Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whitelist cmp and then permaban anyone who applies for it

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the last thing CM needs is more fucking whitelists, a much higher bar to entry is a solid move. Like Stan put it, making it more goon-like is probably the best possible call here.
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The currently whitelist system lacks any real requirements other than being a known player or friends with the whitelist council.

Furthermore, those whitelisted openly mock the system itself claiming they're "Low RP" and shouldn't even have the position to begin with.
    ie; 131391243_816392902543879_6711603041335482146_n.jpg
    Honestly if any Whitelist council people can legit respond as to how it's acceptable that so many whitelisted members openly mock the whitelist system itself and remain whitelisted I'd love to understand the logic.

In my opinion, whitelist needs to be reworked to be more than simply a "well known player club" and go back to some basic requirements. Because honestly whats the point in the current whitelist system when it could easily be replaced by a "time-gate" system which would essentially veto and gatekeep players just as efficiently as the whitelist council does.

So what I'm getting at is why whitelist a position that could easily benefit more from a time-gate since no manner of RP standards seem to be enforced among whitelisted players?
    Last edited by Fewher; 12-19-2020 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it was already dealt with
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    The currently whitelist system lacks any real requirements other than being a known player or friends with the whitelist council.

Furthermore, those whitelisted openly mock the system itself claiming they're "Low RP" and shouldn't even have the position to begin with.
    Honestly if any Whitelist council people can legit respond as to how it's acceptable that so many whitelisted members openly mock the whitelist system itself and remain whitelisted I'd love to understand the logic.

In my opinion, whitelist needs to be reworked to be more than simply a "well known player club" and go back to some basic requirements. Because honestly whats the point in the current whitelist system when it could easily be replaced by a "time-gate" system which would essentially veto and gatekeep players just as efficiently as the whitelist council does.

So what I'm getting at is why whitelist a position that could easily benefit more from a time-gate since no manner of RP standards seem to be enforced among whitelisted players?

Most CO's attempt to RP with marines but you see its not a two way street, marines often are like "hm funny quirk CO" then plod off to do meta orders or whatever they want. The average marine doesnt have to listen to command which means command is often used as something for callouts and supplies. Just that.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not say, that CMP holds that much power. The only things he can are: looking at appeals, if he was not involved, forcing NJPs in some cases and having access to commands comms. So, if CMP powers won't be expanded, I do not see reason to really have whitelist for CMPs.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COs are stinky and do not represent all WLs

for example in synth wl applicants have to write a story which is a pretty important part of their app

we also enforce RP standards pretty heavily, making sure no synths are dumb or LRP in game. and for the most part, our robots are good robots and dont LRP, but when they do we warn or suspend them

if you ever catch a synth being lrp then DM a councillor or make a player report. If you don't tell us, we will never know

naturally being well known will help with your synth or co apps because if people see you playing the video game well they will know you're competent and a good fit for the WL (or not)

a time gate system would never work for synths because synths need quirks and personalities. While I hate to make the comparison, tgmc has no whitelist for synths. My experience with synths on tgmc is that they rarely RP, none of them have a quirk, and their support competency is a mixed bag and you can never trust one of them to be competent.

with our whitelisted system we can trust every synth to be a master of all support roles, have a well-RPed personality and quirk. With a simple timelock synths become a bland sea of robots without personalities and inconsistent support strength.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    COs are stinky and do not represent all WLs

for example in synth wl applicants have to write a story which is a pretty important part of their app

we also enforce RP standards pretty heavily, making sure no synths are dumb or LRP in game. and for the most part, our robots are good robots and dont LRP, but when they do we warn or suspend them

if you ever catch a synth being lrp then DM a councillor or make a player report. If you don't tell us, we will never know

naturally being well known will help with your synth or co apps because if people see you playing the video game well they will know you're competent and a good fit for the WL (or not)

a time gate system would never work for synths because synths need quirks and personalities. While I hate to make the comparison, tgmc has no whitelist for synths. My experience with synths on tgmc is that they rarely RP, none of them have a quirk, and their support competency is a mixed bag and you can never trust one of them to be competent.

with our whitelisted system we can trust every synth to be a master of all support roles, have a well-RPed personality and quirk. With a simple timelock synths become a bland sea of robots without personalities and inconsistent support strength.
    It's nice to see that the basic guidelines I implemented years ago still in effect.

But don't you find it concerning that every Whitelist essentially governs itself independently and upholds rules/regulations as it seems fit?

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's nice to see that the basic guidelines I implemented years ago still in effect.

But don't you find it concerning that every Whitelist essentially governs itself independently and upholds rules/regulations as it seems fit?
    Council most of the time is unbiased and good at upholding rules and regulations and we get frequent input from managers / senators etc

At the end of the day we are very much subservient to management as council because they always have the final say

If it was one guy doing all the rules stuff I'd be concerned but it's like 6 guys per whitelist and management and those six guys don't all act like a hivemind with the same opinions and there's still management etc

If someone's memeing on discord about them being "lrp" idgaf but if they do it in game they will get punished, if I see any evidence of a synth being lrp anywhere (screenshots in LRC etc) we get logs pulled n stuff

If you can give me some examples of where council has inconsistently enforced rules I'd love to see it because that hasn't happened recently
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, what functions does the CMP have that are not already moderated via jbans that needs a whitelist again?

If you can't think of any that's because they don't have them.

CMPs have IC and/or OOC consequences if they fuck up. And it has not been my experience that staff did not react if there were any doubts to MP/CMP actions during a round, again both ICly and OOCly.

Also, most of the most drastic actions a CMP can take are locked behind either CO (so whitelist) approval or require a fax to HC, so behind mod/staff approval.

The morning CMP incident I've heard of is a perfect example of why bad CMPs should be ahelped and jbaned, not whitelisted.

I said that on the discord already, and I can leave this here for posterity - Whitelisting CMP means that MAYBE the 3 active-ish CMP mains or primary chars will apply. Maybe a few more, for the swag. You will see LESS CMPs them. Which means that most of the CMP duties will fall to the Warden. And presto, you have exactly the same problem.

So yeah, this seems a pointless overreacting from a legitimately bad CMP round that seeeeeems to have unleashed some grudges.

Also in this thread:

> Complain CO Whitelist users are low RP.
    > In game, everyone yells at a CO who tries to do any sort of RP. Also, ooc salt. Also, absolutely everywhere everyone whining that a RPing CO is a whore that holds back the action. Also, a CO tries to do something nonstandard gets called bald, everyone runs to the DS.

Pick one.
    Last edited by silencer_pl; 12-20-2020 at 12:07 AM.