User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help me out here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what he's getting at is you don't need to wield your weapon to PB. Wield delay only affects how soon you can, well, wield your weapon with both hands after equipping it. It doesn't affect how quickly you can actually equip a weapon.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That Happy Cat View Post
    I think what he's getting at is you don't need to wield your weapon to PB. Wield delay only affects how soon you can, well, wield your weapon with both hands after equipping it. It doesn't affect how quickly you can actually equip a weapon.
    Ya maybe if you click directly on them, but if you click passed them you will miss 1 handing a weapon from 1 tile away ive done it many times

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without a Gyro, you will miss most pellets while shooting a shotgun normally. This is why AGrip is the best attachment for shotgun, and while generally you want to wield your shit before firing it.

This is also the reason why the cases of hands and arms being delimbed have risen greatly ever since the one-handed update.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    learn to dodge and bait shots, it aint hard, they have to pump between shots so after they shoot there is a good few seconds as they repump and then look up to aim, if it's one handed it wont hit you at range, if its two handed they're slower so easier to dodge around, learn to react to your opponents and exploit their weaknesses

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    If it's one handed it wont hit you at range, if its two handed they're slower so easier to dodge around

Gyro is a thing. Also this post was made back in 4 tile cuckshot meme, so the fact that you can't even engage properly from 4 tiles away without the fear of getting stunned can be an oof

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also play lurker a ton, and I've eaten my fair share of PB buckshot. At elder and ancient I've yet to be one-shot crit by it. To the point that I don't actually believe your story.

But in any case, if you main lurker you damn well know what buckshot can do and you damn well know to avoid it. If I see two guys with shotguns near each other, I don't pounce them - not until they're critically far enough apart that I can pounce, slash, and run, before the other one is on top of me with the shotgun.

Shotguns are just about the only thing marines have that will ever kill a good lurker. Your bitching about it is incredible - do you just want all marines to be easy kills that require zero skill or effort to deal with on your own part? Lurker is already 99% untouchable by marines excluding shotguns and the odd explosive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDonkified View Post
    While accuracy change was nice I think the crux of the buckshot issue is its damage. Getting hit by additional pellets takes a good chunk of your health, and that�s without the main buckshot pellet hitting you. Weapons deal a shit ton of damage that is pretty ridiculous, especially early game.
    It is hard to deal with early game (one slip and you die), but late-game most marine weapons don't do enough damage. (Or rather, elder/ancient xenos are too fast and too tanky)

Right now the shotgun is in a great place. It's well balanced and doesn't need any changes beyond whatever QoL issues habitual shotgun users might have. Future balance changes will require another look at shotguns, but as it stands now, there's no problem here.

Other marine weapons are NOT in a good place. Burst fire on most weapons is a direct downgrade compared to single-shot; M41 doesn't hurt elder+ T2's, and especially T3's enough; Miniflamer not setting aliens on fire is a travesty; Pistols are almost wholly useless; The smartgun neither does enough damage nor is accurate enough at range - its only actual use is finishing off crit xenos or fending off living ones that other marines can't shoot because of LOS/FF; Attachment options that slow RoF or movement don't have good enough upsides for the downsides - Recoil Comp in particular is so niche it's almost never used. M41 Stock slowing wielded movement isn't worth it for frontline combat and the stock isn't needed for backline-sniping (which you largely can't do anyways because FF/LOS blocking). Miniscope/Scope is completely worthless against xenos because it savages your RoF/DPS and it takes a good 8+ rounds to put the majority down. Something you'll never do at 12 tiles distance at 1 bullet per second (realistically even worse with byondlag) before the xeno gets into cover (IF you can even land that many hits at that range against a moving alien in the first place).

Right now it's really bad for marines late game, where the only viable killing tool they have against Ravagers, Crushers, and Praetorians are risky-as-fuck buckshot memes or the SADAR. Too much relies on that single SADAR because nothing else available is even remotely as effective.

The game is in a horrible place balance-wise right now, mostly with aliens being too weak to start with, and way, way, way, too strong at mid-late game. This problem is entirely why we have the "metarush" as it is; Equally skilled players on both xeno and marine sides will always be a xeno victory. Apparently that's intended (stupid), but its how you get a 70% xeno win rate. It also means that when good xeno players go against marines, you end up with absolute curb-stomping that isn't fun for anyone.

Devs seriously need to scrap the 70/30 win rate idea. You could -maybe- get away with something like 55/45 and still have balanced gameplay, but not much/any higher (60% win rate for xenos is the absolute maximum I could still see being fun to play, but it's really, really, pushing it). I think this win ratio problem is really a case of people in general just not intuitively understanding how massively slanted 70% vs 30% is. The dev team needs to be way more conservative with their "xenos win more" argument. Aim for 50-55%, not "65+/-5".
    Last edited by Boersgard; 02-07-2019 at 11:56 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boersgard View Post
    I also play lurker a ton, and I've eaten my fair share of PB buckshot. At elder and ancient I've yet to be one-shot crit by it. To the point that I don't actually believe your story.

But in any case, if you main lurker you damn well know what buckshot can do and you damn well know to avoid it. If I see two guys with shotguns near each other, I don't pounce them - not until they're critically far enough apart that I can pounce, slash, and run, before the other one is on top of me with the shotgun.

Shotguns are just about the only thing marines have that will ever kill a good lurker. Your bitching about it is incredible - do you just want all marines to be easy kills that require zero skill or effort to deal with on your own part? Lurker is already 99% untouchable by marines excluding shotguns and the odd explosive.
    There have been 2 cases of when BC Buckshot can legit crit an Elder Lurker and threaten a crit on Ancient Lurker with good RNG damage roll, provided both cases of Lurker don't have Warding on.

1. Before this first nerf to PB: . While the change was "reverted" (but only for Buckshot's additional projectile, not for its main), it was never the same again

2. After this buff to BC : . The extra damage caused by the boosted additional pellets is enough to surpass pre-nerfed PB damage with a normal blast (like seriously, ask good shotgun users like Chance or Chattilon). It was enough to crit Ancient Lurkers (on a decent RNG damage roll) unless they have the full wombo combo of 2x health, 2x armor, Strong Warding

Also you have to understand that aiming head and PBing means that you can get about 10% extra damage out, which again, can add to why OP was critted after 1 blast

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    Also you have to understand that aiming head and PBing means that you can get about 10% extra damage out, which again, can add to why OP was critted after 1 blast
    Aiming "areas" on benos actually means anything besides less chance to hit? This shit is writted nowhere.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Aiming "areas" on benos actually means anything besides less chance to hit? This shit is writted nowhere.
    Normally, with rifle shots, you want to aim chest, because it usually results in higher accuracy. But since PB can't miss (counted as a melee hit), you want to aim head, since it gives like 10% extra damage.

It's not written, this is just experience and some code diving.

Before the weapon rebalance patch, PBing also creates another 10% bonus to your damage, stack that+head aiming+BC+damage roll RNG and you can kill a lot of shit in 1 click.