User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Ice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiNerd View Post
    Ice has serious flaws, and yet there's definitely many ways to "fix" Ice. Remove underground, remove ladders, add stairs, expand/rework surface yadda yadda. We've had 3-4 mappers try reworking Ice and they all either burned out over it or stopped caring.
    good because most of these things would change it from being a unique experience into being trijent with snow. It could do with some minor tweaking, maybe a couple of staircases and some trucks, and that's really it. Anything beyond that and it's not Ice anymore.

also you guys kept Prison in unchanged until like, a couple weeks ago and it was a worse map than Ice the whole time

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ook to be fair. I don't hate ice entirely
    I liked it but I hated the underground section of it.
    Ice was literally the first map in ss13 that I played and CM was my first real ss13 game.
    I still have fond memories of being dragged to brazil by instant stun sentinel.
    literally, I still hate sentinel to this day even though it's been 2 years.
    because of it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Underground map bad. Aboveground ice doesn't have enough structures or shit going on to be it's own map. Underground ice may be able to be it's own map, put another LZ near crashed ship maybe. Or where the engineering ladder is. Remove some heavy reinforced walls and replace the elevators to be some teleporting shit to get to other elevators and you might just have an interesting and unique map.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only way underground ice would be remotely acceptable is if we brought back normal wall deconstruction (welder then wrench) and replaced a LOT of the R-walls with normal walls. this would bring back the engineer meta while still keeping underground ice dangerous

adding stairs and all of that never really fixes why underground ice is so garbage; its because Underground Ice is Prison Station if every single wall was r-wall and you couldn't CAS, Mortar, or OB. imagine Prison station like that and you have underground ice, and its fucking shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ice is real fun when you don't have a bitch in your ear saying its shit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ice is nice
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too love sitting around camping ladders for 6 hours, venturing down into suicidal pushes, skirmishing over the same goddamn snow-covered ground for 6 hours, or participating in quick bloody, and generally, one-sided LZ2 Deployments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDIS Pathe View Post
    I too love sitting around camping ladders for 6 hours, venturing down into suicidal pushes, skirmishing over the same goddamn snow-covered ground for 6 hours, or participating in quick bloody, and generally, one-sided LZ2 Deployments.
    This right here

is what seperated the boys from the men

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDIS Pathe View Post
    this but unironically

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ice in its current form? Nah, it sucks. I think if it was split between two maps above and below it'd be good for rotation.