Eric "meat missile" castle
    Their BYOND Key
    kingphillipiii
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    current round
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    multiple
    Description of the incident
    Playing on soro as pfc, witness an mp groundside chasing and attempting to taser a player. They do so in the same time frame that queen and multiple xenos are attacking the fob. Slight time later xenos are pushed back a little and marines begin fighting outside the fob.
    witness the mp begin chasing and attempting to fire random taser blasts at the player outside of the fob grounds. Another player witnesses the mp griefing and breaking rules and decides to buckshot him to death. Player appears to get slept, at this point I move the mp further away from the medics
    because im worried they will try and revive a griefer. My logic here is that if a moderator decides that somehow this was all ok then the mp could simply be revived via moderator intervention so no big deal.

Kingphillip pms me and asks why I moved him to the front. I explaied what he was doing and that it was breaking the rules, I removed him because I was worried he was an active griefer and if found otherwise he could simply revive him. Easy peasy. I mention that I was screen recording this round
    and the moderator demands that I show him the video. I said no, becuase Im not obligated to share what I do privately with staff here. Playing here doesnt get cm staff access to what I do or save personally on my computer. If I dont want to share it, then thats fine. It cant work to benefit what im saying
    becuase I didnt provide the video, but I should never be punished for refusing to share private information with cm staff.

After I said no he responded in an angry fashion and told me that I must be lieing and would be getting banned for griefing and interrupting an attempted fob arrest.

So the issues here are multiple.

1. What I record is my own personal things that cm staff have no control over, and cannot punish me for not sharing with them.
    2. He didnt properly investigate the situation before hammering through a ban when I said the words "no" in response to me providing a video.
    3. The ban accusses me of griefing a player who was following the rules, this is demonstratably false, and the investigation here should show that the player was actually breaking
    rules to leave the fob and attempt to arrest people close to the fob.

This is a video game, Im not obligated to share my video recordings or do investigating for staff.

Investigate properly before you ban people. This isnt the place to flex your internet powers on people who upset you by saying no. Im not a child, this doesnt impress me or most of the players here.

https://pixhost.to/show/44/178909643_screenshot-249.png
    Evidence
    not provided. Pull logs.
    How you would punish the accused
    depends on what his history is like and how many issues he has with banning players before completing a proper investigation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An investigation was already completed, as I'd looked into the player in question and saw no evidence of intentional griefing, just him being bad at conducting an arrest of a player. At the tail end of this, I was wondering how he wound up so close to the alien line when he tells me Antrixx pulled him up to the frontlines. I go and ask him and his response was "He wanted to frontline so I was just helping him get there."; meanwhile this is after the MP in question is already dead so he was basically just trying to ensure he wasn't revived.

Antrixx claims the MP in question was griefing, and claims he has a recording of the incident. As I said, my logdiving didn't show anything of this sort, so my response is 'Alright, show me the recording and I'll make my call with that". As is, he has already earned himself a ban for trying to throw the MP to the aliens, Antrixx has a long history of metagrudging MPs in general, so this was just natural escalation. I was tempted to give him a day ban but refrained from doing so since he hadn't had any similar issues lately. Him showing me the recording was his oppurtunity to convince me he wasn't griefing and work his way out of it.

His response was no, blowing up about how I'm not entitled to his recordings or something, I don't know what the problem is since he can literally just give me the ten or twenty seconds of relevant footage. I honestly don't know why he's so protective over his footage either, unless he was, I don't know, lying about it because he doesn't like MPs. End of the day, his ban wasn't for refusing to hand over the recording, but for griefing an MP. Yes, denying revives counts as griefing. We would do the same thing if you shotgunned his corpse 50 times in an effort to make sure no medic could revive him in a reasonable period of time. So after he showed he wasn't going to actually give me any evidence to the contrary, I issued the ban. I just cut to the chase at that point.

I'm not 'flexing on the internet' either, you might not be a child, but you sure as hell sound like one who's mad he got a timeout because he broke the rules and is just slinging mud.
    Last edited by KingPhilipIII; 12-20-2020 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasnt lieing about the footage, im going to rely on staff to pull records showing his locations to prove that I was telling the truth. He was running in and out of the barricades a fair distance to engage a player directly next to xenos at the front line. There is a fairly significant amount of other players who witnessed this behaviour.

I dont not have a "long history of meta grudging mps" I have an incident noted from almost a year ago for shooting an mp. This is a rather pathetic attempt to smear my character to hide the fact you did a piss poor fucking job of investigating this and are trying to throw blame at me. Youre also slandering me by accusing me of having something to hide by not showing my recording. This is called intimidation, you are attempting to intimidate a player into doing what you want, and if this is how you choose to conduct yourself then you are the correct temperment for a staff memeber.

