User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Realistic counter against boilers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how to counter boiler: Become moderator ban boilers from game for powergaming, there you win.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good idea

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuyoi View Post
    op how long have you been playing the game please answer
    Only for one year and it's irrelevant as I talk to people who play it for 2-3 years and they tell me the game can drastically change from update to update. So even if you play it for 10 years, it's irrelevant. I'm talking about today.

All these answers an the ones like "I saw a boiler getting PBd", sure and I saw 7 months ago a pred getting hugged. So we got a 0.01% hug rate. Amazing. Let's base our strategy on this.

I'm salty AF as people simply don't understand what I'm saying. I used to play boiler A LOT, to the point where I had 20 rounds straight as a boiler before the directional update. Before that, we did die to skyfires and nothing else. Literally nothing else. Like never ever. And if the queen dies and I'm literally the only xeno alive I won't count that as a PB death as the death is inevitable at that point. I'm specifically talking about mid-round deaths here.

After the directional update, there is no more "oh shit, OB. Will they fire at the laze or offset it to the back lines hoping that they will hit retreating xenos. Let me run as fast as I can and hope for the best"

Today it is more like. "Oh look an OB NW, let me take all the time I need and walk to SE as even if it's a cluster it will have exactly 0% chance of hitting me since I can out walk it in 10 seconds and it takes 20 to hit"

It's that bad. Since the update I died exactly 0 times to any skyfire. Not died, I mean even I just move a bit and continue firing, it's that bad.

Now, we used to do some shenanigans, like lazing in a way to make sure xenos can't see it and just offset it from there, targeting the narrow lanes where they will retreat, and use CAS, OB, Mortar at the same time, offsetting all of them so they cover bigger area. I'm all familiar with METAing a long cas and how to kill xenos with skyfire. I'm not a retard who just lazes in the middle of them and gives a fire order.

And I'm telling you....for the life of me I can't hit a xeno since the update. I understand it was necessary as I also died to silent/mute or off-screen skyfires way too many times. But this went too far.

So far I have not hears any reasonable ways to deal with them only theories that won't work. I give you one, that might even work in the right place right time, so about 5%. Hide 8 OT remote detonated C4s under shit and blow it up when xenos took marine positions. I can even do that. Too bad if boiler survives with 1% HP he will just walk back and heal.

So no sorry, all these theories sounds plausible but they just won't factor in that the boiler will NEVER be alone and you know...it can see you 2x further away in the dark and if you even attempt to close in on him, he will walk away. And he is not slow. And what are you going to do, chase a boiler into the darkness alone hoping that there will be no traps and no other xenos? God forbid the xenos have you know... A DRONE, who happen to spend 30 second placing some doors and walls so you can't even simply run after the boiler. Come on.
    Last edited by Fix it again Tony; 12-22-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well thats the point
    boilers are artilery. why should they die in the frontlines
    if you get all T3s as boiler i assure you that they will get steamrolled

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuyoi View Post
    if you get all T3s as boiler i assure you that they will get steamrolled
    I give up. Thread closed. Maybe no veterans are using the forum? You just said that if the xeno team goes boiler they will lose. I JUST COMPLAINED ABOUT THE EXACT OPPOSITE. If the xenos team goes all boiler THEY WILL 100% WIN.

Did you even read the rest? I give up. I have yet to read a comment like "yeah I had a round where xenos had 4 boiler and they raped us a new one and we could not do anything". But it seems like aside from me, nobody saw 4+ boilers in a round or they are not on the forum to tell you that THEY CAN NOT BE COUNTERED.

I give up. I'm arguing with a wall.

Wiki Maintainer Emeritus Sargeantmuffinman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best way I can think of countering 4 boilers or any of them for that matter is to catch them off guard really. A flank from the sides or just, going the long way around them and teleporting behind them.

They may be tier 3 but grenades will stun them so use the UGL on them. Cooked M15s for best results. Now if they're all in one lane chokes constantly hammering your position, yeah there's not much you can do.
    George S.Patton once said: No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Good hunting.

Staff from 16 May 2016 to 10th September 2021.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boilers being cancer is usually just due to poor map design, stuff like LV caves is heaven for them and if there's more than one in there have fun pushing. They're way more manageable on BR or Trijents more open parts, along with LVs beach
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargeantmuffinman View Post
    A flank from the sides or just, going the long way around them and teleporting behind them.
    "the boiler will NEVER be alone and you know...it can see you 2x further away in the dark and if you even attempt to close in on him, he will walk away. And he is not slow. And what are you going to do, chase a boiler into the darkness alone hoping that there will be no traps and no other xenos? God forbid the xenos have you know... A DRONE, who happen to spend 30 second placing some doors and walls so you can't even simply run after the boiler. Come on. "

Or you know the other 15 xenos.

What you said never happens in game.

Whitelisted Synthetic Unknownity's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're overestimating the average boile
    r, their tunnel vision is so bad that they wont notice being aimed at by the sniper spec nor a scout planting c4 on them.
    Lets not even mention CAS or OBs
    Samuel 'Prophet' Logue
    BRAVO n CHARLIE Forever
    "Getting too old for this shit."
    ----
    Synthetic Kyra
    ---
    Yautja Shi'rei Mei'ka
    ----
    POW
    Burrower main

Mentioned