User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE for the love of GOD make OT workshop doors ID locked

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PLEASE for the love of GOD make OT workshop doors ID locked

REQ has their door locked, you can't just barge in and take some ammo or equipment from the floor.

Researchers can work in peace, nobody can enter their facilities.

Doctors can focus on operation, doors are locked. When they have time for you, they will open it and take you in.

But OT? F*ck the OT guy. Let's run it, take his janitor bucket full with cyclone and toss it to the dispenser for sh*ts and giggles. Oh, OT guy run out to get some more mats? Let the drunk guy run inside and make some ANFO that will blow up in his face taking out all the chemicals I have.

Also REQ can shut it's shutters when they are more busy with preparing a crate for FOB with ammo and supplies than with your Vgrip. How come we can not do that when CE/CO is ask me to prepare foam mortars and maxcap rockets?? That has priority over your 'give me a big boom' nade. People just barge in like it's a freaking bar and order some maxcap like they are on the shelf available for a click like at REQ. Well no dumbo, we have to make those from 5-6 ingredients and it takes time. Ah also you have preferences that it should burn for a minute or have pink flame or have fire shrapnel? No problem mate, let me just grab your fire-shrapnel pink special one-of-a-kind rocket out my freaking non-existent vendor. F*CK.

As of writing this, timers are broken. It should show 4 sec by default and you can drop them to 2 sec minimum. Currently they show 40 sec, which is actually 4, but if you try to lover it, it jumps to 100 sec which is actually 30. If you keep fiddling with it, after 4-5 clicks it freezes and you can't change the time and only God knows when it will explode. So we have to use default 4 sec timers on nades, which defeats the point of killer OT nades that xenos can't dodge. They are broken for 2 weeks now, please fix it.

So PLEASE make the DAMN OT workshop doors ID locked for marines same way as REQ is locked. If I'm ready with my shit, I can deliver it to the drop ship in 10 seconds. There is literally no reason to have that door unlocked.

Also the shutters. There is a 'next' button which has currently no function. Use it to make it close the shutters.

Hell the damn cook has a private locked workspace with shutters. But a specialized room with the most powerful explosives outside of an OB are open to literally anybody to walk in and take what they want? PLEASE FIX THIS SHEIT.

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk. F*CK.
    Last edited by Fix it again Tony; 12-12-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you ok?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the engineering doors are open to everyone right now due to maint access being always open for the sake of agents.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @RaddishRed
    in my professional opinion. that's fucked

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reported it a while ago :shrug:

I'm not gonna make a gitlab for a massive and glaring bug though.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a workaround. Get few remote controllers, put them in OT doors on bolt wire, share them with your OT pals and use each time you close the door on either side.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the reply Cabal and all but my work around is shocking the doors, but MPs will shout at me constantly for that. I would imagine this would do the same if I happen to leave the doors closed while I run out.

Also...why does a literal bomb expert does not start with explosive pouch? Maybe even throw in an explosive belt in the locker with a tools pouch so we can chose. Every round start I have to make my way to grab a webbing and ask REQ for a pouch.

Also the electronics vendor is mostly pointless, that should be outside so SGs can use it, OTs never do.

And finally please make the 2 empty regnant tank inside movable or add one one janitor bucket.

Some of these are small things, but every round you are forced to do your errands to start doing things and I'm sure some of these could be easily added.

I really do like this position and if these small annoyances would be fixed it would be even more amazing.
    Last edited by Fix it again Tony; 12-09-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can move the electronics vendor outside with a wrench if you want.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RaddishRed View Post
    All the engineering doors are open to everyone right now due to maint access being always open for the sake of agents.
    As someone who used to MP main, I hate this but without this agents would have very limited options to run and hide, so I for one just accept this and move on.

Whitelisted Synthetic Unknownity's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    There is a workaround. Get few remote controllers, put them in OT doors on bolt wire, share them with your OT pals and use each time you close the door on either side.
    Isnt applying remotes on wires an agent thing only skill though
    Samuel 'Prophet' Logue
    BRAVO n CHARLIE Forever
    "Getting too old for this shit."
    ----
    Synthetic Kyra
    ---
    Yautja Shi'rei Mei'ka
    ----
    POW
    Burrower main