I am not mad that you gave me a timeout, im mad that you cant conduct your job in a professional manner and this is not only shown by your actions here but also your response in the forum. Nobody here player or mod thinks im a hrp player, its well known im a 0 rp player but I very rarely have bad interactions with the other players here. Most of my notes are for issues with staff. You concluding otherwise and the attempts youve made here to smear me are going to be seen through by anybody with an above 3rd grade level education.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only moved the player away from being revived after the point where another player had killed him and he had engaged in actions to the grief and detriment of all of the current marine players ( chasing and engaging a player outside of the fob and firing his taser randomly outside of the fob). With the soul intent of stopping him from further griefing the playerbase untill a time where a mod could decide what action to take and revive him if needed. This was after I had already ahelped the situation to ask a moderator to look into it and help.

Today in this forum here is something you said

"I honestly don't know why he's so protective over his footage either, unless he was, I don't know, lying about it because he doesn't like MPs."

This is a definition for intimidation.

"to frighten or threaten someone, usually in order to persuade them to do something that you want them to do"

You have a history of staff reports finding you guilty of intimidating or threatening players, and in this thread you have conducted this again quite clearly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You clearly don't know what intimidation is. I'm simply suggesting that you are not as you present yourself to be, which is not an unreasonable statement to make. Intimidation would be me threatening you to make you drop the report or some such, like if I said "If you don't drop the report I'm going to lengthen your ban".

Curtesy of Google: Intimidation is intentional behavior that "would cause a person of ordinary sensibilities" to fear injury or harm. It is not necessary to prove that the behavior was so violent as to cause mean terror or that the victim was actually frightened.

While we're over the internet, we can naturally take away fear of bodily harm with fear of retribution.

I conduct myself in as professional a manner as could be expected of a volunteer for 2d spessman game. You aren't a customer, I'm not being paid to do this. I volunteer to help keep the server chugging along smoothly, not to kiss ass to all the players who think they're entitled to act like a Karen. I remain respectful, as common decency demands, but that doesn't mean I'm obligated to beat around the bush and not say mean things, it means I'm obligated to not be an asshat.

As far as your history with MPs, you have like four or five separate notes relating to issues with the MPs. That's just the instances you've been spoken to about it, I'd eat my own fucking boot on the bet there are more things we just never caught.

EDIT: Also, discord convo immediately following the ban, for posterity sake: Antriix discord convo..jpg

EDIT 2: I'm retarded and don't know how to make it bigger.
    Last edited by KingPhilipIII; 12-21-2020 at 12:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pal I dont care what you think qualifies for intimidation. Saying something like that is an attempt to cooerce a player to do something you want it. It qualifies and you have a history of threatening and intimidating players into doing what you want. You can try and paint this however you want but you what you said qualifies as intimidation. Your personal opinion has little effect on the matter.

and this shit

"As far as your history with MPs, you have like four or five separate notes relating to issues with the MPs. That's just the instances you've been spoken to about it, I'd eat my own fucking boot on the bet there are more things we just never caught."

Again its you just claiming shit you have absolutely no proof of in an effort to further slander me.

"I heard antrixx burned a house down"

You think thats professional? You think that has place in an official report? Its petty and pathetic. Given how you have a history of using your position as a moderator to threaten to ban people who disagree with you in dchat I expect little less.

As for you volunteer comment, sure its not a job. It still has standards, which involve not threatening, not attempting to intimidate or cooerce players into doing things you want, remaining cool and professional and following correct procedure. Which to wit, you have failed every last goddamn thing on.

Nobodies acting like a karen. If you want some reality, about half of your responses are you just on a whim assuming things that you have no proof of and extrapolating on them as if they are fact. What fucking part of that is professional?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    " I don't care if the dictionary definition of intimidation said you weren't intimidating me, you were still intimidating me. My opinion matters more then the literal reference source for definitions of words" Ok buddy.

And I can LOOK AT YOUR NOTES. I LITERALLY have access to them. I'm not posting them because I'm not certain of whether I can or not.

I threaten to ban people as a joke all the time, using absurdism like 'you can't kill me ingame or you get banned ree' because it's funny and I like to try and be friends with people. It's literally never been sincere, except when people were actually violating rules and I tell them to knock it off. Trying to use that to suggest I somehow have a history of threatening people is laughable.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BOTH OF YOU KNOCK IT OFF.

Wait for logs and manager resolution.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have the staff reports to validate what ive said about your past issues with threatening players.

As for the the qoute you just used. Generally when you qoute someone you want to copy what they actually said and not the imaginary bullshit in your head that you come up with.

"And I can LOOK AT YOUR NOTES. I LITERALLY have access to them"

Im aware you can look up with notes and I never refuted what you said about that, im referring to you extrapolating that I must also be doing other things wrong all the time that you dont catch. Thats an another attempt to smear a player about something that you cant prove and have no knowledge of. This thread has basically been about 50% you insinuating without proof that im doing things up to no good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was typing this when you posted soldier my bad. Ill refrain from posting anything more about it I just want to make note that I have a player report created for other players to speak about what they saw in regards to the situation.