Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Felix is going offline

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Felix is going offline

I just caught a 4 week ban (now 3 week see edit) for failing to "follow synth guidelines" of self preservation because I survived Ice water that should not hurt me anyways, survived being slashed; and then was killed by a marine who purposely killed me to grief me (and said as much and was killed for continuing to try and kill me).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhQg...ature=youtu.be

This is a long road of this, and in a nutshell:

1. I am tired of the synth council taking clips that I make that are funny and out of context and then grilling me in pm's; punishing me, and suspending me. They have specifically used my clips to do so and said as much.
    2. They apply rules sporadically and inconsistently. I have been told "distances are semantics" when it comes to frontline and that I am violating the rules by "dying or getting put into near death health and violating one of the core rules that synths have to follow while frontlining". However, it's fine for some synths to go to the nest, talk to the queen, then get gibbed. But I get warrior thrown over a cadeline and I'm getting a tell about it.
    3. Synthcouncil has made it clear that the amount of time you play has no bearing on things like above. I have 50 hours of synthplay, but I get a MONTH suspension for 50 seconds of gameplay. Other blatant combat synthing has gotten far less punishment. My 2nd is for a month suspension.
    4. The same council that is cracking down on "bad play" is the same group of people who thought it was fine that a staff member said he was thinking of removing the whitelist. Why was I, a normal member, way more verbal and defensive of the list that the people who care so much about it?

Edit

They talked it over and lowered it to three weeks. Still not super happy about it but less mad than I was. You might see me around but maybe I need this break
    Last edited by BeardedWall; 11-30-2020 at 12:41 AM.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm, I feel as if this is something that should be brought up in a direct dialogue between you and the Council as a whole. While I'm at no position to judge the validity of things, it does seem odd to hear.

Always sad to see someone depart over certain inconveniences, though I'm confident that this is something that can be resolved.

Though if not, well, see you in space, gamer.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Massive dick move to not let you play over the Christmas holidays.

o7
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad to hear. Had fun rounds either playing with you or watching you in dchat as well as interacting with you, o7 gamer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear this man, wished things turned out better. Hope to see when you come back man, always was fun to RP with you man.
    o7

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, you were a big marine buff, devs had better get on this now we're losing the best synth we've got.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can physically feel the xenomains cheering.

RIP Felix. He was a robutt, but he was OUR robutt.
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Felix is literally the only synth I recognize and think "oh, good thing he's he's around". If you're getting punished, then there's something wrong with the rules.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outdated vague rules :tro:
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfanner View Post
    Hm, I feel as if this is something that should be brought up in a direct dialogue between you and the Council as a whole. While I'm at no position to judge the validity of things, it does seem odd to hear.

Always sad to see someone depart over certain inconveniences, though I'm confident that this is something that can be resolved.

Though if not, well, see you in space, gamer.
    It has been brought up after the initial vote, and we've decided to reduce the punishment to three weeks.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!