Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: liltiptop - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liltiptop View Post
    Sorry for the late reply! I have had finals and they have sucked the life out of me. I play on CST (GMT-6).

1. I'd consider my quirk more like MGS3 snake talking about m1911. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sTgRA2BlZs More of describing how it works and letting someone appreciate it.

2. I'd basically act like a SEA, but going a little more in detail on proper weapon handling. I wouldn't bore them with information about the weapon unless they were also interested.
    "To fire your M4A3 service pistol (I assume that's what he'll shoot) ensure the gun is properly loaded and cleaned. Next, turn off the safety, which I hope you've remembered. Raise the gun with both your hands, and aim down the sights with your dominant eye. Line up the sights... take a moment.... and squeeze the trigger when ready."
    Some fairly good answers for number 1 and 2, although for number 2, an important thing to know is that Synthetics cannot and in RP, don't know how to operate firearms. They could probably recommend holding techniques or maintenance, but cannot mentor for actually firing them as that'd make no sense, if you catch my drift.

Another question: If you were asked by a marine to help you with operating their firearm ICly, what would you do?

Moderator & Synthetic Senator liltiptop's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticdude View Post
    Some fairly good answers for number 1 and 2, although for number 2, an important thing to know is that Synthetics cannot and in RP, don't know how to operate firearms. They could probably recommend holding techniques or maintenance, but cannot mentor for actually firing them as that'd make no sense, if you catch my drift.

Another question: If you were asked by a marine to help you with operating their firearm ICly, what would you do?
    Alright, I think I see what you mean.

For your other question: I think based on this that I might want to go with him to help find the SEA, and then let the SEA give him the basics, and I go into more detail on the weapon. For example, asking to fire a pulse rifle, the SEA would go over how to shoot, and I would go over techniques on rifle maintenance, attachments, and different ammo. If there was no SEA I would try to give the basics, but only go over what I've seen other marines do, but try to go into different ways the bullets travel and pathing. Then I'd take him to the firing range and let him try out his rifle, and answer and questions he has about it.
    Nick 'Shards' Weller - Delta Marine
    Miles - Synth
    - SYNTH COUNCIL MAFIA GANG -

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answer, I think that wraps up all my concerns.

I think you'd make a good Synthetic and would be interesting to RP with provided you can follow through with the informative bits about firearm facts and handling.
    +1

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based quirk.

+1.
    Synthetic Senator

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good app. Awesome, even. The quirk mayhaps even be slapping, as they say.

Accepted. I'm looking forward to seeing you live.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!