User Tag List

Thread: Dusanking123 - CO Whitelist rules (BE)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dusanking123 - CO Whitelist rules (BE)

Player Report
    Your Byond ID?
    driecg36

Date of Incident
    November 27, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Vaughn Tilton

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Dusanking123

Accused Character Name
    Connor Anderson

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    2130-2200

What rule(s) were broken:
    CO Whitelist rules (BE)

Description of the incident:
    This round I was playing tank crewman and Dusanking123 was playing CO. Me and the other CO had been upset at the CO for ignoring us completely the entire operation and abandoning us in the underground section of ice for over half an hour despite us calling for help numerous times. We, had this point, had admittedly complained about the CO in squad comms to absolutely no response from command. The other VC did say the CO should be murdered in one channel (which the CO admitted he had not heard in dchat), but I never indicated any violent intent or advocated for mutiny in ANY CHANNEL (though me and the other VC discussed it in LOOC and I had ahelped asking if I could join one were there one).

We finally manage to get out of the underground, and back onto the ship. Mind you, at this point there is an event hive loose on the Almayer and a full on outbreak of cultists, and we are ready to assist. Before we can even drive off the Alamo, the warden runs onto it and clamps down our tank, which begins the incident. Upon asking why our tank has been clamped down, we are told to exit the tank and not given a reason, despite us asking numerous times why. The CO has already BE'd at least two marines this round, so I am reserved about exiting it. I only discuss this in command comms, I do not try to incite mutiny among marines or even tell anyone that this is happening.

After some discussion, I give in and announce my intent to surrender over command comms. I exit the tank, and stand perfectly still proclaiming my intent to surrender while the warden clumsily fumbles for their flash (I had plenty of opportunity to resist, but I didn't). The MP then flashes me onto the ground, and starts to grab me, most likely to cuff me. The CO then barges into the alamo, pushes aside the MP, grabs me and drag me out of sight of the tank gunner (who, separate from me, never left the tank and was never punished). I then tell him again I am surrendering peacefully, and he just says "Still" and executes me while I'm on the ground, flashed.

I believe that while I was guilty of insubordination and disrespecting a superior, I never once tried to convince marines to mutiny or overthrow legitimate command. I not only fit none of the three requirements for a BE (I was not attempting/advocating to overthrow command, I was not a threat to the operation, and I was surely not a threat to personnel). Beyond that, the player in question is ABSOLUTELY STRETCHING the idea of "not in MP custody." I was flashed, on the ground, not resisting, about to be cuffed by an MP as he dragged me AWAY from the MP to execute me. While I was not restrained at the very moment, the only reason I wasn't was because the CO desperately wanted to execute me to the point where he had to PUSH past an MP to do it. I think that this shows clear ill intent on his part and is the most telling part of this report.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    How you would punish the accused:
    I would absolutely remove their Commodore rank and strip them back down to CPT as well as a heavy warning. Blatant BE hunting like this is not acceptable behavior for someone on the CO whitelist much less a full commodore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Me and the other CO"

Meant me and the other VC, pardon any confusion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warden here, my orders were to clamp the tank as soon as it was up and to flash and drag you out of the tank if possible. I was not going to arrest or cuff you, just hand you over to the CO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Herro, I was the XO.

Now, the CO didn't really abandoned you. I requested them to go ship side, since a admiral had arrived to the brig to evaluate the MPs and their procedures. At which point, I come to the realization that a massive xeno swarm was being formed in research. During which time, a push to the underground sections, with a force of 20+ marines were accompanied by your location and so forth (I even stated that the front was at your location, i.e, dorms elevator). Given that and the nature of how much xenos were left since last bio scan, it is safe to say that the CO didn't leave you entirely.

Command was busy during this op, since I had to delegate a lot of ship side issues. We haven't forgotten about you, and your previous VC, which mind you, got gibbed by a glacial queen; there was a point in which I asked the CO about tank parts, but they decided that spec kits were more suitable for the situation (this was before you and the marine force was heading underground). At some point, we did hear about your disrespect and insubordination, but the CO and I were busy at that point with the upcoming threat of the research xenos.

