Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now I'm Pissed, Royally Pissed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I'm Pissed, Royally Pissed

So this is basically just a thread filled with the things that irritate me as a Xeno/Marine player about CM over the years, hopefully other people will view this and offer feedback but who knows. The way this'll work is I'll state the topic then list a couple things about it before saying why I dislike it and then suggesting possible changes. I'm not a coder or a dev or any of that shit so for all I know my suggestions might not even be possible. You'll notice that the majority of these topics will be centred around marine gameplay. I'll also be trying my best to type smart so if I use big words and sound like a pretentious cunt it's cause I'm doing it on purpose.

I'll start off with probably the biggest aspect of CM that a lot of people have problems with and that's capping/nesting.
    -Caps are worth 2 larva if pooled
    -Caps no longer need to be watched due to permanent nesting
    -Devouring a marine now applies a 2 or 3 second stun when they're regurgitated
    -KO times Hugged (50s) Neuro (30s) but resets after each neuro.

So I actually love the idea of having a single cap be worth 2 larva as it definitely helps with high pop rounds and helps xenos make comebacks in rounds where they got off to a shaky start. However, with the current state on how easily caps can be acquired I feel that having them also be permanently nested is a horrible design choice. I understand that nest shenanigans can be annoying and certainly these days with the number of players you do need as many xenos as possible at the front but given how easy it is for xenos to rebuild their numbers I really dont see why you cant have a sentinel sit back at the hive watching nests for any escape attempts, especially given how good scattersent currently is.
    So for the KO times I've always disliked the length of them especially the hugger, I simply believe that given the kind of game CM is where you need every second you can get 50 seconds feels like a lifetime and the 30 second sleep from a neuro blast is also painful simply because of how overkill it is. And to add onto that even if you do wake up from a neuro/hug inside a xeno you're now stunned upon being regurgitated and I honestly don't know why this feature was added as i've never had an issue whilst playing where I believe this change would be necessary.

My suggested changes would be the removal of permanent nesting but increasing the time it takes for escaping a nest from what it used to be, I would also reduce the KO times Hugging would be reduced from 50 seconds to 30 and neuro will be reduced from 30 seconds to 10, the reason I choose 10 seconds for neuro was due to its ability to be reset when hit by another neuro blast and that 10 seconds is still more than adequate time for a sentinel to devour and move towards a carrier/eggmorpher or trap for capping.

The next topic is that of the tank.
    -large 3x3 object that block bullets
    -slow moving
    -can only be combated by a few xeno castes (depending on loadout)
    -often causes large amounts of FF or allows for marines to be attacked/capped
    -Pathing problems

Now I am stoked about vehicles and do think they're pretty fucking neat and appreciate all the effort put into them but at the same time they've completely changed certain aspects of the game just to accommodate them. I want to make it clear this isn't focused on the power aspect of the tank as like most things in CM it can be OP if the right person is using it but likewise can also be a huge detriment. So to start off since its introduction the tank has completely changed how FOBs and cadelines get built, no longer are cadelines built with one plasteel cade on either end of the line but instead with three cades at one section. At first you may ask "why is this a problem?" and well the reason cadelines where built with plasteel cades at the ends was so that if something was preventing use of one of the cades (boiler gassing, flames) marines could still move between the cadelines. this becomes a problem when you take into account the cost of plasteel from req which only comes in stacks of 30 (1 cadeline/3 plasteel cades) since I've started playing again its became a common sight to see an entire cadeline get abandoned and then breached simply because a boiler manages to gas the 3 plasteel cades preventing marines from moving up.

My suggestion is to change the amount of plasteel per crate to at the very least 40. This isn't like a huge grievance of mine but I honestly wish cadelines and defences didn't have to be built for the tank and instead by built for what's effective.

The next part of the tank topic is its pathing, CM maps tend to be horrible when it comes to access for the tank forcing marines to deconstruct and blow up entire areas just to allow the tank to move forward. I know that maps are being updated and made to allow for better tank pathing and I understand from a gameplay perspective given the tank all access would just be retarded.
    My suggestion is to simply add more "open" areas. Not like barrens open but definitely at least 5or6 tile wide areas or change some 1or2 wides corridors into 3 wides. Just to give the tank more breathing room and options since on the majority of the maps, once the marines push into caves the tank can no longer push and in the case of CORSAT is just walled off from advancing.

