User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you for the OT update and some things still needs to be fixed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the OT update and some things still needs to be fixed

First of all, FINALLY. Thank you for the ID locked doors, as the OT workshop used to look like a Turkish bazaar with 10 people haggling in high-pop round starts. Also timers fixed and can be pre-maturely activated and placed back. Excellent update.

A few things still "bugged" or could be improved:

- Potassium-chlorid. I don't get this. Potassium+water=boom. People were saying potassium chlorid is the same, so + water is also boom. I tried it but it just does not work for me. Or the boom is so tiny than I misinterpret something? Anyway all the recipes call for potassium, so why do we have potassium-chlorid there?

- Gold, copper, salt, etc: Why do we have these? Yes copper gives it gold flames okay. So...it does nothing. Gold also. Salt?! Can someone go over all the ingredients in the locker and remove the pointless ones or update the wiki if there are some hidden mechanics for these?

- Vendors: there is a vendor inside that can vend high-capacity power cells. Why do OTs need this? That vendor holds nothing useful. But SGs always coming in for the extra cells. I feel this was intended as an RP element, same as squad req, where you have to ask your SL what you need. Well, as SLs, I just dump them on the floor outside. Place that vendor outside with SG access.

- Please place 1-2 engi-locker for us. Same ones that are upstairs. We need those webbings and high vis jacket for extra space and I feel it's pointless to run upstairs to grab one. Maybe throw in an explosive-pouch. Thanks.

- M40 nades. Totally useless. I know in theory this and that and can be launched from UGL yada yada. In real gameplay...they are useless. Since it only hold 1 baker I can't even put the more powerful ones or even foam inside, which would be a good use for them. The M15 has exactly 3x the capacity. There is literally no point making them.

Claymores on the other hand are really cool, as they are cheap, hold 120, can hold 2 baker and don't even need an igniter assembly. If I go to the trouble of making some cyclone or octo, whats the point of putting it in an M40 when I still need to make all the assembly for it? Please either increase capacity, baker limit (even if capacity remains the same) or put in a tripwire mechanism or make it more powerful. At the current state, they are pointless. Nobody bothers with them. Only thing I'm using them for is making a meme water-nade to extinguish flames. Yes, it works.

- Wiki says ANFO limit for mixing is 60. I think it's 30. I died too many times mixing 40-50. Please check and update.

Finally, this is not a rant. Excellent updates, just needs more tweaking. Also cheers for the bombsuit, great addition.
    Last edited by Fix it again Tony; 12-22-2020 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anfo: 40 acid + 20 FUEL = 40 anfo.
    40 acid + 21 FUEL = boom. NEVER add more than 20 fuel at a time.

the m40 'nades: radius 5 fire from a underbarrel launcher? Sure. radius 5 metal foal from a underbarrel launcher? Sure.

There are still exotic recipe leftovers from before CM forked, I'm happy to have access to things like lithium.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FredDingles View Post
    anfo: 40 acid + 20 FUEL = 40 anfo.
    40 acid + 21 FUEL = boom. NEVER add more than 20 fuel at a time.

the m40 'nades: radius 5 fire from a underbarrel launcher? Sure. radius 5 metal foal from a underbarrel launcher? Sure.

No offense...do you play OT? Or just read the guide? maybe you haven't played for a while?

40 acid+21 fuel boom? Nope. I usually mix 120 acid with 3x20 fuel and it does NOT go boom. I used to do 600 acid in tank and add 30-30-30 fuel and no boom. That is 10x more than you suggest, so sorry this is wrong. The only reason I stopped doing it is lag. If you click at the wrong time and the game lags, it will somehow add the 30-30 fuel so fast that CM thinks you added 60 and it blows up. So to play it safe I add 120 acid+20-20-20 fuel. When done, I pour the anfo in a janitor bucket and start again with an empty mop bucket. There is no other reason for this than lag-bug.

As for the m40 nade metal foam? Would love to see how you do it as it only fits 1 baker. If you put the foam agent, polyacid and metal in 1 baker it immediately foams up in you hands so M40s can not be used for this, the smallest casing would be M20 mines for this. Right now stabilizing agents do not work on this server, hence you will have to finds other ways to make napalm also.
    Last edited by Fix it again Tony; 01-27-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear I replied to this. Apologies if there is a double post.

