User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Warfan1815 - Commanding Officer Application

  1. #21
    Senior Member special2kira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    279
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    apologies, while I am confident in his ability in elsewhere, I didn't get to ask about how well he knows about marines law
    sorry if this caused issue


    Feel free to add me on discord
    (Not) a Primagen#2359
    I'm an example of what not to do if you want to become a CO ask me for any CO related questions.
    I also draw CM char
    As of writing this signature, I have no intention of playing much of CM aside from spectating and watching people seeing how they do nowadays.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Me_Bigsnail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no standards whitelist

    +1
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

    THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

    Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

  3. #23
    Member Kot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you put more effort into your quirk and talking yourself up than giving valuable, concise information to the people who are down playing the game and don't care about how exaggerated the dapper swagger from the laddies is. You also seem to have issues with not chimping out at the slightest sign of disrespect or insults. look at your past applications for OOC examples- imagine what would happen when a dozen marines are shitting on you because you took too long writing up a copy of churchill's speech. think it over
    Malcolm Grimes - The USCM's 7th greatest equalizer.

    in forced (temporary) retirement =]

  4. #24
    Moderator Warfan1815's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kot View Post
    you put more effort into your quirk and talking yourself up than giving valuable, concise information to the people who are down playing the game and don't care about how exaggerated the dapper swagger from the laddies is. You also seem to have issues with not chimping out at the slightest sign of disrespect or insults. look at your past applications for OOC examples- imagine what would happen when a dozen marines are shitting on you because you took too long writing up a copy of churchill's speech. think it over
    I am not suggesting in the slightest I haven't thought it over, the opposite in fact. As I have strived to focus more on mechanical distinction then linguistical distinction, which shall prove a lot better then my formative months in which I wished to shape the character and in the course of trying alienated a large amount of people for my leaning heavily on roleplay that people might not of understood or found it irritating. Nowadays in my course to improve it I have changed my quirk to be quirky when the situation is willing to extents that will not effect the operation at large. to be less so, and more concise when the operation demands clarity, and to vary my character's quirks not just to my linguistic depths but also strategy of the time my character is based off. Though you may criticise this strategy all you want, it'll certainly bring more to the table then just irritating language you (constructively) criticise me for and offer up some fun. Afterall, fun is what this game is all about at the end of the day.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

  5. #25
    Member Kot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfan1815 View Post
    a
    It's not that your quirk is annoying but that you seemed to put more time into it than actually playing the game. That being said, I haven't played in a while, so I'm sure you've had room to adjust in that matter in a way that allows you to both play your character and play the game.

    Play XO when councillors are online if you're not doing so already and show them your playstyle. I'm not voting because I haven't played in a long while, but you'll likely make it through if you prove that you're not prone to go into petty disputes over day-to-day disrespect and minor insubordination by more proactive marines. cheers man
    Malcolm Grimes - The USCM's 7th greatest equalizer.

    in forced (temporary) retirement =]

  6. #26
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been waiting a while before posting to see you in game however since your app has been up I haven't seen you playing command roles. Another problem is I don't think I've ever seem you as CMP (that I can remember). If you get a couple of hours in these roles over the next few days and do a good job I would be happy to give a +1 as I know your attitude has changed since your last app.

  7. #27
    Moderator Warfan1815's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ben11567 View Post
    I've been waiting a while before posting to see you in game however since your app has been up I haven't seen you playing command roles. Another problem is I don't think I've ever seem you as CMP (that I can remember). If you get a couple of hours in these roles over the next few days and do a good job I would be happy to give a +1 as I know your attitude has changed since your last app.
    Yeah, I'll be playing more of the game, and especially command, more now that external pressures have been fixed and I am finally found to not be binging a story game I have been playing probably far too much of recently.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

  8. #28
    Admin & CO Council Member Somenerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay.

    I apologise for the delay in voting on this app, I've been a bit lofty with CO stuff recently due to heavy amounts of *life* at work recently.

