Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warfan1815 - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    Warfan1815

Player Name You Use Most?
    Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    [WITHDRAWN] Commanding Officer application: //showthrea...er-Application (This was deleted however)

[DENIED] Commanding Officer Application: //showthrea...er-Application

[DENIED] Moderator Application: //showthrea...or-Application

[ACCEPTED] Moderator Application://showthrea...or-Application

[DENIED] Commanding Officer Application: //showthrea...er-Application

Have you received any bans in the last month?
    No

What is your timezone in UTC?
    0+

What is your discord username and handle?
    WarFan#8828

Basic Questions & StoryWhat do you think is the job of a Commander?
    A commanding officer in totality has the job of ensuring the operation runs smoothly, and the job of ensuring the ship does not receive any sort of inefficiency.

And, the commanding officer has the duty of ensuring his men and himself does not break Marine Law & SOP in any major way, though leniency can be afforded to ensure the operation runs smoothly

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    Because I wish for the higher tier in the CIC hierarchy to allow me to execute my operations with autonomy, and not to be halted in by any Commanding Officer who would come by.

Of course, I also want to enjoy something (even though it is just slightly) new. I mean that's why people who play games strive for new levels, it is after all for a new experience or good experience.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I am good at commanding, I am easily shaping around the situation of the round as they come by. I have a good quirk that could give a mix up from the standard Tom, dick & harry CO.

How will your Commanding Officer behave? Describe their character.
    Warris 'Haig' Fernsby is essentially a very British military officer who acts of the Edwardian period (19th-Early 20th century Britain) in his premiership as an officer, as he is very much modelled off such British Generals as Sir Douglas Haig (or much rather, the stereotypical depiction) during WW1 caring for the glory and victory of war, with an ordnanance bent, regardless of human casualties of anyone but for the people he is friends with.

He also owns in partnership with a friend an ordnance company called "Fernsby & Mountbatten Ordnance." And there-after, has a somewhat large focus on what the explosives of the battlefield have done. Yet again, regardless of human casualties. But that is not to mean he doesn't care about injury or death the common marine faces. He just has a very detracted stance of 'apathy' and "walk it off"-ness to his response when brought up.

Name and briefly describe your Commanding Officer's own ship.
    His Ship, named the HMS Hastings, is a very large, antiquated, storage container ship that has been heavily modified to become a broadside-firing (with 40 16-inch guns) behemoth of a ship that has about 2 companies of active combat personnel and massive holds of explosive ordnance in some areas where the storage container ship hasn't been modified.

Due to the wealth of the commanding officer, he has been able to give the ship massive amounts of capitol to requisition such, but did run out of funds for improvement 30 years ago as maintenance and upkeep began to become such a large issue.

The only glaring issue of the ship is it's armour & modernity, mainly being only half a metre thick in some areas. But the largeness of the ship has most of the time shielded rounds hit from affecting critical areas before the ship can move to broadside and do large amounts of damage to any assaulting craft. It is however thought that in a fight with a carrier-ship. The HMS Hastings would be incredibly outmatched as the ship has very few small-AA guns as it prefers to move with ships that can handle such a threat easier and in some areas large amount of ordnance can easily be exploded.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    ExperienceHow experienced are you with the position of a Squad Leader (SL)?
    I have had numerous occasions where I have played it, and I would say I play it incredibly well (due in part to my large experience with command, but also due to my smaller [But no doubt small] experience with the role)

How experienced are you with the position of a Staff Officer (SO)?
    I remember playing it incredibly regularly before I decided to play XO as a main, you could say superseded, but I feel confident whenever the call for command beckons, and XO is occupied, I take the role lovely.

How experienced are you with the position of a Department Head?
    Before my foray into main CIC, and before the upstart of my British character I played the role of Requisitions Officer rigorously, and rather recently (for nostalgia sake) I do sometimes take it up and i'm still as good at it as the day I left it.

CE & CMP are much the same, offshoots from my skipping between department & department learning the trade in earnest & then playing the department head of said department.