"Beware that some chemicals can be sensitive, spontaneously igniting when more than a certain amount is mixed at the same time (! = 60u, !! = 5u, !!! 0u)."
    Source: https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Ordnance_Technician

The dispenser's next largest dispensing amount WILL cause a boom.

Apologies about metal foam, was thinking of 15's.

And ethanol + phosphorous will make a radius 5 fire in a m40. That other substance you mention is irrelevant to the process.

Conclusion: Okay, m40 only makes a 5 meter fire 'nade that isn't garbage.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am glad someone still play ot

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FredDingles View Post
    "Beware that some chemicals can be sensitive, spontaneously igniting when more than a certain amount is mixed at the same time (! = 60u, !! = 5u, !!! 0u)."
    Source: https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Ordnance_Technician

The dispenser's next largest dispensing amount WILL cause a boom.

Apologies about metal foam, was thinking of 15's.

And ethanol + phosphorous will make a radius 5 fire in a m40. That other substance you mention is irrelevant to the process.

Conclusion: Okay, m40 only makes a 5 meter fire 'nade that isn't garbage.
    Regarding this, obviously with 200 hours OT I read the guide and it is wrong as it gets. The basics are fine. It teaches you some stuff. Read Kryth's guide now you can make some stuff. But when you start fiddleing around and try out new things, you will realize how broken OT is. Please read my other post where I mention how ranges and power can be overridden, how scanner is bugged and the rest. If I have a theory, I play the game and ignore every guide/post as they sounds good but doesn't work half of the time.

'And ethanol + phosphorous will make a radius 5 fire in a m40. That other substance you mention is irrelevant to the process.'

Again, read my last post. I saw somewhere here that somebody made an excel sheet with the amounts. If you have that, you just plug it in and you don't have to test in-game. Since than I made my own extended excel with various other chemicals that will break the game. I don't want to go in to detail, but OT is still very much broken and open for abuse. And trust me it's more complex than mixing 2 materials in the OT lab

Anyway. Yesterday I made about 15 maxcaps by round start. Gave out all before first drop and ghosted to observe how they are used. As I suspected, 50% was never used as marines were eaten faster than they could be used, 2-3 had FF due to bad throws and 2-3 resulted in actual xeno kills. I guess this is why devs don't care too much if they are broken as it honestly more of a gimmic than any real effect on the game.

And that is 15 nades, most OT takes their time so they usually give 0-3 nades before start, I just find a fast way to fix the cyclo anfo for simple true maxcaps. + I don't talk to anybody, no RP just make shit in the first 20 mins.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    I am glad someone still play ot
    Yeah, I love OT but I play it differently than I observed most OT. I make things, but most of the time I deploy as I know that most OT explosives never even reaches the front let alone get used. So making 20 nades in a round is literally totally pointless. Especially you don't even get to see the booms.

I always make nades before drop and always give it to who ever wants, be it a PFC or CL or MT (possibly an agent or some funny guy) I don't care. I'm there to have fun and make the game interesting for other people. Than I make around 20-40 OT things. Fill up my bag, webbing, vis jacket, 2x demo pouch + 1 lightweight bag. Once I have all those I deploy to the front and start handing out these to people who will use them.

If I don't do this, a bravo will take the nades that was dropped by req and they 100% will not get used. Or a medic pockets one and he will be busy healing or gets eaten by a lurker when going to refill his chems. Fail again.

The only real way to make sure they are used it to give it to marines who I know or saw playing or have middle names, looks unique so they are experienced ETC.

And also I will use them myself. Mind you this will result in a warning and can get you job banned so careful with this. Try to wear marine uniform so it's not as obvious that you an OT as enemies and admins will spot you immediately and you will get into trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    As for the m40 nade metal foam? Would love to see how you do it as it only fits 1 baker. If you put the foam agent, polyacid and metal in 1 baker it immediately foams up in you hands so M40s can not be used for this, the smallest casing would be M20 mines for this. Right now stabilizing agents do not work on this server, hence you will have to finds other ways to make napalm also.
    Use research vials. They hold 30 units each. Although I'm not sure how useful that'll be, since I haven't messed around much with various foams. But you can make it in an M40.

