User Tag List

Thread: Current Agent gameplay review and fix propositions.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Current Agent gameplay review and fix propositions.

So I recently started playing a lot of shipside roles who can become agent and that happened quite often, so I think I got enough of experience to review and maybe point some stinky parts that could be tinkered with and fixed.

1. Prints.
    You can't prevent them fro, happening, you can't clean them, you can't even wipe your security records to also delete them (that requires ID access from a role that can't be antag, so you can't have it, however not sure if that would even work in the first place)
    Thats bad, especially with breaking windows since those prints appear even if you shoot the damn thing. Then there are posters.
    There should be a way to clear them, like using a space cleaner first and then some kind of a rag, or bandages from first aid pouches. Of course that would be a lenghty process, but thats the point. This gives option to either do everything fast and run away, or risk it and try to clean it.

To not make it too hard for MPs, not only prints would be left on the "crime" scene, but also "fibers" from stuff you are wearing that can't be cleaned off, thus giving a clue to who could be the agent, but that still could be something that agent "fight" with by wearing different clothing, or not wearing anything at all.
    And this could be something that MPs can fight with by enforcing SoP where you have to wear your uniform with rank pins, otherwise you are breaking it, thus raising suspicion against anyone who walks in different clothes, or without them.

2. Fighting against being arrested.
    Quite simply, there is only one way to "fight back" and successfully ressist arrest from MP that can and will spam his taser and even one hit fucks you up. And that way is 25 points tranq gun that you can't get more ammo. Wiki says it has 5 bullets + 1 in chamber, but I belive its a bit more.
    Thats not really enough.
    Just talking about points, you get 40, so spending 25 means you are left with 15, so you can buy badass kit, or hacking kit, thats all. You need 20 points for "Ool" scanner, because people like to take those "steal" objects and put them in some funny places.

Lethals are basically totally not allowed. While I get the idea behind it, murderboing shitlers would just go guns blazing and shoot every MP and every occasion.
    However without ability to get rubber bullets, thats basically the only thing that agent can get in bigger quantity that lets him escape, because you don't need to kill MP, you just need him to hide for a second, so that you can escape. That, or getting beanbags that are locked into riot lockers, so to get them you need to break one wall, then shoot the closets. Not really a silent approach and you want to get them before you are discovered and chased. Carrying a shotgun isn't stealthy either.

Thats why I propose a bit of a "leeway" with lethals, where agent on the run would be allowed to use them, but only to escape, shooting in general direction of MP while running away. And thats all, no shooting to kill, if MP decides to tank the bullets instead of hiding, its his fault.
    Either that, or give back agents the ability to get rubber bullets. Make Riot Armor immune to them and all is fine. If agent would abuse rubber bullets, MPs would wear riot armor and could try to arrest, but would be slowed down, so cooperation of riot armor and normal armor MPs would grant big adventage.
    Another part of "back and forth rock/paper/scissors" gameplay that both parties could enjoy.

Or maybe allow agents to buy additional ammo to tranq gun for some points. 5 for example.

3. Kidnappings.
    Also part that I can understand why its here, shitlers would kidnap people, strip naked and wall them off somewhere, so that they can't escape, thus having their round ruined, a fate worse than permadeath, since in permadeath, you can atleast ghost around and maybe respawn as DEFCON marine, or xeno, or ERT.

However, short kidnappings are required to get the items off the guys who decide to carry with them stuff that agent has to steal. So kidnapping, cuffing, buckling to a chair in maintenance should be allowed, with the only rule that agent has to let them go, or atleast allow them to escape by just leaving them somewhere, so they can ressist out of cuffs and just go.
    This would also allow for some RP, torturing for information where something is etc. No killing of course, few punches, maybe choking, that kind of fun stuff.

Would be also nice to get duct tape to muffle those screams.

4. Wall and airlock destruction.
    Since all explosives (besides maybe OT) are disabled on green alert as anti-grieffer and anti-butterfinger measurment, agents really get it bad when it comes to destroying walls. Agents should be able to somehow disable green alert lock on nades and C4. Or give them special charge that works kinda like C4, but has 0 tile range, thus exploding only the wall it is attached to and doing no other harm.
    Or give them buyable thermite.

5. Double and triple objectives.
    Its fairly common to get objectives that repeat themselfs, having to steal autopsy scanner twice isn't really a possibility.
    Sounds like a bug that needs fixing.

Other than that, I think that current agent gameplay is pretty good, the base is solid and thats something worth celebrating.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alternatively remove them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! I play agent fairly often and I can help with some of your points CABAL.

1) Prints. I agree they are a bit of a tricky situation. A workaround is to set up welding carts and to shoot or rig them to blow leaving no prints behind for MPs to scan. Or offer a set of buyable gloves that leave no prints behind.

2) The average MP wears M2 Pattern Personal Armor. this makes them slow and if you wearing no amour then you are can move faster than then. I would suggest using the stun baton. Yes, you have to get in close but by the time you get 3 hits in the MP should be about subdued. I agree the tranq gun needs more ammo or needs to be buffed with a longer knockout time. From my experience, you can remove an MPs radio headset and maybe cuff them.

3) Kidnapping is hard. Plain and simple but if done right you just create an awkward situation for you, the MPs, and the captive. The only reason I could see this being used is to force RP. If MPs decide to play along. They may just flashbang rush and laydown buckshot into the room and decide not to revive you. But if done right you can get a great RP moment before being executed or Perma briged for kidnapping and what other crimes they have against you.

4) Use welding carts or fully deconstructed the wall providing your Construction skill is high enough. It's sad because if you mess with APC it leaves prints behind for MPs to scan and catch you.

5) Triple objectives are a pain! I agree must be a bug

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1: I'd be mostly fine with the current print system if ARES didn't snitch everytime you even dared get near a window or airlock. I prefer the last prints system where you could clearly tell the clothes and gloves that were used, but not get any prints. It made MPs use their brain, or get outsmarted by the MT that went out of his way to get marine clothing to cover it up. Have the MPs talk with people around to check if they saw someone somewhere they shouldn't be, or dressed as something they shouldn't be.

2: You will most likely get caught since the odds are stacked against you, in my experiences people actively look out for agent activivity so at one point or another, you'll have to fight your way out. If you could even remotely use lethals, people would probably try to always get the role to try to emulate situations where they can use it, even if it's running away. Give them a consistent source of ammo for the tranq gun and more uses for the chloro rag, at the very least.

3: Rag is fairly underrated imo, it's probably the best tool for kidnapping if you can pull it off right. You can't resist or call for help when it's used on you, plus if the agent is not wearing their ID, it can be hard to track them down after you're released. Kidnapping will end badly for the agent 90% of the time though.

4: Thermite only turns walls into girders now, and it takes so much longer to do it. Unless you can dismantle girders or is willing to shoot them down, it's not worth it.

5: i hate these, burn in hell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.Prints.
    They should be revamped to make MP things more interesting, rather then scan, check crew monitor, wait for them either at medbay or FOB [Insert MP main here] (I will hunt you to the ends of the earth for that damaged window). Such as...

Modifications to vendors no longer has prints but still indicates to ARES. I would say the same for doors, but whoever doesn't use pulse, you just ain't using it right... Windows, unless shot at, still shows prints if destroyed by melee, since, an audible gunshot is easy to hear and generally doesn't make sense that my bullets have my finger prints on it; not gonna mention that you physically can get anywhere with a screwdriver, crowbar, and a security access tuner.

2.Fighting against being arrested.
    Easy; just make it so that the agent can pick only one kit (either tools, or badass kit, and or added featured kits; whoever picks that signaler kit, lamo okay), a weapon, and the option to pick ammo for points. Then have the points regenerate like the CLs briefcase, or the completion of a task... since finishing all the tasks achieves literally nothing, besides bragging rights I guess; literally no point of even being a traitor... (even though the stats gets fucking bombardment with, who was the queen, map vote, and some random fact).

Not gonna suggest using rubber bullets, since people are gonna think it's real bullets. I'm using the same defense as an MP using bean bag rounds during a mutiny~

3.Kidnappings.
    Should be allowed, but you and me both know not everyone is gonna have the same leniency. So to counteract that, if they somehow are able to kidnap them. Give like a 2-4 minute force recruitment (just like how gangs work in default ss13), with a cooldown of either a minute or two, and the eventuality that if enough shipside crew personnel are an agent, ARES would dispatch a ERT to deal with it. Of course, there's gonna be political debate on how that's gonna be implemented.

4,Walls and destruction.
    Add thermite to the list of items you can purchase... but sorry can't hear you, I haven't fixed engineering access, and or other things, and busy with balancing issues of xenos vs humans... remember that CM is a MRP server with limited ways of RPing~

5.Double and triple objectives.
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    Last edited by Lauren Von Fusegana; 12-10-2020 at 01:00 PM. Reason: CM IS A MRP SERVER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based entirely on how they designed, I believe agents are to MPs what survivors are to Xenomorphs.

You are there to give them something to do when they don't have access to marines to soft grief. As it's currently designed, you aren't suppose to succeed unless the MPs are beyond incompetent.
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got agent once, saw that my objectives were more or less "commit crimes that give you a total of 10mins in brig"
    Cryoed, set agent to never, played drone drunk as fuck
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agent is fun but heres a few things you can do to help protecc yourself from MPs

1. Get a spare set of gear. put your ID in your pocket and wear a gas mask from a locker. it turns you into a "unknown"

2. Get a silencer with a M41a and hope for door destruction objectives so you can bust them down easy as pie.

3. you could in theory grab a MP's forensic scanner and scan the prints yourself then hide the scanner.
    Medals

Spoiler Spoiler:

episode 4 chicken man strike bacc.