User Tag List

Thread: araclain - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

araclain - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    araclain
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Brooke Wells, David Flashman
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    -
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    N/A (I have a xeno jobban now I think but I don't give a fuck about that)
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    -
    Total Ban Duration
    forever
    Remaining Duration
    fiveever
    What other servers do you play on?
    N/A
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    No.
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No.
    Reason for Ban
    "Access denied. Banned by host."
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Starting in early 2018, I played a lot of CM. Probably too much. It was, overall, a fantastic experience. The following January Bancrose convinced to apply to the CO whitelist, which I received sometime around March AFAIR, and that subsequently became my primary role (along with SL). This was the beginning of a downward spiral. Playing CO was amazingly fun, but I was constantly put into conflict with *everyone* on the server, which often spilled into OOC. I found myself chafing against almost everyone I was playing with and against, including some of the moderators--although I still followed the rules and tried to work as hard as I could to maintain RP standards as a marine. This was also the period in which there was a massive influx of new players and I was getting fed up with endless lowRP softgriefing. Finally, around September, two of my OOCbuddies quit the game.

I continued playing the game regularly even as my enjoyment plummeted. I received my first tempban around this time; and eventually, after an amazingly successful round as Queen, ended up getting into an argument with a moderator over "low xeno RP" (AKA saying admittedly very silly things in chat while simultaneously making sure my hive didn't metagame). I don't know what the current status of xeno RP is these days, but being confronted by a moderator in this situation, in which no rules were broken and everyone had fun, made me extremely angry. This was the culmination of many months of frustration. And I needed a break. I dared him to perma me, the situation was escalated to a senior moderator (I think), he threatened a xeno ban, and the notion that my behavior in that round was somehow worthy of a ban--a round in which everyone had fun--was the final straw. I dared him to perma me again, and he did. It was almost a relief.

My intention is to provide context rather than excuses. Nothing that I *did* in that round was worthy of a ban, but I'll admit my comportment was not particularly friendly. It hadn't been for months.

That was last October, I think. It's been over a year. I've had my break. Although I'm much busier now than I was back then, I still find myself wanting to get back to the Almayer--perhaps now in more moderate doses--regularly. I want to flex on some xenos. And I miss the community. So here I prostrate myself before you.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assigned for admin discussion.

Edit due to thread move: Appeal accepted
    Last edited by forest2001; 12-27-2020 at 12:13 PM.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001