All those Slows
    -Weeds
    -Xeno abilities
    -Slight health damage
    -Xenos speed buffed

Next topic is the amount of slowing effects you can receive as a marine, I do think weeds should slowdown marines but not to the extent that they currently do. I don't like how certain xenos (lurker/crusher) have abilities that can apply slow effects given how they already move faster. And the health slow from taking the slightest bit of damage is a bit dumb. Honestly with the amount of slows marines can get it makes light armour feel redundant until you equip any other armour and realise that yes, whilst I might walk like a crippled grandma in light armour I can at least walk.

My suggestion, reduce the amount of slow hive weeds give and remove the slow effect from certain xenos *cough cough*

Pylons
    -block mortars/cas
    -Allow for recov nodes

as a xeno I love 'em as a marine I question why they where even implemented, this is more to do with the CAS denying effect pylons have. The purpose of CAS and OBs isn't to kill but to clear an area to allow for marines to push, OBs are slow to fire and cover a wide area CAS on the other hand allows for smaller clearing at a more frequent rate. So it really confuses me when the main tools marines have for clearing a choke to allow them to push is now cancelled out by an easy and quick to build structure that can be deconstructed and placed all over the map.

Basically its like one of those chicken or the egg scenarios; Marines need CAS to push > Marines have to push to get CAS > Marines have pushed and destroyed pylon > Marines can now CAS to let them push the area they just pushed.

Suggestion, fucked if I know allow for recov nodes to be placed on normal weeds? Maybe have it so Pylons only prevent a certain amount of CAS shots from landing?

Squad reqs and Almayer design
    -Large amounts of wasted space
    -Do not serve their intended purpose

So I've bundled these two together, squads reqs where built to reduce the req rush which I can only imagine how long those queues would be in todays CM. However the way the current squad req system is laid out is in complete contradiction to how it is used. Personally instead of having the dump or an engi hacking the shit just simply make it so the vendors are accessible to the entire squad to begin with, then allow them to vend in a first come fist serve kinda way or add an additional points/credit system like on PFC vendors.

For the Almayer I love its design especially the layout of preps compared to those scuffed Sulaco preps especially that wonky delta prep. But so many rooms on the Almayer have no purpose, the entire upperdecks northside is completely overlooked on the majority of CM rounds. A more compact Almayer rework would be great to have.

Almayer siege
    -final part of a round
    -Can cause rounds which are stomps to be delayed

short and sweet, add a concede vote. There are a lot of times where the result of an Almayer siege are obvious and the majority of players in the server would rather just start a new round rather than be delayed a further 20minutes. I'd say give the concede vote either as an Admin or mod thing or as a CO WL thing. This is to simply cut down on wasted time or end rounds no one wants to continue playing.

Charlie squad
    -Pink
    -Incompetent but not in the way Alpha is scuffed
    -Breakfasts

Charlie squad since moving from mint to pink is just a disgusting marine nerf that no dev wishes to address.

My suggestion, remove them and just have a bunch of HEFA boxes where the Charlie prep would be.

So I'm gonna end it here, if anyone actually read this and made it this far congrats and thanks for actually fucking y'know reading this shit. Fucking I know this is a proper nerdy rant and shit but its stuff I've wanted to get off my chest. yadda yadda over all I do enjoy CM I get tonnes of laughs from all the dumbshit that goes on and yes it does infuriate me at times but still.

Thanks.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    um true
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agree
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Johnny Bravo's not getting his game this happens.

On a serious note, if we are to remove permanest then I think we should increase the starting xeno number by a bit so that the extra number can spend time guarding the nests.

Pylons should remove the blocking radius and instead give 50% damage reduction on xenos under it, or 35% reduction with stun removal. No damage reduction on structures, traps and the like. I dunno, blocking CAS or OB is a bad idea-ish and memeable since you can laze on it or next to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do like your ideas better, the only problem with upping the current xeno starting numbers is the 30v30 lowpop rounds you sometimes get.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont want permanest,,, this post is good
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    e a sports

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Pollard View Post
    I do like your ideas better, the only problem with upping the current xeno starting numbers is the 30v30 lowpop rounds you sometimes get.
    You dont need a major bump in numbers, just 2-4 will do.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i hate permanesting xd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    perma nest sucks