wearing the equivalent of heavy armor.