As for napalm, same as CLF3, add water equal to OVER HALF OF THE RESULTING AMOUNT of napalm/CLF3. So 60 water will let you make an amount of napalm/CLF3 BELOW 120. 120 TOTAL. So if you have 60 water, 100 napalm and make 20 more of the latter in that container, it WILL explode.

I'll probably look into making an MR so you need equal to half instead of over it, but that will be after the feature freeze is over.
    Last edited by Sigil; 01-29-2021 at 07:06 AM.
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    - Wiki says ANFO limit for mixing is 60. I think it's 30. I died too many times mixing 40-50. Please check and update.
    How much fuel were you adding? ANFO explodes at OVER 60 units mixed at once. Adding 30 fuel to 60 ammonium nitrate(poly+ammonia) makes 60 ANFO. So if you add more than 30 fuel to a container with a lot of ammonium nitrate, it will explode. edit: checked in localhost, still works fine for me. So unless an update from, like the last three days broke it, everything should mix properly.

- Potassium-chlorid. I don't get this. Potassium+water=boom. People were saying potassium chlorid is the same, so + water is also boom. I tried it but it just does not work for me. Or the boom is so tiny than I misinterpret something? Anyway all the recipes call for potassium, so why do we have potassium-chlorid there?
    Never made potassium chloride, because it's shit, but it shouldn't explode, unlike potassium hydroxide. People likely said that because they're idiots and can't tell the two apart.

- Gold, copper, salt, etc: Why do we have these? Yes copper gives it gold flames okay. So...it does nothing. Gold also. Salt?! Can someone go over all the ingredients in the locker and remove the pointless ones or update the wiki if there are some hidden mechanics for these?
    They're mostly just colouring. Fun. Except gold. That's literally only used in goldschlager.

- Vendors: there is a vendor inside that can vend high-capacity power cells. Why do OTs need this? That vendor holds nothing useful. But SGs always coming in for the extra cells. I feel this was intended as an RP element, same as squad req, where you have to ask your SL what you need. Well, as SLs, I just dump them on the floor outside. Place that vendor outside with SG access.
    They're useful after hijack and it makes sense that an engineering role would have access to them.

- Please place 1-2 engi-locker for us. Same ones that are upstairs. We need those webbings and high vis jacket for extra space and I feel it's pointless to run upstairs to grab one. Maybe throw in an explosive-pouch. Thanks.
    There WAS an MR to add an EOD suit to the workshop. But forest's hangar rework that moved the OT room (and made it kinda shit) got merged first. The other dude didn't rebase his MR, and then the mapping freeze happened. So we'll probably get this shit after it's over.

Claymores on the other hand are really cool, as they are cheap, hold 120, can hold 2 baker and don't even need an igniter assembly.
    Wait, seriously? Since when? If that's actually the case, it's definitely a bug. ALL explosives are supposed to require an assembly with an igniter in it. Claymores specifically should take igniter+igniter for tripwire and proxy+igniter for, well, proxy.
    Last edited by Sigil; 01-29-2021 at 08:11 AM.
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigil View Post
    Use research vials. They hold 30 units each. Although I'm not sure how useful that'll be, since I haven't messed around much with various foams. But you can make it in an M40.

As for napalm, same as CLF3, add water equal to OVER HALF OF THE RESULTING AMOUNT of napalm/CLF3. So 60 water will let you make an amount of napalm/CLF3 BELOW 120. 120 TOTAL. So if you have 60 water, 100 napalm and make 20 more of the latter in that container, it WILL explode.

I'll probably look into making an MR so you need equal to half instead of over it, but that will be after the feature freeze is over.
    Thank you for the suggestion. For research vials I tried to get my hands on them to the like that, but it's like asking CO for his mateba. They simply not giving out any. Maybe that's why I just gave up on it.

Thanks for the napalm idea I try it. When I fit it in 2 containers in an M15, it does not make napalm obviously, but it does burn for the correct length and it feels like it's the correct amount that's why I assumed it has to be in 2 containers and yes, if you mix them in 1 with no stabilizing agent it will combust. I'll try it this way.