User Tag List

Thread: Mormaethor - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mormaethor - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    mormaethor
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Kaori 'Mad Dog' Yamashita
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    -
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    MP
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    ben11567
    Total Ban Duration
    perma
    Remaining Duration
    perma
    What other servers do you play on?
    TG, Aurora
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    No idea
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    I shot a marine who stole my tac shotgun immediately on hijack, threatened me and refused to return it. I tried to stun him repeatedly to no avail. I assume the reason was lag.
    However, on my end, it was displayed as a HIT. I ultimately shot him, AND made sure he got medical attention. He survived, and later on assaulted me. Still, he also reported me and the admin pretty much fried my ass and accused me of not trying to stun him and simply banned me from the entire MP section permanently, even when I showed him a screenshot of the aforementioned tasings.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes for mormaethor
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you can see in the screenshot, multiple attempts with the baton happened. The taser would not have been suitable for the location, and pepper spray is, in my experience, always a bit iffy.

As for the warning, I neither recall the incident nor the warning itself. I might be wrong of course, but I'm pretty sure that didn't happen to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the record, I'm not trying to get around the fact that I did break MP guidelines. I'm trying to state that I got a full ban without provided evidence being properly looked at.

I'd be fine not getting full MP access back. Personally, I'd be okay having to do some 50 supervised hours as normal MP or something. It used to be my main role, and I got completely fried for one serious incident that got twisted to my complete disfavor.
    Also, I *did* revive the marine whom I shot, and he later, during the alien attack, assaulted me. He also, before I started trying to baton him, said something like "If you try to taze me, I will shove it up your ass." So that combined with the theft did of course lead me to trying to tase him, which failed as seen above. And yes, I could have used the pepper spray, but I think we all know that it's easier to judge a situation than to be in it. I honestly did not even think off it back then.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This appeal has been assigned and will be reviewed by the admin team. Apologies for the delay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally fine, you guys already got your hands full with the game and noone is having a great time with the current situation. Take your time.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resolved - Accepted, lifting now.