    I think there's a decent amount of apprehension at the moment because your first two applications absolutely shit the bed.
    However, I actually think you'll probably be okay. I do believe you seem a lot calmer than before and I think you are improving with regards to your quirk in character. I didn't get to comment in time on your previous apps about the times I would see massive Quirk Announcements with no substance while marines were begging for direction.

    With regards to your attitude, you've recognised it was an issue and I have no doubt that you realise that it's unacceptable given the suspension from moderator at the time. Nevertheless, as the Commanding Officer you will get people insulting you and disagreeing with you A LOT.
    People will question how you got the whitelist in the first place, your every action critiqued into the sun by people who never play command, people will call you a griefing shitlord of a human being for the smallest possible things at times. Even in those scenarios, the response you gave to Basedoperator is unacceptable.
    I also think you sometimes answer these questions very simplistically or without going into much detail on the answers, and I felt the same about your app initially. I've read it several times and not really felt like there was a lot in each section. However, this can be offset with your answers in the application.

    Having said all that, I'll be the first in the council to vouch for you here in the affirmative, but I'm also going to give you some questions and I want you to give serious answers to them. Give some detail, think about the answers.

    I think you're ready and I want you to show that to everyone else.

    These include Marine Law and SOP Questions so you're more than welcome to check Marine Law before responding. Expected, even. No one remembers everything.

    1. It's lowpop, and a Cargo Tech and Requisitions Officer are arguing. It results in the Cargo Tech insulting the RO, who seems genuinely annoyed and gets the Cargo Tech arrested for DASO.
    The Cargo Tech calls you for a pardon. They don't deny the charges as being invalid, but they're calling the CMO a dick while you're speaking to them.

    Could you Pardon? Would you Pardon? Are there any alternatives you can seek for the minor charge instead of a pardon? Anything else you would do regarding these two?

    2. You've pardoned a Doctor for damage to government property. The same doctor is then arrested again ten minutes later for calling the CMP a shithead.
    They call for another Pardon. Would you do it? Why/Why not?

    3. You've ordered the CMO to the planet. They refuse. Why?

    4. You're called to an appeal of a marine charged with Murder. The marine was in a fistfight with another marine which resulted in cardiac arrest, but the marine only barely survived the scuffle themselves and swears they didn't mean to kill them.
    Would this appeal be valid? What would the charge be?

    5. A Marine is consistently talking about how shit of a commander you are in front of other people. They're telling other people to ignore you and that they're going to do their own thing. You then blow their head off.
    Is this a Valid BE?

    6. A marine is arrested for a minor charge. You decide to overrule their charge into an NJP, and tell them their NJP is to go down to the planet and do their job. Is this an acceptable NJP?

    7. What does leadership mean to you?
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

    Whitelisted Commodore and CO Councillor, Admin, and Nerd!

  9. #29
    Moderator Warfan1815's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Somenerd View Post
    Okay.

    I apologise for the delay in voting on this app, I've been a bit lofty with CO stuff recently due to heavy amounts of *life* at work recently.

    I think there's a decent amount of apprehension at the moment because your first two applications absolutely shit the bed.
    However, I actually think you'll probably be okay. I do believe you seem a lot calmer than before and I think you are improving with regards to your quirk in character. I didn't get to comment in time on your previous apps about the times I would see massive Quirk Announcements with no substance while marines were begging for direction.

    With regards to your attitude, you've recognised it was an issue and I have no doubt that you realise that it's unacceptable given the suspension from moderator at the time. Nevertheless, as the Commanding Officer you will get people insulting you and disagreeing with you A LOT.
    People will question how you got the whitelist in the first place, your every action critiqued into the sun by people who never play command, people will call you a griefing shitlord of a human being for the smallest possible things at times. Even in those scenarios, the response you gave to Basedoperator is unacceptable.
    I also think you sometimes answer these questions very simplistically or without going into much detail on the answers, and I felt the same about your app initially. I've read it several times and not really felt like there was a lot in each section. However, this can be offset with your answers in the application.

    Having said all that, I'll be the first in the council to vouch for you here in the affirmative, but I'm also going to give you some questions and I want you to give serious answers to them. Give some detail, think about the answers.

