Byond ID?
    Solisdude

CM Character?
    Franklin Ramis

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    7 + 1/2

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Nope.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    I guess i ocasionally observe on TGMC when bored.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Nope.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Yep, after salting for a bit, getting Ahelped and telling said staff member to stick a bargepole in a certain spot...After they decided to let me off with just a warning.

That said, that one was over a year ago.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    I don't think so?
    I mean, i know i wasn't banned from TGMC.
    Or Bad Deathclaw before i quit that one.

Then Oracle Station, which is defunct, never got banned from that.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    For Staff related things, yeah. Not so much random hobbies.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Okay, we'd start with asking the arresting MP what happened, then we'd check the logs and finally after we have some clue what happened, we'd ask said shooter about their side.

If it were another RPG disarmed on the dropship or someone with full armor slots, thus forced to hold the shotgun in their hand, maybe suggest using the safety.

If conclusions came up that they were simply new, tell them about how friendly fire is on and to be careful, possibly give a note depending on what protocol says. Afterwards, call an SEA.

If it comes up that they just shot SGT Dave because Dave took their HEFA, warn them about improper escalation, possibly note.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    As i'm not a member of the council...Nor really have any clue how whitelist guidelines work, i'd ask them about what happened and take the time/date of occurance for reference and suggest tha they send a whitelist report within the next 48 hours.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Er...I'd probably just send them a PM, asking if they needed help, while probably telling them how to actually reply. If they say that they do need help, i'll tell them how to send a Mhelp.

If there are no mentors, i suppose i'd try my best to help them myself, as if i remember correctly, moderators do bypass timelocks.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Eh....Honestly, while this may not be the best answer, i don't think i'd care that much, seeing as i've done so before.

That said, i'll tell them that if they believe how i moderate is incorrect and/or they believe i'm abusing my power, that they should send a staff report.

Maybe also tell them that doing that to other staff members could result in a warning/ban/other repercussions, as per rule 0.2 and 3.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    As that's a violation of the naming rule(12), i'd send a PM, explain the situation, just tell them about the rule, while kindly asking they watch out for that in future, next ask if they have any alternative names they'd want for this round. If not, open my Edit Character screen, press random name a few times and give them that and a note for future reference.

Though if it turns out they have a history for that, give them a warning, i suppose? I don't know how you'd do that.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    As it's a simple SOP violation, it wouldn't be a rulebreak, but an IC issue, as such, if no more issues come from it(Murders, hilariously improper escaltion, etc.), leave it be. Although they'd be at the mercy of the MPs and other folks.

Probably tell him in advance if they're an Agent not to go full on No Russian upon everyone though.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    As per Rule 2 and the amount of times i've seen it at the lobby screen, survivors are not allowed to be hostile from the get-go.

However, due to the new Nightmare changes, if they happened to be a CLF guerilla, the rules state that's an exception, as such that'd be an IC issue.

If they were just a normal survivor though, i'd explain to them why they cannot do that and note and them for such, for future reference.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Well, i'd have to investigate this one.

I'd ask the MP first for their side, then upon getting their side of the story, check the logs for information as to what happened.

If necessary, PM anyone else who could've witnessed it.

If the MP was in the right and the jailed player was downplaying it, deem it an IC issue.

If the jailed player was right though, Subtle message the MP to release them while explaining as it's very, very important to do your job properly as that job and give them a note.

However, there is the possibility that a higher member of the MP force, the CMP and or MW told them to do such, in which case i'd probably just reffer to someone with more seniority as that is a big rabbithole.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Well, if neither side will do such.

Assuming the marines are on the almayer, as it says they won't leave the ship, just QM the hive and tell them simply that even if they die, because they've secured the dropship they just win if they launch.

If somehow that fails, call someone with more seniority to give the round a jump-start.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    As i'm involved in this case(Disregarding the fact that i don't play medic), i'd simply Ahelp explain and for a lack of better words, let someone else deal with it

...Because well, y'know. It'd be weird for me to investigate my own case.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    As per rule 4, after the round ends, while allies cannot hurt eachother, enemy factions can.

Meaning it'd be an IC issue, as CLF are naturally the USCM's enemy.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    As per rule 13, interrupting someone from reaching their prep room counts as a shenanigan.

I'd assume stealing their prep-gear would count by proxy, especially if they yoink a pamhplet or something.

If such were to occur, i'd PM the accused, ask for their side and check the logs.

If evidence were to suggest that such happened, i'd note and warn them for something so, well, assinine.

However, as a guy running around punching people is not a big, lethal nor briefing brawl, that'd be an IC issue for the MPs...I think.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    As per rule 14 "A fist fight does not suddenly escalate into a gun fight"

As such, i'd warn and note them against doing such.

In either case, i'd try to inform an admin on the situation so they can judge if an Aheal is warranted or not.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I'd MOOC to ask that they stop it, as it was not confirmed by any members of staff.

If the mutiny was to continue, sleep the rowdy bunch and tell them to cool it.

If they continue after that, warn and note.

Maybe suggest that the MPs don't touch slept corpses neither.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    As per rule 3 "Racism, the use of slurs and other targeting terms or phrases is strictly forbidden and will not be tolerated."

That said, even if i did find it funny for some reason, which would be bad and wrong on my part, i'd probably note the person doing such a thing and tell them to stop clowning about and especially DON'T tell them who out of the group reported it.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Yeah. That was probably intentional grief, ban them for 1 day while reporting it to seniority for their decision on a possible escalation.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I'd have to look into this one, if they're trying to do a survivor rush and it backfires, that's on them and an IC issue.

If it was post marine landing though, ask about it, if it turns out they were new, tell them in future that larvae aren't exactly useful in combat and that they should wait to mature.

If they're not new, but were trying to some funny sneak-behind the enemies strat. Then note them and suggest a staff report to confirm whether my ruling was correct or not.

If it was blatant run at the enemies and die(either because it was clear they were previously banished during their last life or some other reason) warn and note them.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Er...Yeah, i'd PM such a player and tell them that we do have some roleplay standards.

Leave a note, tell them i'm not at fault if the queen banishes them, job done.

The queen does however, have the tools to deal with the insults, in the form of the banish.

It is up to them whether they want to do so or not over the insults and would be an IC issue.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    As per Rule 2, Xenomorphs can just use plain old english.

As such, it'd be an IC issue.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Eh, i mean, everyone knows that's true OOC, so probably Subtle Message/PM the CIC member, that despite the fact that we all know it, you shouldn't say that bit IC.

Er...I don't think it'd be severe enough to warrant a note in honesty.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Erm...Well, if it was him and two marines, one of which he just shot, that'd be 3 so there would've been enough space anyway.

As such, i'd PM him and probably give him a note for improper escalation/lethal force.

Assuming it was 3 + 1 though, uh....Investigate into if he checked the other pods or not.

If it turns up that he did everything in his power to find a useable pod before-hand, maybe just warn him for in future and give him a note while suggesting he Staff Report the situation to verify if it was a correct judgement.

If he just ran for the first pod he found, despite there being other empty ones, shot a guy and called it a day, warn and note for lethal force.

Afterwards, if it was an unwarranted situation for lethal force, report to an admin to see if an Aheal is necessary.

(Maybe also suggest, in either case to remove the corpse from the pod, so it doesn't explode.)

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Yeah...Well.

I don't really mind about myself, i mean, again, i told Nanu that one time about a bargepole, so it'd be hypocritical of myself.

That said, maybe it'd be best to advise them about the fact that other staff members can take action for rule 3 and 0.2.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Unfortunately, i'd have to tell him it's an IC issue, as higher members of staff have ruled that lag, while unfortunate is fair game.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd probably send a PM to them about it, while trying not to sound rude. That'd be a bad thing.

Er...If they were adamant about it, I guess I'd just tell a superior about it and do as they suggest.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    ...I don't think i understood this very well.

But if two members of staff are bickering. And i'm also a moderator...Well.

Maybe tell someone who posesses more seniority to handle it, because i'm not touching that steaming mess.

Also, i think this would be the least of my concerns if this is listed as a common staff situation.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Erm....Honestly, DoctorProbe suggested that it might be a good idea, i don't really see the problem with atleast trying, so here i am.

I guess i wouldn't have to do the timelocks for SEA neither.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    The ability to admit when they're in over their heads.

There's nothing wrong with admitting that you need someone else to help after all.

It'd be much worse to give out a poorly thought out ban or warning than to ask someone else for help in resolving something.

Anything else you
    I apologise not mentioning bans much in this, however as i do not know very well what protocol is about them, i'd rather not shoehorn in the idea of bans into my answers if not necessary.

Also, i haven't been getting as salty lately. I think. Probably.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not gonna pick at yer answers since I'm retired, but I'll give my input on you as a person.

Completely reasonable to not know ban escalation'n rulings since most of that is private.

I've known you for almost 2 years now and have no doubt that you'll be able to complete the trial and make a great addition to the team. As for you being salty it happens, the goal with that though is to not get frustrated and remain calm during staff related things and keeping a general cool head.

Ye been generally a cool guy and I've always had positive experiences with ya. As long as ya stick to that and the quoted answer below in accepting help from the team you'll flow by smoothly.

The ability to admit when they're in over their heads.

There's nothing wrong with admitting that you need someone else to help after all.

It'd be much worse to give out a poorly thought out ban or warning than to ask someone else for help in resolving something.

There's my input from retired gang and I hope the application works out well as staff tear you apart when they go through yer answers!

Useless +1 from me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I've picked through your application. A few things I noticed:

The ban escalation is a little off with a few questions, but I am not going to get tied up about that. Most players don't know about it, nor do they even have the link to it.

If a player is steaming in LOOC afterwards from an PM we can always mute them from it and let them cool off.

Don't use SM for OOC information. If the command player was doing OOC in IC, just PM them, SM is considered IC.

I think these aren't anything major what so ever, you seem to have a grasp on the rules. Now then, regarding your past history with a Manager, I am okay with it. Why is that? I was once a PERMA banned player and they let me become staff. I see no reason to not let you have a second chance. I think you've improved your attitude from the past and reformed.

+1
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahem. Sorry for taking so long to get to this!

Now! First of all. I don't think I recall your ckey at all. Though that is usually a good thing. Your note history is really good over the past year, especially considering the notes you got before that year. Those are more than a bit concerning, but you absolutely seem to have changed for the better. So I see no reason to deny you based on that, but you obviously should be aware that staff are expected to maintain a certain level of professionalism.

Pretty much every mod app gets ban escalation questions wrong. Mine did too. There is a public ban escalation documentation, but also a much more in-depth staff one you'll get access to when you're accepted. And the training. So that'll fix itself. Buuuut I'm gonna needle you with some questions before giving this my +1, even though it looks like you'll have no problem getting it.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Eh, i mean, everyone knows that's true OOC, so probably Subtle Message/PM the CIC member, that despite the fact that we all know it, you shouldn't say that bit IC.

Er...I don't think it'd be severe enough to warrant a note in honesty.
    It's part of the server roleplaying standards, and thus server rule 2, that while generally aware of what xenomoprhs are and how the xenomorph hive works, marines are unaware that they will be facing them pre-drop. Thus, the statement is LRP. Now knowing that, does it change your response?

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    As i'm involved in this case(Disregarding the fact that i don't play medic), i'd simply Ahelp explain and for a lack of better words, let someone else deal with it

...Because well, y'know. It'd be weird for me to investigate my own case.
    What if there is no other staff around?

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Erm...Well, if it was him and two marines, one of which he just shot, that'd be 3 so there would've been enough space anyway.

As such, i'd PM him and probably give him a note for improper escalation/lethal force.

Assuming it was 3 + 1 though, uh....Investigate into if he checked the other pods or not.

If it turns up that he did everything in his power to find a useable pod before-hand, maybe just warn him for in future and give him a note while suggesting he Staff Report the situation to verify if it was a correct judgement.

If he just ran for the first pod he found, despite there being other empty ones, shot a guy and called it a day, warn and note for lethal force.

Afterwards, if it was an unwarranted situation for lethal force, report to an admin to see if an Aheal is necessary.

(Maybe also suggest, in either case to remove the corpse from the pod, so it doesn't explode.)
    Given how late in the round something like this happens, you are VERY unlikely to actually have the time for the kind of investigation you just described. Unless you delay the round end for it. Would you delay the round end for it?

To add on top of it, some guy called "FortyPercent" then chimes in on the ingame staff channel that he doesn't think that's a rule 14 violation because "yeah, I'd have capped that fuck's ass as well to get myself a spot on the pod". How do you react?
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyPercent View Post
    Ahem. Sorry for taking so long to get to this!
    No worries and thank you for taking the time to reply.

Now, these are some questions i honestly never expected, haha, hope the answers doesn't cause an aneurism or something.

It's part of the server roleplaying standards, and thus server rule 2, that while generally aware of what xenomoprhs are and how the xenomorph hive works, marines are unaware that they will be facing them pre-drop. Thus, the statement is LRP. Now knowing that, does it change your response?
    As my answer, i'd say, and i'm going to admit in advance, this is probably miles off, but all in all, just having a minor, possibly unintentional slip of the tongue isn't basis for anything too major and as such, i don't think it'd warrant anything more than a quick reminder.

So in short, no, i wouldn't change my answer on that question, that said, once guidelines are actually known, a more objective answer would be easier.

Onto question 2, about the medics.

What if there is no other staff around?
    In this case, i'll stick to the belief that staff should never, ever judge upon something which they are involved in, unless absolutely necessary.

As such, i'd go onto our Discord, go into that staff-help channel and ask for said help, if such help was not to arrive for some reason, the medic didn't throw an Oxycodone smoke grenade and nobody else ahelped it, i guess the only thing i can think of is a player report on them at that point.

Given how late in the round something like this happens, you are VERY unlikely to actually have the time for the kind of investigation you just described. Unless you delay the round end for it. Would you delay the round end for it?

To add on top of it, some guy called "FortyPercent" then chimes in on the ingame staff channel that he doesn't think that's a rule 14 violation because "yeah, I'd have capped that fuck's ass as well to get myself a spot on the pod". How do you react?
    Good point.
    Honestly, no, i wouldn't delay the round myself, that said, if someone else did so, i wouldn't complain.

But considering how i've answered no to the main question, i'll go off that.

I guess we'd have to go off a much more simple method, warn/note them for improper escalation if nothing proves that they had a reason to do so, while suggesting due to not having the time to investigate fully, that a staff report would clear up any possible confusion.

Also if one FortyPercent did chime in with such an enlightening comment. (I'm guessing that channel lacks formality, disregarding the fact that i never knew it existed until just now).

Um..Well, i guess it's your opinion, if you were so bothered about it, i guess i'd wonder to myself about why you didn't just investigate it yourself, but anyhow, that's besides the point.

Having a subjective opinion about how something is handled isn't a problem in of-itself, that said, i'd probably just do the whole 'uh-huh' routine and get a third opinion from someone else later.

Anything else about your own comment, you'd have to answer for yourself, as i can't exactly put myself in your shoes while not knowing the protocol.

That said, uh...That's basically all i can think of, really. I'm probably miles off the mark with each answer, but uh...It's the thought that counts, riiiiiiiight?

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty happy with all of those answers. As a minor note and as far as I am aware, pretty much every ss13 server has a special ooc channel just for staff. Which they use to judge you, and you specifically

+1
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading through all of this, surely there's nothing wrong that couldn't be ironed out in a trial. I trust my fellow staff members in their decisions.

+1

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.