User Tag List

Thread: I wish I could say I'd be missed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool I wish I could say I'd be missed.

I left the community a while back because I found the community to be toxic, racist, without cohesion in a multiplayer game, and lacking respect for support roles that I found myself playing often like medic, Squad Leader, MP, CMO, and most CIC staff.

I am glad to announce that after a period of several months of cool-off playing Bay (by no means perfect either) and other games, and after Discord cracking-down on hatespeech, I found the CM community to now be be toxic, racist, without cohesion in a multiplayer game, and lacking respect for support roles that I found myself playing often like medic, Squad Leader, MP, CMO, and most CIC staff. Despite all the fun gameplay changes, this still meant I was typically fucked-over attempting to play the new-and-improved roles for their recent content.

Out of my over-a-year spent playing the server, I can credit a small number of people for making it last longer than a week:

Landon 'Seabass' Hughes, and Pierce Jackson, for welcoming me into medical and giving me the tools to become even better doctors than they could ever hope to be.

Tess, Jester, Greg Lauffer and Xavier Heart inspired me to do my best in leading the marines in command, for which I thank them. My only wish is that they left more of an impression for others who sought leadership roles.

Diedsniper - cowboy - and Compy were joys to talk with, and to learn from for when I was working in squad roles, and genuinely pleasant people in my interactions with them.

While it's unfortunate that I never truly found the time, inspiration, or community here to sprite seriously, I'm thankful to Neth, Triiodine, Watermeldron, and Franz for encouraging me to keep trying to sprite.

With time and distance, I can reflect on the fact that getting noted for harassment after criticizing a Captain - who was an admin - on their god-awful strategy and behavior, in addition to getting a thread about racism in the community moved to shit-posting within a day, were fucking hilarious.

I hope everyone enjoys good health and fortune for the coming year, tolerance for their fellow man, and a continued passion for this one-of-a-kind game.

- Arty

P.S. 'Unga Juice' still frustrates those doctors and nurses who are only there to ensure you still get to play the game after getting shot in the back of the head. Please specify which chemicals you're talking about.

P.P.S. I have acquired my very-own Jones since beginning on the server, who for copyright reasons is referred to as 'Stella'.

Stella.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeya

Cool cat.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God fucking speed my guy, sad to see another one fall to the toxicity of the community but it's good to get away from it if need be.

I'll see you on Bay I suppose if I ever return to main'n it like the old days, until then, you'll just have to die without me throwing you into the SM..

See you on the other side o7

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    arty :c

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bye and stay safe
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey chief, now you know better than most that I'm not s huge fan of many of the stuff you highlighted, but considering that I've noticed some progress behind the scenes, I thought I'd share em with you,

I personally think that the staff team is making some progress regarding toxicity and LRP (in non PFC roles) especially in the recent weeks, hate speech had been much the same, with OOC comments being clamped down on hard. I do think it's still not enforced as well as it should be but I think it's subjective to which staff are online and their views. And alas sometimes it's not reported if someone is being a big poopy in looc or IC.

I thin cohesion has always been hit and miss, depending who's on. I think the best way (I've found personally) was to build personal relationships with the other players, with things such as breakfasts/lunches (which is why I'm not a fan remotely of the squad Req which cripples it now, and agents which force me to valid hunt the same shit everyround)

Unga Juice is a meme and it's actually illegal to distribute it with that name. SoP is cool like that thanks to Nanu and Awan .

Anyway, I just wanted to post that to show that things are happening behind the scenes, shit isn't perfect remotely but I personally feel an improvement is slowly getting there, which is why you may have seen me playing SL and marine roles more because I don't feel like I need to babysit LRP toxic marines all day.

I hope you enjoy your break anyway, sometimes it's nice just to sit back from everything before returning. I hope to see you again soon homie.
    Last edited by solidfury7; 12-19-2020 at 10:57 AM.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair well

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unga juice is always a concoction of peridaxon and dexalin, I don't know why'd you'd make it any different???

Anyways, farewell gamer.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: