User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ben11567 - Commanding Officer Application

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everybody who has given this a +1, I am at home now until after Christmas so should be able to play later hours for those who haven't seen me. For my question answers:

"1-The CL is announcing on squad comms that he is hiring PMCs post-OP. He manages to get a couple marines to sign his paperwork but they are already working for him, instead of post OP like he said previously.
    You go to his office to confront him and he runs away down the hallways. You have 1 newbie MP and minimal CIC staff. What would you do regarding the whole situation (What would you tell marines, the CL, how would you deal with the CL etc) ? Be as detailed as possible.
    "

Assuming minimal CiC staff means one XO and SO I would tell the XO, if they are confident and comfortable commanding, that they have the CiC while I deal with the problem. I would make an announcement to the marines that anybody who signs the CLs contract and refuses to deploy planetside is facing desertion charges and could potentially be executed for their crimes. As for the CL I would inform them that if they continue recruiting USCM marines for their own private command they will be charged with sedition, if at this point they came to CiC and apologised for their actions while agreeing to not recruit any more PMCs I would drop the charge. From what I have seen in game most marines would want to deploy anyway after signing a PMC document and those that stay usually deploy after an announcement is made reminding them they can be charged with desertion. If that is the case I would get the MP to meet me in brig and speak to them about what they know, this includes how to detain someone, what to do once you have brought them to brig etc. If the MP understands all of this I would make a shipside announcement reminding crew the CL is a criminal and should be reported when seen and would let the MP hunt them down. Because the CL has no marines with them and the most they can do without breaking any rules is shout over comms they are no longer a major threat to the operation so my attention would return to leading the marines from CiC.
    If marines stayed with the CL even after a warning about desertion I would handle the situation differently. I would tell the XO to open the armoury so the MP in brig can grab flashbangs and I would once again walk them through the basics of their job. Most likely the marines who the CL recruited would stay with them, so I would get either the XO or SO to track them from the CiC. Once we have located the marines and CL I would put a warning in their squad comms to stand down and accept their arrest. If they all agree to stand down I would help the MP to cuff the CL and marines and take them to brig. The CL would be charged with sedition and the marines charged with desertion. If I let the marines go at this point it would send a message to the rest of the squads that they can get away with anything, the marines had warnings over announcements to stop and they refused. If they refused to stand down and instead began threatening to fire I would get the XO to raise us to red alert due to what is essentially a mutiny and order the MP to throw a flashbang and try to bring them in alive. If the flash did not get all the marines or the MP was knocked down before they could throw it I would take down the CL and marines using lethal force and announce over comms what happened and why they were executed.

"2 - Your Transport PO is sending the ship up and down via the pilot's bubble in the hangar. When you confront him, he tells you that he is doing his job and says "Fuck off". You then order your one MP to arrest him and while the MP is cuffing the pilot, you Grab the PO and BE him. Was the BE valid ?"

I would not consider this a valid BE. In my BE answer I wrote “For me a BE should be used when a player is ruining the flow of a round and disrupting the marines ability to win.” While the PO is being annoying they are not doing that. At this point the pilot is in cuffs and not a threat to the marines. What I would do in this situation is let the MPs deal with the PO as he is already in cuffs. The pilots crimes would not warrant an execution and while they were rude it is not worthy of being dragged out of MPs hands and executed.

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you briefly describe an operation where you, as an acting Commander, lost? What led up to the loss, and did your actions (or lack thereof) contribute to such?
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you briefly describe an operation where you, as an acting Commander, lost? What led up to the loss, and did your actions (or lack thereof) contribute to such?

It was LV and I came up with a plan that would change the meta slightly. FOB at LZ2 with Bravo on it. Delta would deploy and go to hydro with tank, setting up some cades and preparing to move north to central caves. Alpha would move to robotics, their squad would move north to western barrens and flank through western caves. Charlie had orders to deploy to LZ1 and wait at cargo for fog to drop then would move into eastern caves. All three squads would sweep through the cave system at the same time eliminating any hostile forces.

Once the fog had dropped everything seemed to be going well. Charlie had pushed into eastern caves with no resistance and Alpha/Delta were pushing into their caves steadily. However Alpha began moving further forwards and ended up in the xeno hive in western caves. The queen got off ovi and led most of the hive to slaughter Alpha. Instead of immediately ordering charlie (who were facing no resistance in eastern caves) to move to assist alpha while they fell back I ordered charlie to continue pushing through the caves to attempt a long flank and was delayed in telling Alpha to retreat. This led to alpha being wiped and the xenos flanking Delta.

What I should have done was got Alpha to fall back immediately after finding out the hive was in west caves and got Charlie to reinforce them as they retreated while getting delta to continue pushing north. That way our flank would have been secure and with the two squads pushing xenos they would have to fall back to central caves where Delta was.

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw you in command as XO under Sal, and despite the fuckup with the OB at the end, I thought you were pretty damn solid. My main concern was just not seeing you, but having seen you myself and with enough community support, here is my +1
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I trust what Charles is saying here so I'll support this app for his views of you in command and what I stated earlier.

I'd like to actually view you playing as SL/Command but due to issues I cannot.

+1 from me for above reasons.

(Due try to play SL though, I might not be able to judge based on on it, but it'll do wonders towards experience and squad interactions)

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jane harris and scott something were absolute shitters. Thankfully your russian character seems quite different. Don't fuck up or the council yeets you.

+1
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We both got off on the wrong foot once, when we were SL's fighting for the mortar on LV-624 at FOB. You kept your cool and RPed very well during our altercation. I have seen you play "The Bear" and you're a good player and RPer. I see no reason as to not give you +1, but just going to let you know the Mortar eventually made it to the front. After your engineer put it there, and it did helped tremendously.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have tremendously improved since your last application, you are very active, competent, and rather good at roleplaying. You have overwhelming community support as well.

+1

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played with you as my XO on occasion. You're competent enough that I'd trust you to handle things alone and you don't seem the type to abuse BE privileges or anything from what I've seen, so have your +1
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good roleplayer, competent.+1.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler: