Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tech webs is a good idea,

18 34.62%
  • Tech webs is a bad idea,

23 44.23%
  • I'll play more after tech webs.

12 23.08%
  • Tech webs is going to make me leave the community.

9 17.31%
  • Balance over features

14 26.92%
  • Features over balance

25 48.08%
  • We should pursue MOBA ideas

8 15.38%
  • We should not attempt to be a MOBA

26 50.00%
  • Roleplay over mechanics

24 46.15%
  • Mechanics over roleplay

17 32.69%
  • Everything past perma-nest has been a bad idea

6 11.54%
  • Everything past perma-nest has been a good idea

5 9.62%
  • Some ideas past perma-nest has been a good idea

25 48.08%
  • I am seriously troubled the direction the game is taking

24 46.15%
  • I wholeheartedly love the direction the game is going

8 15.38%
  • the game will be fine any way the game is taken

8 15.38%
  • Gun play needs improvement

32 61.54%
  • Gun play is fine the way it is

9 17.31%
  • xenos is now boring

12 23.08%
  • xenos is enjoyable

25 48.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Poll on current dev architecture & mainstream ideas

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to add absolutely nothing to the conversation by saying that permanesting was and is a terrible idea.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Speaking of which:
    Who made HEFA order cannon in CM lore? Not the devs.
    Who got the idea to give Jones human laws and his own office? Not the devs I assume.
    Who got the idea for shitty immersion breaking Xeno-Mass ornaments, decorations, helmets (on a underpayed military ship during active combat operation) and xenos for atleast 3 weeks now? Not only the devs I assume.
    Who not so long ago rulled out transhumanist marines as "insane", to only now agree to give marines robo limbs again? Hmmmm...

Leaf-man may blame only the devs, or only the admemes, depending on what is best to scheme for now, but it was all joint operation.
    Make some MRP guidelines and keep them, but don't make them too straight and then give tools to have a point of start. Helmet ornaments like shotgun shells, or rain covers were a great start.
    Make cool stuff that people would want to talk about. Give us combat loaders for the sake of having combat loaders.
    Add self-run round variation, self-run HvH, or self-run zombies, variety gives RP. What the fuck can you RP with beno? When it spins like a fucking autistic toy that was popular not so long ago, or maybe when it slashes you?
    Beno combat is as stale as xenobread in the R&R is. What gives "standard" SS13 servers so much RP? Variety in experience. Shooting beno with shotgun, or shooting beno with rifle, or shooting beno with small machine gun isn't a variety, really.
    There was a lot of back and forth on some of the lore that was written up. I was a vocal and written opponent against the HEFA order and all of the other silly stuff. Sadly, I, and many others, were drowned out.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HEFA order started as a joke and it turned into something serious.
    However its just for events, and silly LORE that someone came up with it. It's not the worst thing to have happened to the server.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of which:
    Who got the idea to give Jones human laws and his own office? Not the devs I assume.
    I made the jones office I'll fight for it don't you insult my magnum opus
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    HEFA order started as a joke and it turned into something serious.
    However its just for events, and silly LORE that someone came up with it. It's not the worst thing to have happened to the server.
    Maybe not the worst thing that happened to the server. Pulling the trigger on a pistol isn't the worst thing that happens, but bullet that hits the foot of the CM and starts bleeding RP heavily is.

And how could anyone (who came up with this shit and then agreed for this shit) be in the position to criticise LRP on a server, when fucking silly joke turned into fucking silly joke that we have to consider as serious? Fricking Lore wiki page, something that is supposed to be HRP by design, has a SILLY JOKE FACTION SET AS CANNON!
    Doesn't matter its just for events, Death Squad is also only for events, but atleast Deathsquad isn't a fucking joke, has some base in lore and isn't stupid.

Jones Laws and HEFA order being cannon are the monuments that ground every shitty behaviour as acceptable. Nigga penis based cringe? Not even a bit stupidier, or LRP than HEFA order.

Oh, Combat Loaders? Uh, doesn't fit CM, what are we, Gundams?
    Oh, Cult praising one specific military grenade? Uh, it fits CM perfectly, lets make it cannon, but don't worry, its cannon, but we will use it only during ebents.

What a relief, might as well say that Honk Mother is cannon in CM, but don't worry, Clown ERT will be used only in ebents.
    Might as well say that entire C&C Tiberium universe is cannon in CM. Don't worry, Brotherhood of Nod, GDI and Scrin ERTs will be used only in ebents. Yes, all that is required to be cannon to just be used in ebents.

And now I wait to be hit with "Its just written in wiki, we could just add one sentance 'not cannon' and then it would be fine for you?". Yes, it would, the fact that this small thing isn't done to this day says something.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I made the jones office I'll fight for it don't you insult my magnum opus
    In itself it doesn't concer me, but the fact that its yet another LRP shit that will stay with us (unlike benomass ornaments) is concerning.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In itself it doesn't concer me, but the fact that its yet another LRP shit that will stay with us (unlike benomass ornaments) is concerning.
    In canon jones is the fleet admirals pet if I'm certain, having a room to keep your pet in so it doesn't wander around isn't immersion breaking, I just called it "jones's office" because it slightly funny
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    Mapper since 12/29/2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current jones is the result of players doing fucked up shit to the cat, and staff responding by giving the cat special rights to avoid the situation. Kinda somehow creating a new situation pointing out the issue with a cat with human rights being lrp. IMO, the cat should have just been removed and it would have avoided a lot of headaches.

As for the development. It reflects the game direction most of the current active players want to see. The last town hall was an overwhelming majority of players pointing out that CMss13 is a tdm game with a few extra steps. In that sense and because I respect democracy, I appreciate that the development team is doing something for game direction that the majority desires. The source of our issues here is primarily reflected in the fact that game direction as a whole, and community desire as a whole is moving in a different direction from what some staff desire. Theyre slowly leaving, in turn getting burnt out fighting the impossible fight of forcing a large group of people to enjoy the same things they do.

In the meantime the player base as always is pinned between the two worlds. I have faith it will get better in time, not through advocating change here though. Players have tried and failed over and over again to get changes to occur with mps, with rp standards and enforcement. None of it ever went anywhere. It doesnt matter though, this is the reality of the current playerbase. You cant force them to like what you want, and in trying youre only going to ruin your own time here.

We lost a lot of the rpers here who are never coming back. Its more or less to late now, but there was a time where some changes could have been implemented to allow for a hrp ship, and a 0 rp ground force to exist. It would have spared us losing a lot of good people on both sides.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    In canon jones is the fleet admirals pet if I'm certain, having a room to keep your pet in so it doesn't wander around isn't immersion breaking, I just called it "jones's office" because it slightly funny
    Since when Jones is fleet admirals pet (nothing in changelog, or wiki)? Why fleet admirals pet is on ship that isn't commanded by fleet admiral? Why Ship that isn't commanded by fleet admiral has a room for fleet admirals pet? Why fleet admiral leaves his pet on a ship patrolling highly dangerous fringes? Why stray cat that nobody knows from where it come from is fleet admirals pet?

The rabbit hole goes deep just for the meme room for a stupid cat, that could just as well sit in CO office as it did and piss on the carpet there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    holy fuck dude its a cat room get over it
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    Mapper since 12/29/2020

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggested they just add a cruelty to animals violation in marine law for killing jones or killing monkeys in research for pleasure.
    BUT NOOOOO they had to make it a capital crime to the point where its an absolute meme
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids