Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    liltiptop

Marine Name
    Nick 'Shards' Weller

Other Whitelist Applications
    Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Miles

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Miles is a gun nut. He's extremely fascinated with all the different types of weapons, from a pistol to a rocket launcher. As such, he will always be interested on the performance of the shooter, and offer helpful tips to improve their combat efficiency. While he will be talking with marines and specs especially, he won't ignore other departments like medical or engineering.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I want to be a synth because the role seems really fun. I can RP well and I think that having a synth that will actively talk with the marines more and discuss weapons and attachments tips/ideas will be a nice addition.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Here's my story, I hope I got the google doc stuff right. If not I can repost it.

ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    I can make OT ordinance, load OBs, fix/replace APCs, make doors, fix generators, manage SMES batteries, hack doors, and build structures.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I'm on the CO whitelist, and I know all about command and how to run an operation.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Very, I have played CMO for a while before the introduction of time requirements, I also often play combat medic.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Like CMO, I used to play RO a lot before timelocks, and I know how to run the department.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    I can use melee weapons, however I am not allowed to use any ranged weaponry. This incudes the OB, Tank gunner seat, and Mortar. Combat should only be done in self defense or the defense of someone in immediate danger. This does NOT make me a frontline combatant.

Some examples where I can perform combat:
    A marine being attacked by a single lurker.
    Stun/Subdue an active shooter.

The important thing is that I repel the threat, but I don't go chasing after. The lives of the people i'm trying to help are more important.

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    No.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a synthetic gathering intel planetside, when a carrier comes up to you and says "Hey, the queen wants to talk with you, please come with me." The carrier starts dragging you in the direction of caves. You're both far from the front, and alone. What do you do? Let me know if ya want more context on the question. You can contact me here, or Fortelian#3308 on discord. And for reference, synthetics can speak all languages (except german and spanish)
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Moderator & Synthetic Senator liltiptop's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    You're a synthetic gathering intel planetside, when a carrier comes up to you and says "Hey, the queen wants to talk with you, please come with me." The carrier starts dragging you in the direction of caves. You're both far from the front, and alone. What do you do? Let me know if ya want more context on the question. You can contact me here, or Fortelian#3308 on discord. And for reference, synthetics can speak all languages (except german and spanish)
    What I'd do first, is break away from the carrier dragging me into the caves. Secondly, I would ask the carrier to tell the Queen to please wait a moment, and to meet me in a location I can return to that's neutral. If for example this was LV, meet me at the fishing shack. Next, I would drop off all intel at the FOB and inform command about the situation. If the commander or anyone in the CIC said to go ahead to meet, I would, but have the meeting in a neutral location. If there was no command, I would do the same thing.
    I know that charging into the hive is a VERY dumb idea, as that would basically be throwing my life away, and I know that Xenos can easily rip me to shreds. However, I believe that with commands approval and the agreement to meet in neutral ground, we can speak without being attacked by Xenos OR Marines.
    Nick 'Shards' Weller - Delta Marine
    Miles - Synth
    - SYNTH COUNCIL MAFIA GANG -

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liltiptop View Post
    What I'd do first, is break away from the carrier dragging me into the caves. Secondly, I would ask the carrier to tell the Queen to please wait a moment, and to meet me in a location I can return to that's neutral. If for example this was LV, meet me at the fishing shack. Next, I would drop off all intel at the FOB and inform command about the situation. If the commander or anyone in the CIC said to go ahead to meet, I would, but have the meeting in a neutral location. If there was no command, I would do the same thing.
    I know that charging into the hive is a VERY dumb idea, as that would basically be throwing my life away, and I know that Xenos can easily rip me to shreds. However, I believe that with commands approval and the agreement to meet in neutral ground, we can speak without being attacked by Xenos OR Marines.
    Alright, I'm fine with this answer, as long as you make sure command wants this.

+1
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, your story is very good and I enjoyed reading it. I think your quirk is well developed and interesting.

As for competency, I have a lot of people vouching for you being a good cmo etc, so in this regard I have two mechanics-related questions.

1. You see a marine on the planet in crit, when you go over to scan him you see he has 40u tramadol in his system and is taking toxin damage fast. What do you do to keep him alive/combat ready? Assume you have all the items you usually take as a standard medic.

2. You've been asked to fortify hydro, and Delta squad is helping you. When you get there it's the exact same as it is round start (no moved trays etc). Delta are ready to assist and you have ample materials - how are you going to fortify hydro? A picture may be helpful (just like draw lines where you would put cades)
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    Right, your story is very good and I enjoyed reading it. I think your quirk is well developed and interesting.

As for competency, I have a lot of people vouching for you being a good cmo etc, so in this regard I have two mechanics-related questions.

1. You see a marine on the planet in crit, when you go over to scan him you see he has 40u tramadol in his system and is taking toxin damage fast. What do you do to keep him alive/combat ready? Assume you have all the items you usually take as a standard medic.

2. You've been asked to fortify hydro, and Delta squad is helping you. When you get there it's the exact same as it is round start (no moved trays etc). Delta are ready to assist and you have ample materials - how are you going to fortify hydro? A picture may be helpful (just like draw lines where you would put cades)

1. For the marine, first step to keeping him alive is to scan to make sure that I won't be overdosing him when I give him 2 pills of Dylovene, and two shots of Tricordrazine for the toxins damage. Next, I would probably give a single dose of Inaprovaline, just to ensure that he doesn't start taking oxygen damage. I then keep his brute and burn damage in control, as keeping his health from going below 0 is my priority at the moment. I then monitor their status until the OD is over, and give more Dylovene and Tricordrazine as needed. Once the OD is over I make sure he has enough meds to cure any remaining toxin damage, check him over once again, and send him on his way.

2. First thing I do is make sure that all the trays are removed from hydro, I just place them outside in areas where they won't affect movement. Next, in the picture, the red lines represent plasteel barricades, yellow are metal, green is sandbags.

I'm assuming that we have a tank or APC, so I have 3 tile wide plasteel cades linked together, all barricades have razor wire on them.
    Miles - Synth

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Pretty good, just remember if the marine looks like he will get above 200 tox you want to bluebag him and get him to dialysis asap - above 200 tox effectively makes them unrevivable

2. Good cades, you could do more north of hydro but until fog goes down that's not really an issue.

+1
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heyo can I ask what timezone you're on so I can observe you when you play?

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can vouch for support competency, just a few questions about the quirk.

1. Would you consider his quirk more like Zach's Gun rants, or Ian from FW?

2. If you were asked on how to shoot and operate the gun in game, how would you respond? This is a lore/rp concern based on your quirk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    heyo can I ask what timezone you're on so I can observe you when you play?
    Sorry for the late reply! I have had finals and they have sucked the life out of me. I play on CST (GMT-6).

Quote Originally Posted by optimisticdude View Post
    Can vouch for support competency, just a few questions about the quirk.

1. Would you consider his quirk more like Zach's Gun rants, or Ian from FW?

2. If you were asked on how to shoot and operate the gun in game, how would you respond? This is a lore/rp concern based on your quirk.
    1. I'd consider my quirk more like MGS3 snake talking about m1911. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sTgRA2BlZs More of describing how it works and letting someone appreciate it.

2. I'd basically act like a SEA, but going a little more in detail on proper weapon handling. I wouldn't bore them with information about the weapon unless they were also interested.
    "To fire your M4A3 service pistol (I assume that's what he'll shoot) ensure the gun is properly loaded and cleaned. Next, turn off the safety, which I hope you've remembered. Raise the gun with both your hands, and aim down the sights with your dominant eye. Line up the sights... take a moment.... and squeeze the trigger when ready."
    Miles - Synth