User Tag List

Thread: Reverse Xeno Round. Maybe call it "Invasion"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reverse Xeno Round. Maybe call it "Invasion"?

Basically a new mode where instead of Marines attacking we have the reverse. Xenos.

This would be like a continuation of rounds were Xenos win. After infesting the USS Almayer and killing the Marines, the ship's onboard computers that are still active, prepares the ship to jump to the nearest Colony (lets say on the Colony there's an ongoing conflict between the CLF and Loyalist Militia and the CLF won.... or maybe WY personnel defending against rogue Freelancers? Or just plain ol' Civilian militia vs Freelancers and draw a truce when the USS Almayer appears).

Whatever groundforces are on the Colony, upon realizing the ship is not answering to any hails and a DS is dropping (filled with Xenos), they then have to attack and clear out the Xenos off the Colony and into the Almayer to reclaim it, or defend long enough to arm maybe a anti ship missile aimed at the Almayer?

Yes. I'm high on sugar right now. Watcha think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its a good idea. Maybe the next map could be something like this. All the maps look different but this would actually be a different scenario. Seems cool to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sound like Whiskey Outpost with extra steps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antrixx View Post
    I think its a good idea. Maybe the next map could be something like this. All the maps look different but this would actually be a different scenario. Seems cool to me.
    Yeah man that or devs finally roll out a UPP mode vs Xenos mode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PineTree View Post
    Well with exception that Xenos aren't cuddled.... maybe they get more noodles? I dunno.... then again I can see some problems arise like balance....do whatever is human crash land the ds same as xenos?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PineTree View Post
    and instead of waiting for the full moon to play WO, we can have this game mode switch things up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem with this mode is it's pretty much just a horde mode and it gets incredibly stale after awhile.
    Whiskey outpost was always fun for a round or two, but got extremely boring quite quickly without Admin intervention.

I think rather than marine's being invaded or attacked it'd be better if it was a simple colony with low tier weapons, relying more on defenses, welding doors, creating barriadas and "slowing down" the xenos until help arrived.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    I think rather than marine's being invaded or attacked it'd be better if it was a simple colony with low tier weapons, relying more on defenses, welding doors, creating barriadas and "slowing down" the xenos until help arrived.
    Not a bad idea actually....this would be more in line and probably be vibing like Alien (1st movie) and Alien Isolation... would make survivors not useless anymore.... hell we could call it survivor mode or something

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by recounted View Post
    and instead of waiting for the full moon to play WO, we can have this game mode switch things up.
    imagine waiting for WO and not skipping it when some sadist decides to run it

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obama gaming