User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me out here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help me out here

Okay, I am trying to figure things out here.

So, xenos were not as strong as they were meant to be.. so xenos get mutators, alright.
    Now, I decided to play a bit, and ended up playing safe, making it to ancient lurker, and chose mutators with health and armor.
    But, as I dont play perfectly, a marine managed to shoot me as I was fighting in melee.
    I am going to reveal the number of shots it took for them to put me into crit (I'm hoping that my in-depth research does not break the rules): one.

What's the logic here? As a xeno I already have basically zero room for error, marines need plenty of hits to disable and I am gone after one hit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, what did they shoot you with? I doubt an ancient lurker with upgraded health and armor was insta-killed by a buckshot.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he had BC then it's not outside of the realm of possibilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was buckshot, I was put into crit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkermain View Post
    It was buckshot, I was put into crit.
    You can�t determine if it was BC or not unless you see him drop the gun, but it was prolly BC. Buckshot along with standard rounds have insane base damage now, so stacked with BC it�s pretty AIDS.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dream of a day when marine players realize buckshot is better than ever and quit telling us it doesnt do shit tons of damage just because point blank was removed.

Maybe the devs will realize they removed the counter to buckshot in neurotoxin and do something to fix it. Buckshot will land every pellet at 4 tiles range more often than not. Neuro only shoots 5 tiles and misses all the time.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep they already made the changes

Buckshot secondary pellet spread increased so that most of shells land 2 tiles infort of you but quickly spread.
    Maximum and minimum buckshot damage variance has been reduced. It has less chance to instakill and less chance to do almost no damage.
    No other changes were made to buckshot, so it still damages well even at 4-5 tiles, but chance of getting hit by all 4 pellets at that range is close to none even with attachments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think PB was removed.
    "Pointblanking should now spawn correct amount of additional projectiles. " is the last change I see about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PB wasn't removed, but nerfed. It no longer has the bonus 10% damage, and the upfront damage of Buckshot as a whole was nerfed. Though, the weapon rebalance patch that nerfed PB also created a new meme of 4 tile buckshot blast, thanks to the decrease in fall off and spread.

And now, the 4 tile buckshot blast meme has been nerfed. While you can still get damaged at 4 tiles, the chance of you eating all 4 pellets (like before) is near impossible, even with every attachment combo you can think of.

Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 02-02-2019 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Just some pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I was able to survive being shot once before, now I get put into crit even if I take health and armor, so to me this does not qualify as "nerfed".