User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: CMP Should Probably Be Whitelisted

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    ngl I wanted to take bancrose out back and shoot him and replace him with snooper as WL maintainer at one point, and make him the dude in charge but our other managers feel the role is basically obsolete now because they can handle everything if the admins in charge of WL cannot.
    Kinda a perfect example of another thing I've been parroting for awhile.
    You guys have so many bloat ranks that you can't get anything done, nor get rid of a WL Manager who doesn't seem to have any presence anywhere anymore?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Kinda a perfect example of another thing I've been parroting for awhile.
    You guys have so many bloat ranks that you can't get anything done, nor get rid of a WL Manager who doesn't seem to have any presence anywhere anymore?
    You simply just dont like what you see, or aren't aware of what happens behind the scenes anymore. The real person in charge of each whitelist is a staff member. The councils may discuss things, vote on things, etc... but at the end of the day the only vote that counts is what the staff member in charge wants to do. Managers or I only step in if its something that makes us basically go "HOLD UP"

A CO application could have a hundred negative votes because of XYZ, but Dubszor has the authority to say "No im accepting this"
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    A CO application could have a hundred negative votes because of XYZ, but Dubszor has the authority to say "No im accepting this"
    Is that what happened for you? XDXDXDXD just kidding.

Anyways, yeah, like snooper was saying, lore really helps build characters. Like, Salvador Kepplinger will always tell you about the time he cut off a Gorgle-back's arm and used it to slay three UPP assassins, or the time he went undercover for the British Royal Intelligence Agency and managed to stop a plot to overthrow the government. Roleplay isn't *salute-ing every person you see, it's building interactions with others, and stories that they will actually remember and enjoy.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Synthetic Unknownity's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To those who try to compare CM whitelist roles to other ss13 roles.
    Here's the thing, silicon roles are already niche enough and rarely played by people and putting them behind a whitelist would make them even less accessible. That is why most if not all servers decide to not whitelisting them, it is simply not worth it and silicons will become a myth (as a silicon main myself I know better)
    The captain does not need to be whitelisted because he is literally just a staff assistant with all access and a gun.
    The HoS however is the only good contender for a WL.
    Timelocks are simply not enough to deter shitters lets be honest and Goonstation is a perfect example that HoS whitelists work as the only people who apply for them, wish to be an exemplary member of Security and give proper guidance to secoffs, people dedicate more than 30-50+ hours as a regular secoff to become a HoS and they really try to be good with antags and others so they dont fall into the shitsec abyss.
    But man TGMC has them unwhitelisted! Sure but then you realize because of that accessibility, TGMC Synths are nerfed to the ground and are basically useless tin cans that are even less enjoyable to play than the AI from a non silicon main perspective and im pretty sure their equivalent of the CO is being removed while preds have been removed from the code ages ago.

If a CMP whitelist would truly ever be implemented, you shouldn't treat it like the current whitelists but treat it like Goon's HoS application process
    Samuel 'Prophet' Logue
    BRAVO n CHARLIE Forever
    "Getting too old for this shit."
    ----
    Synthetic Kyra
    ---
    Yautja Shi'rei Mei'ka
    ----
    POW
    Burrower main

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then treat CMP as CO. No new councils etc. Add small ML questionnaire and its done.