The only one I dare never touch is CMO. Long after SS13 has faded from everyone's memory, and all (if any) successions fail. I think I shall still be able to say I have never played CMO. the main medical role is so boring and I haven't even scratched CMO. (Though I could fairly say I could knock out a day one of these days and learn the trade, but I just don't care)

How experienced are you with the position of the Executive Officer (XO)?
    Well, I am incredibly experienced with the role. A reasonable statement is to be made about how I do love it, mostly because of it's proximity to command of the operation, and also of how much I have done with the role.

And after recent events with my applications. I have taken to increasing my play time with it when I can. And I do hope now I have shown experience to a recognisable standard.

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)?
    I played MP for a lovely amount of time, read it sometimes then. I played CMP for a lovely amount of time, mastered it then. I then became Moderator, and I had expertise then.

ScenariosWhen do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used? List some examples of scenarios in which a battlefield execution would be correctly used.
    I'd follow the SOP standard to the T, after all CO's shouldn't really break law at all. Unless they want their whitelist removed.

It should be used when any other rout has been expended, and/or there is an immediate threat to the command or the ship, or it's a spy threatening security and is breaking capital punishment laws.

Meh, I don't think I'd ever use BE more then a few times in my entire career. That's why this section will be so short.

Examples:

A spy from the UPP is about to assassinate him, he decides to execute him using a mateba.

An SL is calling for a mutiny, and is murdering any MP's he comes across. And has now entered CIC.

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner? What are some examples of crimes you would pardon, and those you would not?
    When the person arrested is integral to the operation to an absurdity that such a crime can be forgiven in the interests in saving lives.

Oh and if it isn't a capital punishment.

There is only one Pilot Officer online, he accidentally breaks a window. And are arrested by MP's for damage to government property, I hear of this. He is released.

A delta marine is arrested for murdering a charlie marine. And is not requesting a pardon. I don't pardon him.

What is your routine after starting the round as either a Staff Officer or Executive Officer? Assume you joined round-start and are inside your quarters.
    Go to the bubble, give RO the supply points from Defcon, Set Dropship pad, greet the command staff, check for any outstanding starting issues, And issue a round start announcement with briefing time in it.

How would you handle insubordinate departments? State what you would do for each department if they were insubordinate.
    I suppose there are 3 phases we should consider,

1) Evaluate: are all of them insubordinate? Is it important? And can't their department be replaced? If the checklist is all true, continue.

2) Negotiate: offer monetary, honorific & other peaceful means of pacifying the more sympathetic people in the department first, if they cannot waver & they all stand fast against taking orders, continue.

3) Force: Arrest anyone causing substantial trouble to making the department cooperative under the pretence of insubordination, and threaten the more peaceful people in the department with this if they still don't catch the message.

How would you handle an understaffed CIC? What if you and the XO are the only available CIC crew?
    I have handled this on numerous occasions with a lot of efficiency, and it's just to go through the motions, if you can get a CE or someone to help you with receiving information then that'll be splendid, but sometimes there is no CE. And the show must go on

What would you do if you were deployed and a marine told you they were going to desert the operation?
    I would encourage them to stay and help the operation, if they still persist I would offer them the ability to become apart of my guard and "go on the splendid hunt," should put to rest their interests to desert (whatever that is) and if they continue to say so, I give them one final stern warning & order, and then I'll decide to battlefield execute them for being a threat to my command (after all, desertion is in most aspects refusal to follow orders)

ConfirmationsDo you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right,

Everything within the application seems good and your a decent active command player with a decent quirk.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut there's a big elephant in the room and that's your attitude outside of the game, what measures have you taken to address it and will we see a noticeable difference?
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    Right,

Everything within the application seems good and your a decent active command player with a decent quirk.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut there's a big elephant in the room and that's your attitude outside of the game, what measures have you taken to address it and will we see a noticeable difference?
    If anything it wasn't my attitude, it was my attitude in relation to basedoperator. He did run me the wrong way. And I am a lot more relaxed considering 2020 hasn't been the best year for me. But brighter days have arrived, and I am no longer bitter. For both reasons.

I am in no ways excusing what I did, it was still incredibly reprehensible (so much I got suspended & almost kicked from the mod team for 2 weeks) and I do not wish to be so angry with the community ever again, and I will almost definitely not be so passive-aggressive like I was.

And, I do hope I can improve my quirk when I receive my whitelist. I have always found extravagating my quirk a bit of an ill idea considering it might negatively effect my Commanding Officer application, but that's just me being paranoid about you guys after what happened last time I am sure.
    Last edited by Warfan1815; 12-20-2020 at 12:57 AM.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said that I'll support yer application if you turned yer reactions around. You did so I'll be leaving my plus one before making my leave, and I'm sure others will as well.

You took the advice given from myself and many others and have essentially perfected yer behavior, and application as perfect as a human can get. I have no doubt you'll get the WL if you lead well in-game in CIC and for my spirit's sake play SL to learn that as well. If it's denied for some dumb reason I'll rise from the dead and throw a chair at the application process.

Good luck on whatever questions yer required to answer but you have my full support.

+1 from SL main and now I take my leave. Don't fuck this up man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While Basedoperator showed his true colors in the end, he was by no means wrong about you and summarized what many feared on your behavior by the time and I hope you realize it-- That being said, the application is decent enough but it is hard to believe someone can change their personality in a month, yet it is possible and chances need to be given. Do you accept your wrongdoings and regret your past actions in both Whitelists attempts and that all the feedback that was given back then was valid, including Based's, and recognize how you acted wrong? If yes, how can you show us that you changed for the better and how?
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

If he fucks up dewhitelist him like the rest
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heya warfran. I knew you were going to write another one and you know what. I wholeheartedly support it.
    I have seen multiple time you were by no mean a bad commander just some time you take yourself a tad bit too seriously ^^
    I'll look forward to seeing you in the CO. Your app itself is fine, you as a person is fine. and I don't think what you did should hinder you too much as overall you're a splendid chap to talk with
    +1
    if you fuck up you'll just lose the whitelist.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LynuahSororitas View Post
    While Basedoperator showed his true colors in the end, he was by no means wrong about you and summarized what many feared on your behavior by the time and I hope you realize it-- That being said, the application is decent enough but it is hard to believe someone can change their personality in a month, yet it is possible and chances need to be given. Do you accept your wrongdoings and regret your past actions in both Whitelists attempts and that all the feedback that was given back then was valid, including Based's, and recognize how you acted wrong? If yes, how can you show us that you changed for the better and how?
    I refer you to my response to Albert Blackwell with regards to most of this. However to cater a bit to your specific questions instead of giving a general statement.

how can you show us that you changed for the better and how
    Well, I suppose talking would be a start. And I am after all answering comments so I am talking. If you find my comments to your disliking or I somehow turn into giga-evil masquerading as a person who has learnt his lesson do let me know, though I do have large doubts about that.

I joke, but yeah. I don't really know how I could give you more depth to the answer "has he kept his personality but is in disguise" then, well, I am talking. If you find a (what I consider ficticous) mask slipping then you have got your answer of a yes. If you find I have changed (which I hope will be your answer) then it's a no.

Personalities take long to change, but attitudes can change in a day. So let us not judge me as a bitter person who has suddenly changed his attitude to a nice person, judge me as a human who was (not anymore) as bitter as that human has ever been who is now nice. Granted, he has had some personality change; a certain case of finding more leverage with people who are being critical, so you're not entirely ill-aimed.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That ought to address the concerns, I can bring myself to believe you have improved yourself, answering people accordingly already shows that. Remember that having a Whitelist is nothing more but an arrangement of trust, you will always be watched and expected to be on your best, and for that, by any means, do not let anyone disrupt it, be it a single person that has a grudge against you or whatever other things, because that happens in a daily basis and it can only get just so demanding.

Look forward to your commission in the Third Fleet's battlegroups and Merry Christmas, Neutral

Editing to neutral for now, 50Rem got a point, I would like to see some more vouches too
    Last edited by LynuahSororitas; 12-20-2020 at 03:53 PM.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have any vouches, guarantees, votes of confidence etc. , ANY at all that are from active, reputable cm players, that your quirk idea has improved from its original form, which was abusing command consoles to write literal spam announcements containing next to no useful information, and that you will no longer be breaking character and going on long, unhinged IC rants whenever someone told you to cut the crap?

(please don't tell me to go fuck myself I'm going to cry)
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!