    I think you're ready and I want you to show that to everyone else.

    These include Marine Law and SOP Questions so you're more than welcome to check Marine Law before responding. Expected, even. No one remembers everything.

    1. It's lowpop, and a Cargo Tech and Requisitions Officer are arguing. It results in the Cargo Tech insulting the RO, who seems genuinely annoyed and gets the Cargo Tech arrested for DASO.
    The Cargo Tech calls you for a pardon. They don't deny the charges as being invalid, but they're calling the CMO a dick while you're speaking to them.

    Could you Pardon? Would you Pardon? Are there any alternatives you can seek for the minor charge instead of a pardon? Anything else you would do regarding these two?

    2. You've pardoned a Doctor for damage to government property. The same doctor is then arrested again ten minutes later for calling the CMP a shithead.
    They call for another Pardon. Would you do it? Why/Why not?

    3. You've ordered the CMO to the planet. They refuse. Why?

    4. You're called to an appeal of a marine charged with Murder. The marine was in a fistfight with another marine which resulted in cardiac arrest, but the marine only barely survived the scuffle themselves and swears they didn't mean to kill them.
    Would this appeal be valid? What would the charge be?

    5. A Marine is consistently talking about how shit of a commander you are in front of other people. They're telling other people to ignore you and that they're going to do their own thing. You then blow their head off.
    Is this a Valid BE?

    6. A marine is arrested for a minor charge. You decide to overrule their charge into an NJP, and tell them their NJP is to go down to the planet and do their job. Is this an acceptable NJP?

    7. What does leadership mean to you?
    1A) I honestly couldn't care less about the CT, there is a requisition officer to handle req (and after roundstart, and it being lowpop, 2 is overstaffing anyhow) and also I don't really think that kind of attitude is appreciated by my character. Pardon request denied. I could, theoretically pardon. But then yet again I could pardon theoretically anyone who did not commit a capital crime. But no, I don't think I will.

    2A) I am not going to pardon them, after all I am held responsible for what they do after they are pardoned. and to pardon them again, after putting in good faith that they shall not carry out a crime a second time. Would be absolutely ridiculous. Especially if IC HC would to catch wind of a person who was pardoned twice, or even after those two pardons both times committed another crime.

    3A) It's an illegal order, since to do so would break SOP (and by proxy marine law), especially section 3.3.0 which states "Department heads are not allowed to deploy to the AO," and people are allowed to not follow illegal orders. Although, yet again, since why he hasn't followed the order hasn't been stated (I am pondering why he did it after all) and it says he must state why he isn't following the order... He could be charged with insubordination... Of course insubordination says you are exempt from following illegal orders but illegal orders are only illegal orders if you state why they are an illegal order, sort of? I am not in the know of how this was intended, but pretty sure as intended if you don't announce why they can still arrest you for insubordination. I am sure i'll contact Nanu about that, but for the time being if this hypothetically happened before I got a word back. I would just leave it for the MPs of the current round to decide. since Officer ordered arrests is a whole other can of worms. Keep it simple stupid.

    4A) If there is lack of evidence that the marine intended to murder the victim, as in any witness statements of him saying "I am going to kill you" or something like that. it is a blurry line but I would probably downgrade his charge to manslaughter, as though there was no intent. He was still directly responsible for killing the victim.

    5A) It is valid, though I wouldn't do it myself, possibly. as per execution privileges we are allowed if they are: "A threat to your command. Credibly attempting to or threatening to undermine your command,"

    6A) NJP's are defined as "All punishment-related orders to perform tasks outside a marine's assigned duties" and since it is within a marine's assigned duties, it is not an NJP

    7A) To ensure cohesion between different arms of a certain task, and to make sure people fulfil their duties to the upmost; to ensure stability & information towards a goal, to neglect or render ineffective chaos or misinformation.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

  10. #30
    Whitelist Council Member FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    267
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, I don't have any noteworthy issues at present. So long as there's no incidents I'm fine giving a +1 for now.
    CO Councilor

    Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

    Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •