User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank you for the OT update and some things still needs to be fixed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigil View Post
    How much fuel were you adding? ANFO explodes at OVER 60 units mixed at once. Adding 30 fuel to 60 ammonium nitrate(poly+ammonia) makes 60 ANFO. So if you add more than 30 fuel to a container with a lot of ammonium nitrate, it will explode. edit: checked in localhost, still works fine for me. So unless an update from, like the last three days broke it, everything should mix properly.
    Tell you what, grab that 2 canisters of ammonia and polyacid, fill an empty tank to get 600 ammonium nitrate than start adding 30 fuel. There is 2 ways to look at this. On one side you are mixing 600+30 units and that SHOULD explode as 630 is bigger than 60. But it won't by the way. The other way to look at it is 30 fuel will only reach to a maximum of 30 ammonium nitrate which is no more than 60 so it's safe. But damn if I haven't mixed 40 units ammonitrate also with 40 fuel before. You know what, I'm going to try it out today later and I get back to report it...after docs revived me. At least I get to test the bomb suit...

Never made potassium chloride, because it's shit, but it shouldn't explode, unlike potassium hydroxide. People likely said that because they're idiots and can't tell the two apart.
    So potassium and water explodes. We don't have potassium. But we do have potassium-chlorid. The assumption was that since potassium will react to water, potassium-chlorid also should react to water. It does not. Was not a far fetched assumption though...and with that said..no idea why to use it other than make pink flames.

They're mostly just colouring. Fun. Except gold. That's literally only used in goldschlager.
    ...now I want to make a gold molotov cocktail....

There WAS an MR to add an EOD suit to the workshop. But forest's hangar rework that moved the OT room (and made it kinda shit) got merged first. The other dude didn't rebase his MR, and then the mapping freeze happened. So we'll probably get this shit after it's over.
    I wish so I would not have to run upstairs to upper engineering to grab those stuff. It would be really ease of life mod, like vending marine armor automatically equips it on you instead of giving it to your hand.

Wait, seriously? Since when? If that's actually the case, it's definitely a bug. ALL explosives are supposed to require an assembly with an igniter in it. Claymores specifically should take igniter+igniter for tripwire and proxy+igniter for, well, proxy.
    It's not a bug. Even the wiki says it will indeed accept proxy-ignite assembly, but it can also use tripwire assembly. Meaning yes you slap in the container(s) and screwdriver it. It will work as intended with 2 tile range. AKA xenos have to step directly on it, or be 1 tile away, but to the tile which way the claymore was planted. That means with proxy sensor the claymore will explode if xenos walk behind it directly, while without it it will only explode if they walk directly in front or on top of it. I can assure you this is how it works as I almost never put in proxy sensors as I WANT it to explode once multiple xenos walked past it and 1 sets it off. With proxy it will set it off too early and marines will also eat it.

That's why it's my favorite. Cheap, only 6K metal that is 1.2 metal sheet. We got infinite 60 unit bakers at the OT lab via that machine. So if I run out of metal I can literally vend the buckets and all the things from other machienes and just feed it to arma-manufacturer and make clays. That's why I also said we don't need trash-dispensers, as if you have messed up you mix, just feed the bucket to the arma thing with all the liquids inside. It will eat it no problem and you can make more casings. It literally accepts everything except a screwdriver. Usually by the end of the round I disassambled the tables, vended all the hardhats, tools, everything from vendors and feed the beast to make more casings for me.

As for the chems, If I want I can even fill it with pure welder fuel, which there is like 6000+ units on the ship. It burns strong and long and it has a minimum of 2 range (as pure WF will have negative range).

Perfect for booby-trapping corridors and close them off for 10-20 sec from most xenos. And again, they are not a big deal really....but they are practically free and takes 2 sec to make. So I take it.
    Last edited by Fix it again Tony; 01-29-2021 at 09:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    On one side you are mixing 600+30 units and that SHOULD explode as 630 is bigger than 60.
    Explodes when over 60 is MIXED. Not when there's over 60 in the container. You can add 120 ammonium nitrate and then add 30 fuel twice, which will make 120 ANFO and won't explode, for example. But if you add 40 fuel per pour instead, it will make 80 ANFO on the first pour and then IMMEDIATELY explode.

Note that napalm and CLF3 use the TOTAL amount of the reagent inside a container. NOT the amount mixed like ANFO.

It's not a bug. Even the wiki says it will indeed accept proxy-ignite assembly, but it can also use tripwire assembly. Meaning yes you slap in the container(s) and screwdriver it. It will work as intended with 2 tile range. AKA xenos have to step directly on it, or be 1 tile away, but to the tile which way the claymore was planted. That means with proxy sensor the claymore will explode if xenos walk behind it directly, while without it it will only explode if they walk directly in front or on top of it. I can assure you this is how it works as I almost never put in proxy sensors as I WANT it to explode once multiple xenos walked past it and 1 sets it off. With proxy it will set it off too early and marines will also eat it.
    Tripwire assembly is igniter+igniter, which I'm well aware of. Earlier you wrote that it works WITHOUT ANY assembly (unless I misunderstood) and that definitely shouldn't be a thing.
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tripwire assembly is igniter+igniter, which I'm well aware of. Earlier you wrote that it works WITHOUT ANY assembly (unless I misunderstood) and that definitely shouldn't be a thing.
    Hm. I thought igniter+igniter is immediate boom so it's only used in rockets and mortars. Because you understood it correctly. No need for igniters or anything and they work. I just assumed the 'tripwire' is built in the mine that's why it works. So I don't think it's a bug.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, igniter+igniter is for stuff that's supposed to explode on hit AND tripwire. I have no idea why it would work without igniters, but I just found it in the code. And this looks intentional. Weird.
    Last edited by Sigil; 01-29-2021 at 11:16 AM.
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor