User Tag List

Thread: New Loadout Gimmick/SL Loadout

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Loadout Gimmick/SL Loadout

I've been doing my melee gimmick for over almost 2 years now. Third gimmick I've done and I'm out of funny/stupid ideas since I'm smol minded.

I've done Pistols (Back when they were shit) 2017-2016, Throwing Knives 2018-2019, and now Melee 2019-Current.

Played seriously for my first year of CM and at times during modern CM but I've always enjoyed my lil' gimmicks and being an idiots thinking I'm useful with crappy items or something.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now new loadouts for SL would be interesting as well. I primarily have my loadout to maximize my skill set and fulfill roles where needed when a engineer dies or medic is overwhelmed, ect.

I take SL fairly serious compared to other roles but I try to be funny with loadouts 'n shit and do lil' gimmicks such as bootknife, M56D, ect.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty much just give me ideas that I can do with ease and not have to worry about MPs or anything.

Thank y'all if you give input on making me appear more like an idiot and y'all have a nice one.

- Doctor Compy, the fucking dumbass.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pure 100% Slug gimmick. Wanna feel more useless than melee gimmick? Thats perfect.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dual m39 i guess.
    I. use it unironically. not necessarily shit as it can still shred but otherwise don't expect to hit thing more than 4 tile away

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meta strat for 2021, and something I have always come back to as a Squad Lead. Having more gun > having better gun. 2 Sidearm pouches, shoulder holster, 2 big guns and an m39 or pistol belt. And then a holdout pistol in your boot. You won't do shit for damage, but the sheer volume of your guns will spur your ungas forward to glory.
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BatHoovyDood View Post
    Meta strat for 2021, and something I have always come back to as a Squad Lead. Having more gun > having better gun. 2 Sidearm pouches, shoulder holster, 2 big guns and an m39 or pistol belt. And then a holdout pistol in your boot. You won't do shit for damage, but the sheer volume of your guns will spur your ungas forward to glory.

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hudson RP is the cornerstone of good Squad Leadership
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All right some advanced autist techniques that look retarded, yet it can win the game if it used properly.

ALWAYS ask OT for foam nade. It can legit save an LZ breach and buy 1 minute to fix all cades and let marines heal up. It's more useful than people think. Especially if you throw 2-3 and fix all the cades that took xenos 10 minute to breach, it will get incredible frustrating to them and might even give up completely to attack one side, all because an autist OT made some foam nades and put back 2 cades.

Speaking of metal foam, in the event of evac, you can plant remote detonated C4s, proxy C4s or mines filled with foam. It will simply block off xenos and everybody has time to get in the drop ship and leave. It is situational, but used correctly it's OP as f*ck. Too bad OT can normally make only 4 pieces a round due to limited lithium, so it can not be abused sadly.

Other gimmicks would include:

Slugs but forget M39, take the Mouse, slap a 2x scope and snipe slug all the xenos off-screen. It will make them royally pissed off. Don't forget to grab a JTAC kit and put a flare gun to your belt. That has already a 2x scope so you can light up the dark area you will shoot. Also don't forget, a direct hit with a flare gun can cause xenos to burst into flames. it's low damage, but xenos don't care. No xeno wants to be on fire an unless they are in the middle of killing a downed marine, 90% of them will retreat immediately to extinguish the fire. Bonus point if you take 2 Mouse so you can have a 6 shooter with slugs.

By the way...people poo poo slugs, but it can rip off 30-50% HP from a spitter with 3 shots. You can pretty much kill a spitter or small xeno with slugs only and they will be stunned, blind, slowed and unable to use any ability while you are doing it, so they won't even fight back.

Double cading: Engis always get this wrong. If you put 2 line of cades 1 tile from each other they will shout not to waste mats. If you have played enough xeno, you know it's not just about breaking cades, it's also about getting bored/frustrated trying to breach and failing. If you put 2 line of reinforced barbed cades 1 tiles from each other, that will be an extreme deterrent for xenos as it would take too long to breach so most of the time they won't even attempt it. Waste of cades? I don't think so. You just saved a f*ckton of time on repairing, medicines for the medics to heal from spitters and praes and marines from wasting manpower to hold a cadeline. It works like a charm.

As for putting 2 line of cades facing each other with 0 space between them: that is META. Some engis put it as a mistake, thinking it takes 2x long to breach. That is wrong. Xenos can slash both cadelines with 1 hit...BUT. They will take double barbed damage if it has any, getting 20 damage/hit if the want to smash the cades. Losing 100 Hp over a few sec is a huge deal for a xeno. But again, this is very situational and I consider it waste of mats. I rather put them 1 tile apart, they are the ultimate xeno repellent. For this to work you will need to bring 2 construction bags and steal all the metal you can get your hands on. Try to be light with your load out. Ditch your armor and get a hardhat for light. (AFAIK there are no alternatives for lights, only flashlight in pocket.)

Molotovs: when you find an alcohol vending machine on any planet, pull it to the nearest paper-clipboard (the one where you can take 1 paper at a time). Mix any hard liqueur with the paper. No need for any skills. You can make 50+ improvised firebombs from one vending machine in a few minutes for free. Sometime you can pull the stack of papers to the machine also. Take all your firebombs and be a rioter who only throws fire bombs at xenos.

Damn there are so many more things. Let's hear yours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flareman.

Backpack. Fill with flares.
    Belt, jtac flare belt.
    Armor slot, a second flare gun.
    Pouches, both flares.
    Helmet, some medinjectors
    Armor, misc items (or three additional flares)
    Fill two backpacks with flares and carry them to the front.
    During combat, use flares to light xenos on fire and provide light for friendlies. Make every dronemain want to kill themselves by shooting flares next to them while they melt your flares.

Also do jtac or whatever