User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CMP Should Probably Be Whitelisted

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's a fucking awful idea why would you ever want CMP to be whitelisted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the people claiming CMPs can't be shitters and get away with it, I'd like to point out a recently community banned staff member was actively a shitter in the MP and CO role for a long time and got away with it until finally getting busted down for that on top of several other things. [I know because they posted the logs in discord before being C-banned]

The problem with the role is deeper rooted than a whitelist can fix on its own, but having a punitive force that isn't staff members who count on the role to make their job easier and are thus biased, would help a little.
    Last edited by Driker; 12-20-2020 at 03:55 AM.
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whitelist all MP jobs them don't give anyone the whitelist, problem solved.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    play stupid games...

win stupid prizes...

parrot retarded phrases...

(the cmp whitelist in a nutshell, should it come to pass)
    what stupid games have u played lately...

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dreven lol sick

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can barely convince some people not to yeet the current whitelists we have. You think they would really entertain this, HAH.
    I pray for the Whitelist future if I ever left CM
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    The currently whitelist system lacks any real requirements other than being a known player or friends with the whitelist council.

Furthermore, those whitelisted openly mock the system itself claiming they're "Low RP" and shouldn't even have the position to begin with.
    ie; Attachment 1597
    Honestly if any Whitelist council people can legit respond as to how it's acceptable that so many whitelisted members openly mock the whitelist system itself and remain whitelisted I'd love to understand the logic.

In my opinion, whitelist needs to be reworked to be more than simply a "well known player club" and go back to some basic requirements. Because honestly whats the point in the current whitelist system when it could easily be replaced by a "time-gate" system which would essentially veto and gatekeep players just as efficiently as the whitelist council does.

So what I'm getting at is why whitelist a position that could easily benefit more from a time-gate since no manner of RP standards seem to be enforced among whitelisted players?
    I don't even understand this argument. Every whitelist takes into account if you are a known player, similar to how you let Bill Carson get away with various acts of grief simply because he was 'known for it' and 'nobody but him would have been allowed' so I am not going to take that statement with any regard. Every CO applicant is observed, I can say with confidence nobody on the council has friends with anyone we accept, we as a council are not even friends. We have differing opinions and through discussion we attempt to make the best resolution.

We did have a LRP problem in the past, COs who constantly berated RP both in discord and in-game. This was fixed, I personally put forward the idea of a purge which removed the threat of any inactive COs returning and memeing as they'd done in the past. Also, LRP COs eventually vanished after they either found themselves banned for other reasons due to staff putting a heavier focus on combatting LRP or they just shot themselves in the foot somehow and were banned and lost their WL.

The current state of COs is fine, every CO does their job and if they do destroy their credibility somehow with a massive meme then it is dealt with accordingly.

In regards to other WLs making comments I have nothing but respect for synths and preds who try to uphold RP standards as well. However, frankly both roles spend most of their time on the ground and are not watched constantly by marines with every step they make like COs. Their actions even if it is frankly combat synthing or some breach of honor code do not affect the marines as a whole to the same extent as failure by command leadership does so I take their opinions on the state of the CO WL with a grain of salt.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I can barely convince some people not to yeet the current whitelists we have. You think they would really entertain this, HAH.
    I pray for the Whitelist future if I ever left CM
    Who in the position to do so is actively seeking for the removal of white lists? I'd honestly like to know who and why?

If they are that determined to do it like TGMC does then it's going to happen if and when you leave regardless. Sometimes you just have to let people fail before they can try to succeed, and fail is exactly what they will do. The roles would have to be re-balanced and it'd be in a manner that makes them not worth touching anymore, much like over on tgmc.
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooper44 View Post
    Breaking news

White Council Member who's part of the problem doesn't see a problem with the whitelist.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Driker View Post
    Who in the position to do so is actively seeking for the removal of white lists? I'd honestly like to know who and why?
    Devs who believe that game content shouldn’t be locked behind “gatekeeper” and also they believe that whitelists become a clique to the point it’s a popularity contest. Problem is there are some people who just outright don’t believe in them and will never believe in them regardless of how well behaved the whitelist is.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids