User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: remove scatter sentinel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as much as i hate being cucked by double scattersent teams who scat once, scat twice to sleep, then repeat on others in your squad so no one wants to rescue you and your fucked, i feel like scatter sent is a symptom of a bigger problem

there is no fucking way to capture marines unless they are hyper bald, since disarm got nerfed to the ground, and warrior no longer grabs for a long time (thank god for that, but still an issue)

so all xenos have left is scatter sent, 10 xenos disarm spamming 1 marine, and queen screech + carrier combo

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Queen screech + carrier can become a pretty nasty trap on big, labyrinthine maps like prison or soro. Because I’ve seen the hugger stun wear off before balder xenos get their hugged cap to hive. And then you have a fully awake unga right on top of your other caps. And unga who is fully immune to the hives defenses (hugger turret and eggs). Who the somewhat bald drone then somehow has to contain on its own before the hive goes up in grenades and the other caps get out/get killed. I’ve seen it happen too often.

But yeah. I otherwise concur with Swagile’s point. Scatter sents are the only reliable way outside of queen pushes that xenos can capture anything but the most bald marines, and get them back to the hive alive. And with the way larvas and numbers work, xenos need reliable ways to get caps, or it’s another 13:00 marine major.

As for the Papa!
    Ok base sent fires faster and its pretty easy to stunlock marines, I know cause I do it all the time. the reason scattersent is considered busted is cause you don't really need to aim to land the shots and despite it not sleeping it does down the marine for a few seconds where any competent sent will just tackle spam to then get a tackle stun on top of the neuroing. It does not need a buff and base sent shouldn't be remove.
    You’re robust and that’s a 1v1 situation. If you’re in a 1v1 situation as a sentinel, you are either fighting a baldie and could win the fight as a drone, or you’re fighting a robust unga who 1) likely has friends nearby and 2) has a 50/50 chance to PB one-tap you. If the unga has the heavy revolver + shotgun combo, you lose that matchup 9 out of 10 times instead. Those odds mean that you are a net detriment to the hive in that situation.

Base sent is actually very good at fending off shotgunners and getting caps from range in dark. (you know the way xenos should be playing using lighting etc)
    Unless the shot gunners have cades. Or flares. Which leaves exactly one actual circumstance in which this situation happens: marines pushing into caves after breaking through the choke point. And yes. Here, the base sentinel is actually pretty good. A shame xenos usually lose when this happens because ungas are murderballing into the hive, so it extremely rarely changes anything about the outcome of the game.

As for the whole its just a xenos PB, yes but unlike a regular PB it doesn't require clicking on the sprite nor to be on the adjacent tile so basically all the risks in doing it are reduced.
    Trying to hit anything more than 2 tiles away as a scatterspitter is pure RNG. Sure, I’ve seen 3 spits hit the same target at 5 tiles, but I’ve also seen all spits miss at 3 tiles. So if you want to really get the full scatterspit advantage as spitter, you gotta PB. Or at least get so close that you are in PB range yourself if the unga jukes you. A dangerous game.

Yes marines do have a numbers advantage but this just makes me ask why you're capping alone against a group of marines?
    I wasn’t referring to doing anything alone.
    Those numbers are my general observation averages from my time observing as mod. Average encounter is 2 xenos fight 5 marines, or 1:2.5 odds. Though obviously not all marines may be active in the fight directly. They are, however, close enough that they are a threat to the xenos if the xenos get too close.

Not too mention you only need to land 2 shots as base sent to blind and slow someone and you also have air blast so groups can easily be handled.
    Yeah, and if you airblast into a group of marines, you have a group of marines shooting back at you, and while in a group being blind and slow doesn’t really stop a marine from burstfiring blindly to make the xenos fall back. And baseline sentinels have no armour. Which is why research tends to have a lot of sentinel corpses in their pod.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    Just remove daze and sleep from scattersent ez game's fixed.
    yeah the exact reason I just stopped playing CM for a bit was because I was playing then scatter sentinel just slept me until I was in hive and nested.
    I was not able to take the fact this shit is even possible to do.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just dodge bro...

Although yeah, scatter sentinels are pretty stronk right now.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyPercent View Post
    ...scatter sent is the Xeno version of pb shotgun, I don’t really see how that’s broken. Or, more precisely, the xeno version of heavy revolver + buck shotgun. Except they have to then drag their target away, and their neuro needs 2-3 pb spits before it reaches saturation levels where the unga can’t get up anymore. Sure, most lone marines won’t be able to escape a scatter sent once they got knocked down once, but that’s why ungas have a 2.5 to 1 numbers advantage in most engagements.
    bro there's 4 heavy loaders in each squad req lol

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    A whole 112 shots for marines to share.

Compared to the 1000+ scattersent spits per round
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    Req usually spawns with a box of ‘em as well. Plus another 4+. And they’re pretty cheap to order from ASRS, though admittedly that doesn’t tend to happen. That gets 4-6 heavy revolver marines. Xenos only extremely rarely tend to have more than 2-3 scatter sents, even during high pop. And those sents usually want to become boilers, anyhow.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    snip
    You are aware that as soon as comboing heavy revolver bullets with buckshot becomes popular, they will get nerfed ASAP?

Wanna know why slugs "earned" their nerfs? Pure slug builds were too good? No. Robustos used them alongside buckshot, usually two shotguns, one loaded with buck, other with slug.

As soon as few marines will actively pick that loadout and will use it fairly effectively, it will get nerfed. So great solution, really.

Also lets ignore the fact that heavy revolver bullet affects only T1s and few T2s, while Scatter Sent affects each and every human.
    And surerly there is only 2-3 scatter sents during high pop, of course, the most cheesy T1 with the most powerfull ability is rarerly picked, how would they? Its not like every other T1 is weak in comparsion.

Nobody asks for too much. Personally I would nerf scatter sent drag speed, shorten sleep to reasonable 10 seconds and disable vore. Then its fine and dandy, because that would promote teamwork on benos, where you would need atleast one another beno help you cap, both in 1vs1 scenario as in during normal combat where other benos act like meatshield and distraction.
    Simillary it was applied to Queen where her problem was adressed and fixed by reducing its drag speed, because neurospam drag was annoying and broken.

Its super dumb to excuse one bullshit mechanic, because other bullshit mechanic exist on the other team. Its like benomain level dumb.
    Benomains now might complain about primary flamer tank, because basically only two castes can fight it, one being Queen and the other being Rav. Should we keep blue fire tank in the same state, because Scatter Sentinel exists? No, we need to fix them both.
    Or lets get back to the past. LTB cannon roundstart on tank was OP, but hey, mutators were also OP, so lets keep both of those shitty annoying things, because one excuse another instead of fixing the problem.

If scatter sent and heavy revolver + buckshot is too good/OP, then nerf both of them. Don't fucking excuse one bullshit with another bullshit existing.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also remove scattersent ventcrawl
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Req usually spawns with a box of ‘em as well. Plus another 4+. And they’re pretty cheap to order from ASRS, though admittedly that doesn’t tend to happen. That gets 4-6 heavy revolver marines. Xenos only extremely rarely tend to have more than 2-3 scatter sents, even during high pop. And those sents usually want to become boilers, anyhow.
    Is this true? I ask for heavy loaders from req like every other round and they never have them.