User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Realistic counter against boilers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good way to counter boiler gangs would be return of scoped SADAR (as well as normal range, instead of current BS 5-6 tiles) and spec's grenade launcher.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is, is that the trapper is undeniably the best strain currently as boiler. The long range acid decimates barricades and its rate of recharge allows it to prevent an engineer from repairing. Add on two more boilers and you essentially do not have a chance. There is realistically no counter besides trying to rush and kill them which usually does not work out well especially if you are being sieged.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooper44 View Post
    There is realistically no counter besides trying to rush and kill them which usually does not work out well especially if you are being sieged.
    /end thread

Still people keep repliying to just do this or do that. Like...no. How. You won't walk out and shoot at a boiler. How. When you are going to shoot at a boiler? When xenos have less than 3 xeno left and already lost. During normal round when literally 3 tile ahead of the boiler there is 2 spitter, 1 prae and 5 melee xenos...no. You won't just "shoot at them". How.

But I guess go ahead, shoot. I hope you can kill it, as if you are not doing 120% damage to their HP they will just..you know....heal up to 100%? Thank God SOMEHOW you can walk past 10 xenos with no slow, pounce, tailwhip, gas, WALLS, DOORS. And still chase a boiler on weed while he walks away faster than you into the darkness. I don't know what are the other 20 xenos doing to let you just walk after a boiler but sure go, and hope queen is not healing him. Come on, these people...I have no words for some of the comments here.

So yeah, no counter. Thank God they are boring to play, especially the gas ones. As for which one is stronger, I would argue the gas one. I can actually repair cades if ONLY trapper is holding it, but a gas one? In real game I can't do it. Soon as it's on CD marines rush the cades and start pushing left and right and FFing me. And yes I can reach over them to repair, but again, no point. We are not winning anything just holding the cades while killing nothing.

But soon as the second boiler comes, I just leave the cades to fall. Like what I'm suppose to do. Idiots yelling at me to REPAIR THE CADES. Yeah sure let meg just stand in the gas and die. Wish at least the gas mask would do anything.

Not that it even matters, as a spitter or normal prae I LOVE hitting the engis who are retarded enough to even attempt to repair cades under gas. I even spit on the cades to slowly damage them. In 5 minutes 2 of us can decimate a cadeline. It's not like they are going to run out, we got 10 more xeno pals waiting for the commenter here to "try to run out and PB them". Sure, try. Hope you bought 3 shotguns with maghar as the currently bugged defender with whip you a few times. Never mind the 10 other xenos waiting on the side.

And yes, it's bugged. They supposedly buffed explosion resistance with crest down....yeah they accidentally buffed all resistance. F*cker can't be killed by 4 SG under direct fire for 30 sec.

And I know they got resistance and falloff and yada yada, but I know what it took 1 month ago to kill a defender, played plenty with and against it. I'm telling you, it's bugged BIG time. Thing is harder to kill than a crusher. A T1!!!! What the?!!!!

F*ck this. Back to playing MT and evac the hell out.
    Last edited by Fix it again Tony; 12-26-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to read the whole thread, just going to state that the boiler's ability to drop that 3x3 acid that damages cades needs an increased cooldown. They can literally spam it faster than engineers can repair it with a welder. If you get 2+ boilers spamming that retarded 3x3 acid ability, there is no way to prevent a breach in the cade lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 128th View Post
    Good way to counter boiler gangs would be return of scoped SADAR (as well as normal range, instead of current BS 5-6 tiles) and spec's grenade launcher.
    + to that lol a RPG now works like a fucking shotgun most of the time.
    Also OP this thread is filled with meme morons with "have you tried shooting beno".
    And that synth ansver was like 10/10 in autism olimpic glad thats who got this roles lol.

And I played this shit for many many years like 5+ already and i can say to you all your points is true. Boilers of old coundn't at least shoot through resin or diagonally. They had a progectile acid globe that needed to hit shit to make gas cloud also cades protected us from it even thought you didnt saw the blinking shit of where the boiler gas lands we could still dodge it and shit.
    We had combat boilers with acid flamers that can solo entire squads thanks to acid dmg and stunlock.
    It was ALWAYS a chore to fight the chokes vs a team with 2+ boilers, even one is pain.
    Last edited by Miranda; 01-17-2021 at 11:31 PM.