User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isolatar - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isolatar - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Isolatar
    Character Name?
    Sam Wise
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Unknown
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    N/A
    What other servers do you play on?
    Just CM.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    None.
    Reason for Ban
    Banned from Staff Officer - As SO they commited suicide and left the game. If you wish to have this job-ban lifted make an appeal on the forums. | Mon, June 25th of 2018
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    So this ban is over 6 months old and obviously since then I've realised that instead of committing suicide to could avoid being SSD in the CIC, I could have just pop down to the lower deck and cryo myself. Rest assured, I haven't committed suicide for any non RP reason since then and I would like the job ban appealed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You�ve only had a few notes since your SO job ban. They�re not horrible either. +1 on this being lifted; just be sure you cryo if you don�t want to play SO next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fine with lifting this. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mostly want to know what you'll do about MP's trying to arrest you that you see as grief now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remaining Neutral until you've answered Solar's question as your recent notes does affect this application due to SO being a RP position and quite important.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right so the whole griefing an MP to avoid arrest note doesn't portray the whole scenario accurately. Without getting into the details since it was handled by another admin (can't remember who it was), it was a survivor that was the MP's intended target. However things escalated with the MP tazing multiple people in the CIC despite the xenos being in the CIC corridor. They were shoved and disarmed multiple times and even one member of the command team tried to stop the MP. With more pressing matters at hand, I gunned down the MP since it was clear they wouldn't stop at any lengths to arrest the survivor. I received a heavy warning from that admin and I agreed I wouldn't improperly escalate in any future scenario.

As someone who plays as CMP often, I understand the problems that arise from marines opening fire when avoiding an arrest. I also note that there is a time and place for every arrest and I vehemently disagree with the scenario above, with the xenos knocking on the CIC door and what not. However as a marine I have never shot an MP (outside of a mutiny) to avoid arrest nor do I actually intend to. I prefer simply running away from any issues with MPs. If I get caught, I get caught and I rarely ask my squad for assistance.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don�t have an issue with the jobban being lifted
    +1

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would be fine to have this jobban lifted. Your notes haven't been too severe since then and it sounds like you understand how to better handle both that kind of MP situation in the and leaving the game/cryoing in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After answering Solar's question, I'm confident that you know better now and could be given a chance at playing SO again.