User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not sure - Mp rules, griefing rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure - Mp rules, griefing rules.

Player Report
    Your Byond ID?
    antrixx

Date of Incident
    December 20, 2020

Your Character Name?
    antrixx

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    not sure

Accused Character Name
    not sure

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    about 2 hours ago

What rule(s) were broken:
    Mp rules, griefing rules.

Description of the incident:
    Was playing pfc on soro, mp comes down and begins leaving the FOB to attempt to arrest a suspect, engages in leaving the fob and attempting a frontline arrest
    multiple times while enemy xenos are nearby. A player shoots them and I move them away from being revived untill a moderator can figure out what happened.

This is also involved in a staff report but I wish to report the player and provide other players room to comment on what occured.

The moderators involved in the situation will also have the mp in questions name so it can be updated.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    logs

How you would punish the accused:
    mp role ban, noted and talked to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was there for that round as Nurse Lother Jones. The MP was Karl Karlsson. I was at FOB evading arrest from the shipside MPs and healing people when the MP deployed and actively tried to arrest me.

They tried to stun baton and when I outran them they started to use their taser. By the time they deployed the xenos were already at the FOB sieging the outer layer of cades, so some of the taser bolts were flying towards the marines defending cades. I remember maybe one marine actually getting hit by a taser shot, but it was pretty reckless to try to tase anywhere near the marine frontline, especially when xenos are very close to the LZ. Rather than staying at the innermost barricade line, the MP chased me around to the outer part of the FOB where xenos were in our sight line and fighting marines.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, involved as well.

I was the first staff member to respond to the incident. An Ahelp came in regarding an MP going on a tazing rampage near the front line, so I jumped over to check it out. Indeed, Karlsson was running a little bit ahead of the FOB cadelines in a hot pursuit trying to tackle down Donkifieds character. I PM'd him about it to understand why he's so close to the front lines and he explained himself with being in hot pursuit which, according to Marine Law, is allowed as long as the MP doesn't come close to hostile forces.

Now, I'm not about the legality of just wildly blasting tazer beams into everything, especially with a bunch of Marines around, though I can understand given how the taser works and how jaggedy everything is, it was incredibly difficult for him to hit his intended target, which basically asked for crossfire to happen. It happens to the best of us.

The MP got eventually griefed by someone via point blanking, and I handed him off to I think KingPhilip it was while I took care of the Medic who killed the MP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the player who sent the initial ahelp and asked you to look into it. Im not an expert on rules but I would assume if the taser bolts hit marines who were actively being attacked by xenos then it would qualify as close to hostile forces.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    report2.jpg

Blue is my path, yellow are cades, green are approx xeno locations

I never left the cades of the FOB (and even if I did I would have been permitted to by the hot pursuit clause. I never went into any area where I was in danger, as will be shown by the logs of me never shooting my mk221 or getting hit by a xeno

Never got FFed either apart from when a marine decided to PB me next to the landing pad

I was ordered by the CMP to deploy to the fob to arrest the nurse, and as such stuck within the fob itself

(in the end I got the nurse on the dropship going back up, then they proceeded to call me a "jannie" in the brig and immediately ghosted)

I also direct you to rule 6 of the report a player rules, which states "6. You may not make an report for another player if they were the victim of a rule break. The exceptions to this rule is if you are reporting a player for a Whitelist violation (CO Standards/SOP, Synth Guidelines, Predator Honorcode) CO Battlefield Execution reports may only be made by the player who was executed if they feel it was not right/improper."

So unless you got directly hit by a tazer bolt then this report is already null and void

Lastly this already got handled in game by a mod (kingphillipIII) who determined I didn't break any rules. Rule 9. "9. Reports should not be made if a staff member had already investigated the issue and determined it was not a rule break. The decision is final, and there is no second guessing or "Monday morning quarterbacking.""

You can find these rules here : //showthrea...er-Forum-Rules

Therefore the report is invalid.

edit : in regards to the bit about the tazer, I was in MP armour with slowdown, the nurse was in a snow suit without slowdown. I judged my best chance of getting the nurse would be to hit them with a taze and then flash or stunbaton. didn't want to use pepper spray because that could very easily down marines for a long time, if one got in the way, whereas a tazer only does a slowdown (so I could catch up to the nurse)
    Last edited by Stan_albatross; 12-21-2020 at 12:45 AM. Reason: added a bit after I saw pfanner's post
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im going to ask that it be kept by the staff handling this because information in it is relevent to a staff report which supercedes a player report.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also that I was directly effected by the course of action here, and that eye witness reports and logs I beleive show you striking marines with taser bolts who were actively engaged in xeno fighting. I Think this qualifies as a rule break, becuase you engaged at a point where your actions began to effect other players on the front lines who were fighting xenos. Such to the point where a player felt the need to pb you to remove you from what you were doing, and that another player (me) had already ahelped you and then moved you to a point where I beleived you couldnt cause any more harm until a moderator had investigated.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antrixx View Post
    Also that I was directly effected by the course of action here, and that eye witness reports and logs I beleive show you striking marines with taser bolts who were actively engaged in xeno fighting. I Think this qualifies as a rule break, becuase you engaged at a point where your actions began to effect other players on the front lines who were fighting xenos. Such to the point where a player felt the need to pb you to remove you from what you were doing, and that another player (me) had already ahelped you and then moved you to a point where I beleived you couldnt cause any more harm until a moderator had investigated.
    did you get hit with a bolt or not. if you did not the report is null.

if you have any "eye witness reports" feel free to direct them to post in this thread.

If me missing my tazer shots counts as griefing then by that logic every marine who FFs is also griefing - and to a much larger degree
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im going to update the little map you made with some facts.

Red is the location where the queen engaged the apc during your chase. Orange is another location where the queen attacked the barricade line during your travels chasing and firing your taser. Green is the location where a preatorian and ravager attacked around the same time frame as you were chasing. The picture you provided is false and appears to make it seem that the fob was generally totally fine. This is frankly bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://ibb.co/bB5VFBx
    heres the map