Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tech webs is a good idea,

18 34.62%
  • Tech webs is a bad idea,

23 44.23%
  • I'll play more after tech webs.

12 23.08%
  • Tech webs is going to make me leave the community.

9 17.31%
  • Balance over features

14 26.92%
  • Features over balance

25 48.08%
  • We should pursue MOBA ideas

8 15.38%
  • We should not attempt to be a MOBA

26 50.00%
  • Roleplay over mechanics

24 46.15%
  • Mechanics over roleplay

17 32.69%
  • Everything past perma-nest has been a bad idea

6 11.54%
  • Everything past perma-nest has been a good idea

5 9.62%
  • Some ideas past perma-nest has been a good idea

25 48.08%
  • I am seriously troubled the direction the game is taking

24 46.15%
  • I wholeheartedly love the direction the game is going

8 15.38%
  • the game will be fine any way the game is taken

8 15.38%
  • Gun play needs improvement

32 61.54%
  • Gun play is fine the way it is

9 17.31%
  • xenos is now boring

12 23.08%
  • xenos is enjoyable

25 48.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: A Poll on current dev architecture & mainstream ideas

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the reason why low rp events occur more is, events are just often thrown together with little planning, and it is much easier to just throw some lazy event material at a wall than it is to organise something a bit more fleshed out.

I do think Devs do to an extent impact roleplay, it's pretty rare to see roundstart roleplay due to the tedium of the squad cargo system system. I think people reflect what they see, if they see roleplay, they'll engage in RP, if they see people throwing cream pies at Co, they'll do that.

Most RP is player led, but yeah some barriers could be removed to help that.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trench007 View Post
    Looking at that memorial post someone made of all the people who used to play and I played with is just a reminder that it's time to move on, this server is different now and there's no turning back the clock.
    It's hard to reflect on people leaving as the sole reason for a game declining as well known players come and go as their lives, interests and experience change.
    It's rare for people to play any game long term, especially for more than a couple of years. Game's will generally always change to some degree and you can lose a large portion of the vocal playerbase who are complacent with the old ways. More importantly if you take current CM and compare it to older CM you arguably get two entirely different games with different core values attracting a completely different type of player now.

However I think it's important to look back on a lot of the "leaving" posts to find a similar reasoning as to people lost interest in the game.

If you look back on the years of 2017-2020 there is a large portion of especially staff leaving due to the direction of the game no longer correlating with their interest to play the game (you can find a lot of these in their goodbye threads on the forums).
    These are things we looked at specifically during my time as Manager, was their a correlation to people leaving the game?

Also have we figured out the cat issue cause I'm now certain the cat is the reason for RP issues.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post

Also have we figured out the cat issue cause I'm now certain the cat is the reason for RP issues.
    Me: Hey Nanu just change it to Cruelty to Animals, Major Crime, 30 mins. Here's the verbage
    CO Council: Well wait let's dis---
    Me: This is not a request
    CO Council: No wai-
    Me: I RUN BARTERTOWN
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm gonna agree with everything CABAL said here, Jones room is pretty dumb. The HEFA knights I can let slide because they are only used in events, their 'lore' is just 'hey here's what these guys are and some funny stuff about them' which is hardly offensive.

Getting away from RP and back to the poll, which has gotten a lot a lot more votes, I'm surprised that 'features over balance' is so far ahead. Obviously this is just a small sample size but still. I'm not surprised that gun play needs improving has the most votes though.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admins cannot make RP friendly events because our lore still needs a lot of fleshing out in order to base anything off of. I am hopeful when we start seeing even more chunks of the lore portion of the wiki filled perhaps we can see more unique events.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021