User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you enjoy CM, what do you think of TGMC

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quit CM a while back so I cannot give you a accurate assement . Even now though I won't go to TGMC. TG just isn't my thing, the playerbase is just out to murderbone and nothing else.

That being said I don't know about any drama recently on CM. Most drama effects the mods and not the playerbase in general so whatever it is it shouldn't affect mechanics. I don't know.

Last I checked (3 months ago I think??) it was pretty stable. Could be different. As long as CM has gerdy it has more than any other server. Since I haven't seen you guys for a while, stay safe in covid times bros.
    Last edited by starmute; 12-13-2020 at 03:21 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starmute View Post
    As long as CM has gerdy it has more than any other server.
    Truer words never spoken
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CM lacks a ton of depth. That depth was ripped out of the game and autoclaved for performance reasons. The mechanical depths of SS13, imo, is one of the foundation stones and aspect of the soul of the game. CM lost a ton of old timers (myself included) when it started ripping these things out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's almost like 150+ players on a 10+ year old platform make for a really shitty experience and you have to compromise if you want to house that many players by removing features that don't impact the core gameplay. Or you add a pop lock like many have suggested but then you risk not being on the top of the hub, which means you just slowly bleed out as new players will mostly join the servers at the top and not scroll down
    Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 12-16-2020 at 03:13 AM.

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly TGMC is all around really tight, and fun as fuck. Honestly the only reason I don't mainline it is because I've been conditioned to preferring CM sprites, and all the people I know stick to the OG Colonial Marines.
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BatHoovyDood View Post
    Honestly TGMC is all around really tight, and fun as fuck. Honestly the only reason I don't mainline it is because I've been conditioned to preferring CM sprites, and all the people I know stick to the OG Colonial Marines.
    So all we gotta do is port some sprites and get everyone that we like playing with banned here.
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't like TGMC. It's fun...ish when I play it, but CM just seems better, I can only bear a round or two on TGMC any given day. Now, DMCA? That was a classic.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The xeno structure sprites look… meh, all the guns look like they are made out of plastic and they're all really oversized, every shipside department is either boring or hellish, combat itself is strange because every marine can have IFF and every xeno can permakill marines (and drag dead bodies). They have a lot of the older less balanced stuff there for xenos, like old boiler, old crusher, and even neuro spam. The only thing I kind of like playing there is medic, and that's because you get special stuff to make you actually good at healing since every marine can open pill bottles and instantly use injectors. Doctor there is also alright, I guess, but IMS fail chances on a table are not. You also can't body block xenos at all (xeno intent takes priority), and they have diagonal movement which lets xenos just evade all your shots. Also all the stuff about them not having lag isn't entirely true, they do get lag but it's less common. Also it lags when you open UI menus a bit.

What else? Well, fire support is nerfed a lot, and there are no IOs or tank. For server culture, most of the people there are alright, but a lot of them seem very bad at the game (it's got no timelocks) and they don't RP at all most of the time. It claims to be MRP but seems more LRPish.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    The xeno structure sprites look… meh, all the guns look like they are made out of plastic and they're all really oversized, every shipside department is either boring or hellish, combat itself is strange because every marine can have IFF and every xeno can permakill marines (and drag dead bodies). They have a lot of the older less balanced stuff there for xenos, like old boiler, old crusher, and even neuro spam. The only thing I kind of like playing there is medic, and that's because you get special stuff to make you actually good at healing since every marine can open pill bottles and instantly use injectors. Doctor there is also alright, I guess, but IMS fail chances on a table are not. You also can't body block xenos at all (xeno intent takes priority), and they have diagonal movement which lets xenos just evade all your shots. Also all the stuff about them not having lag isn't entirely true, they do get lag but it's less common. Also it lags when you open UI menus a bit.

What else? Well, fire support is nerfed a lot, and there are no IOs or tank. For server culture, most of the people there are alright, but a lot of them seem very bad at the game (it's got no timelocks) and they don't RP at all most of the time. It claims to be MRP but seems more LRPish.
    Actually they recently been testing the tank as an endgame req item (much to my personal distaste). If theirs two things CM should copy imo its removing specs and making prep way more open and easier, its more fun getting to earn your power weapons from req and not having a lowpop round decided by how shit the RPG guy is. Your also not punished for being a latejoin marine by having no attachments left, and you can get whatever gear you need from the vendors instead of having artificial loading times in the form of a req line. Both servers have their own identity now which is cool, each provide a very different experience which caters to different tastes. Then theirs corp merc which is ascended ss13 TDM.
    Last edited by Dreven; 12-22-2020 at 06:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played a bit more there recently, as both marine and xeno and here's a few things I absolutely love about TGMC:
    -Ammo counters
    -The stamina system
    -Tadpole
    -I like the different armour stuff
    -Full auto on loads of guns is great
    -The aiming system is good too

-Bump attack for xenos
    -Old crusher charge, seeing it again made me so nostalgic
    -Damage sprites are great as xeno and a marine, I can turn off annoying HUD elements and know roughly how much damage I have without having to take my eyes off the game
    -The variable nightvision see in the dark and see light sources

There are bad things, the sprites are pretty bad. I didn't think that would matter to me but I guess CM has spoiled me in that regard. I don't know what the balance is like over all but a lot of stuff feels OP.