By the time that you've arrived to the ship, all hell broke loose and the xenos have practically taken full control of the upper portions of the ship. You screamed on command comms about how the MW was powertripping, even though the CO stood by their previous issues of arrest, and even stated it outside of your tank. The use of executions, and I quote from marine law "The Commander or Chief MP must make a ship-wide announcement informing the crew of the intent to execute the prisoner, why, and the execution method. During Delta Alert, threats mandating evacuation, or an hostile force is approaching, or onboard the ship this procedure may be ignored." there was a hostile presence within the ship, and is considered valid for the accusation to use lethal force on possible prisoners.

TLR, I see it valid. Undermining the authority of the commanding officer, especially during a time in which their is a hostile presence within the ship is justified to use battlefield executions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the other VC complained about not getting LTB and saying some stupid shit in command comms (this was the second one after the first was gibbed, by the way, but still the same player) we were literally never acknowledged again in the command channel until the arrest. We were in the middle of enemy territory with 0 support after the marines were ordered to go back up the elevator (we awaited a second elevator to not crush the marines inside) which did not come until a random charlie engineer happened upon the elevator shaft 30 minutes later. During this entire time, we asked command to help us on every channel (as even a single ravager or the queen could easily take us out since we had no retreat route or support, again) which were met with no response. I think complaining about this was valid, though it was also a crime.

Yes, we did yell over command comms. We had our tank actively immobilized (and thus rendered defenseless) in what could potentially become a combat situation at any moment. Not only that but we hadn't even exited the Alamo so we were at a risk of the alamo being called down to the surface with us on it, which would be our certain death. I think alarm in this case was more than reasonable. Also, it was once again the other VC that accused them of powertripping, I simply freaked out and asked why they did it.

"The Commander or Chief MP must make a ship-wide announcement informing the crew of the intent to execute the prisoner, why, and the execution method. During Delta Alert, threats mandating evacuation, or an hostile force is approaching, or onboard the ship this procedure may be ignored"

This doesn't throw out the other qualifiers to the BE, just the need to announce it. I still didn't actively try to undermine his authority. I temporarily refused an order of dubious legality while the CO placed us in a dangerous situation without even telling us why. As far as I'm aware, BE's exist to eliminate immediate threats to the ship, personnel, or your operation. Someone who is actively surrendering is none of those things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You wanna know what's really funny?

There is no legality or severity of what is considered worthy of a battlefield execution within both the COs about section, or the SOP; the only mention of executions was marine law, which can be bypassed since it's a battlefield execution.

https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Standard_Operating_Procedure#
    https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Commanding_Officer

Under rule 16. Battlefield execution, "Whitelisted Commanding Officers are allowed to instantly kill any player at any time if the player fulfills the conditions found in Marine Law. Excessive or poorly-reasoned battlefield executions (such as BEing MPs over a valid arrest) may end with the Commanding Officers being removed from the whitelist."

Under per marine law, you refused an order to leave in regards of them being a supposed "cultist", which is undermining their authority; not to mention you're in a position that controls a massive weapon, that could easily do a lot of damage~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "There is no legality or severity of what is considered worthy of a battlefield execution within both the COs about section, or the SOP; the only mention of executions was marine law, which can be bypassed since it's a battlefield execution."

"Under rule 16. Battlefield execution, "Whitelisted Commanding Officers are allowed to instantly kill any player at any time if the player fulfills the conditions found in Marine Law. Excessive or poorly-reasoned battlefield executions (such as BEing MPs over a valid arrest) may end with the Commanding Officers being removed from the whitelist.""

You just contradict yourself here. The rule specifically says the conditions in marine law can't be bypassed or the CO will risk being removed from the whitelist.

Not only was I not the gunner of the tank, but the only reason the CO was even able to BE was specifically because I followed his order to leave the tank (albeit with delay). I was never in control of the gun, and I absolutely wasn't once I left the tank. The argument that I was capable of massive damage doesn't hold water. Once again, at the moment of the BE/attempted arrest, I was not a threat, I was not undermining command, and I was obeying orders. All of these things are undeniably true. At the end of the day, the CO Battlefield executed a non-mutineer marine who was so little of a threat he actively surrendered himself without any violence.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After discussion with the Council and due to the staff run events ongoing during this round, with both myself and Nanu overseeing elements of the round in various capacities, I'm going to waive this report.

You heavily insinuated the captain was under the influence of foreign powers by calling him a cultist and Nanu who was an Admiral aboard the ship at the time approved Legal Execution to deal with you. The MPs however did not take action to detain you, and you were consequently Battlefield Executed.

Denied. No punishment will be applied to Dusanking123.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001